or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in - Page 2

post #16 of 341
Thread Starter 
5 spots left. Just send over payment
post #17 of 341
On second thought I'll have limited internet access from dec to feb so there's really no way for me to win. But if you guys need someone to fill out the last spot, I'm in.
post #18 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

draft is live, right now scheduled for 10/30 at 5pm pacific

League says the draft is on the 28th.
Quote:
•Your live online draft is set for Sun Oct 28 5:00pm MST [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 20 days, 4 hours, and 59 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.
post #19 of 341
Thread Starter 
My bad, it should be scheduled for Sunday the 28th at 5pacific
post #20 of 341
Continuous waivers means all free agents are in waivers and you claim them in waiver order which means Jeremy lins are claimed by waiver order not by who camps out on their phone and computer the most. Some of us have work to do
post #21 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Continuous waivers means all free agents are in waivers and you claim them in waiver order which means Jeremy lins are claimed by waiver order not by who camps out on their phone and computer the most. Some of us have work to do

Thats a smart approach. I did a league like 6 years ago which a guy was moving players every single day like crazy.
post #22 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Continuous waivers means all free agents are in waivers and you claim them in waiver order which means Jeremy lins are claimed by waiver order not by who camps out on their phone and computer the most. Some of us have work to do

Is the waiver order redone after weekly matchups based on standings? For example, whoever is in first place has the last pick on the order.
post #23 of 341
Thread Starter 
2 spots left. If you signed up on yahoo, send payment before Friday. You'll be dropped otherwise
post #24 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Is the waiver order redone after weekly matchups based on standings? For example, whoever is in first place has the last pick on the order.

i dont think its based on standings. if you get a player off the waivers you go to the end of the priority list and you get last priority
post #25 of 341
Thread Starter 
So you can only pick up players once a day, midnight?
post #26 of 341
Roman just as an FYI, it would have been helpful if you put the payment info in that last group email or in the league. I rarely make my way down here these days. But I paid.

I have mixed feelings about the continuous waivers, partly because picking up Lin and then Dragic were instrumental to my championship run last season, at the same time with the 3 pick ups a week it seems like there's going to be slim pickings for those of us without say top 5 waiver priority but at the same time it definitely makes it more challenging as well.
post #27 of 341
but see you got lin and dragic because you were at the computer more or quicker than anybody else, which seems a little unfair for people who are at work or aren't near their computer to pick up lin and dragic. waiver priority seems a little more fair
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

So you can only pick up players once a day, midnight?

no it's per whatever you have the waiver period set to.
post #28 of 341
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Marley View Post

Roman just as an FYI, it would have been helpful if you put the payment info in that last group email or in the league. I rarely make my way down here these days. But I paid.
I have mixed feelings about the continuous waivers, partly because picking up Lin and then Dragic were instrumental to my championship run last season, at the same time with the 3 pick ups a week it seems like there's going to be slim pickings for those of us without say top 5 waiver priority but at the same time it definitely makes it more challenging as well.

Good point, I included it in the most recent one.

It's a SF league so everyone has some idea where to get info. In any case I'm dropping 3 people in the morning if they dont pay tonight. otherwise you and another guy - both of whom have paid - cant sign up the league. As it stands right now, we have 11 in the league but 2 that have paid have yet to sign up
post #29 of 341
Thread Starter 
Regarding waivers: I think we leave it how it is. Just adds more intrigue and action throughout the day when you hear or read something and run over to check. while some do hawk the waiver wire, those are also the people that use up their moves the fastest. I've seen managers use all 3 moves by midweek. Hopefully the 3 move maximum Minimizes the amount of activity by the hawks
post #30 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Regarding waivers: I think we leave it how it is. Just adds more intrigue and action throughout the day when you hear or read something and run over to check. while some do hawk the waiver wire, those are also the people that use up their moves the fastest. I've seen managers use all 3 moves by midweek. Hopefully the 3 move maximum Minimizes the amount of activity by the hawks

I agree. Some of us have less time than others.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in