or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in - Page 10

post #136 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Marley View Post

Who do you want for Wall? (be realistic).

Bam. 6 player deal. Couldnt be more fair.
post #137 of 339
any offers for jr smith?
post #138 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

any offers for jr smith?

Ha ha, trying to make a quick buck?

Got your offer... how about Parker >< Deng strait up?
post #139 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

lillard is a god damn beast. whoever picked him up got lucky


That would be me nod[1].gif
post #140 of 339
Was gonna pick up World Was but somebody beat me to it. I hesitated because he would be a cancer in my club house.
post #141 of 339
i dont think mwp will be consistent enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Ha ha, trying to make a quick buck?
Got your offer... how about Parker >< Deng strait up?

im going to pass
post #142 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i dont think mwp will be consistent enough
im going to pass

So you counter with an injured role player in his 12th year for Parker? Come on dude.
Edited by idfnl - 11/17/12 at 12:35pm
post #143 of 339
wallace's warp score (0.3) is much higher than parker (0.12) who is currently undeniably underperforming. wallace is also due back tomorrow night. i felt like it was a lopsided trade which i felt was ok for me because i only have two point guards

also deng is currently top 50 while parker is like top 125. no way that's close to a fair trade. i would have put deng higher than parker even before the season

also also, wtf parker is in his 11th year.


fuu. i need love back. my team is terrible
post #144 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

wallace's warp score (0.3) is much higher than parker (0.12) who is currently undeniably underperforming. wallace is also due back tomorrow night. i felt like it was a lopsided trade which i felt was ok for me because i only have two point guards
also deng is currently top 50 while parker is like top 125. no way that's close to a fair trade. i would have put deng higher than parker even before the season
also also, wtf parker is in his 11th year.
fuu. i need love back. my team is terrible

I need Dirk and Wall back. I lose every day because my oppo has so many more games than I do.

I look at Parker and Deng's O-Rank and they are within a few points, you're wrong on that one. Parker's is 60, Deng is actually higher at 70. Their stats are of equiv value for their respective roles. You need a PG, I have too many. Look at the 'trade evaluator' tool, the swap in stats is net-net positive for both of us.

I think its a fair trade.

OMG that fucking Lillard is a beast. What a luck pick by Mikey (who is destroying me this week btw)
post #145 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Bam. 6 player deal. Couldnt be more fair.

lulz.
post #146 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I need Dirk and Wall back. I lose every day because my oppo has so many more games than I do.
I look at Parker and Deng's O-Rank and they are within a few points, you're wrong on that one. Parker's is 60, Deng is actually higher at 70. Their stats are of equiv value for their respective roles. You need a PG, I have too many. Look at the 'trade evaluator' tool, the swap in stats is net-net positive for both of us.
I think its a fair trade.
OMG that fucking Lillard is a beast. What a luck pick by Mikey (who is destroying me this week btw)

O-rank is a really bad measure to go by and is super subjective. for example kris humphries is performing super poorly and his o-rank is one higher than luol deng's

go by

http://rater.givemetherock.com/

WARP scores. wins over average replacement player. in essence how many wins in a category a player would have given you compared to the average replacement player.

luol deng is much higher.

you can't simply go by which stats would decrease or increase given a trade because you have account for standard deviation and performance of the average player in a given league. for example blocks are unanimously seen as more valuable on a number by number basis than points. 1 block does not equal 1 point. you have to standardize it over how the league in general performs
post #147 of 339
Same as assists and a low turnover ratio. I get it. Frankly you'll never sell that trade. I am looking at what to project between the 2 players and for me they are stats that we could both use. Its a fair trade to me, but my experience in fantasy is that nobody makes a trade unless someone gets suckered.

You're clearly unwilling to give anything real up.

I'll probably quit trying to trade and work waivers week to week. In past leagues people traded for stats, I dont see that here. Having B Marley lulz me on a even trade is clear evidence enough. You guys want clearance sales. My team will win once I have healthy players, but I will have a hill to climb and need a certain level of perfection to get there. D Wade is already fucking that prospect up.

Anyway boys, twist all the stats you want. I know fair when I see it. By the way, G Hill for Wall was actually pretty close, almost took it. If you offered it at the first game I probably would have.
post #148 of 339
i dont have ghill.

i dont mind giving anything real up (honestly every player on my team is tradeable) but I'd like something real in return.

also i have to disagree that trades always involve suckers. that's what it might feel like but depending on what kind of team you have and what stats and positions you're looking for it could be a win win
post #149 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i dont have ghill.
i dont mind giving anything real up (honestly every player on my team is tradeable) but I'd like something real in return.
also i have to disagree that trades always involve suckers. that's what it might feel like but depending on what kind of team you have and what stats and positions you're looking for it could be a win win

Sorry, that was an offer from Goonies.

Win win for me is Parker >< Deng. I'm not sure why you see it differently other than these metrics I've never heard of. I look at what I need and gain and what you need and gain and see we both get that.

And in truth, I struggled with the offer. Parker is as consistent as they come.
post #150 of 339
i understand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in