or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in - Page 8

post #106 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibs View Post

this has to be the season with the most injuries ... ever

Beyond belief.

Dropped Hedo with a broken hand, picked up Gerald Henderson who made it less than one game after adding him.... sprained foot, out 2 - 4 weeks.
post #107 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i lol'ed at your trade. come on brah

Why? Pretty comparative value.
post #108 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibs View Post

this has to be the season with the most injuries ... ever

I practically say this every year. lol8[1].gif

It's part of being involved in a fantasy league, the injuries are magnified and the littlest of stats start to matter and you see the small contributions role players make.
post #109 of 339
Its much worse this year, especially what, 3 or 4 games in?

Fantasy should have an IR spot so you can at least pick up another player while your guy is out. Injuries have too big an impact on fantasy otherwise.

Head to head, the person with the most games generally wins. I am vs NAMOR this week and have an uphill climb because he has like 3 more games than me, I've now got 3 injured guys.
post #110 of 339
Not always the case, at the end of the day, it is based on how your player performs. Hypothetically, if I had 2-3 games more than my opponent but Beasley and Hawes sucks it up and makes 20% fg with 3 to's each, then that is a drawback to me and the chances of me losing that category rises and having more game is negated.

But then my opponent has a player like Varejao who does 9/23/9 for one game, he pretty much reached the rebound goal that you hope for for that player for that week in that one game so anything else after that is a bonus and it negate having less games that week.

As I mentioned in the message on yahoo, some weeks you have more game while others you don't, it eventually evens out. Strategy is to use your waivers/pick-ups well and put it towards either making up for the stats you need or adding to the stats you don't want your opponent catching up to, all while not going overboard and dropping players that may do well in the long-run. Also look at the match-ups of players for that week, in our format, we have plenty of players we have to bench so that nights match-up matter even more, it might not always be about putting your highest ranked players every night.
post #111 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Not always the case, at the end of the day, it is based on how your player performs. Hypothetically, if I had 2-3 games more than my opponent but Beasley and Hawes sucks it up and makes 20% fg with 3 to's each, then that is a drawback to me and the chances of me losing that category rises and having more game is negated.
But then my opponent has a player like Varejao who does 9/23/9 for one game, he pretty much reached the rebound goal that you hope for for that player for that week in that one game so anything else after that is a bonus and it negate having less games that week.
As I mentioned in the message on yahoo, some weeks you have more game while others you don't, it eventually evens out. Strategy is to use your waivers/pick-ups well and put it towards either making up for the stats you need or adding to the stats you don't want your opponent catching up to, all while not going overboard and dropping players that may do well in the long-run. Also look at the match-ups of players for that week, in our format, we have plenty of players we have to bench so that nights match-up matter even more, it might not always be about putting your highest ranked players every night.

Agreed on most of what you say, but adding and dropping consistent performers because of matchups is a guaranteed loser strategy. You think other folks wouldn't swoop that player up right away? Then what? Trawl for stats by bringing in guys who get minutes from another guys injury?

The only time matchups matter is if more than 7 guys are playing and you have to judge who is best to get that 6th or 7th spot. Even that said, you think I am going to sit DaMarcus cousins just because he is going up against D Howard?
post #112 of 339
I didn't say match up by dropping and adding, I said match-ups because on a day like this Wednesday where all my players are practically playing but 5 of them has to be benched, I have to consider the match-ups and put the best guys to play.

As for adding/dropping, like I said it has to be done well and not drop someone who will have a long term benefits, obviously you aren't going to drop Lowry just to get one extra game that week or to match-up, but you can certainly drop someone like Brewer who will be inconsistent and get a big if you need more rebounds that week, or I could drop Hawes for someone more consistent and there is a good chance he'll lose playing time once Bynum returns anyways so he is a safe drop.

In our league with a small roster, there will be plenty of good nightly additions if you think about it, it's about picking the right ones w/ a low risk on the guy you are going to drop of doing too well. This also pertain to injuries, like would you drop Love for Waiters who exploded for example. Chances are no because Love will be scooped up and he'd beast the second half of the season.
post #113 of 339
Man I know I said in the end the number of games played doesn't matter but I was expecting to have 2-3 more game but Mikey has 8-9 more games than me depending on the injuries to JSmoove and SuperBrow.

And looks like I might still lose in turnovers. baldy[1].gif
post #114 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Man I know I said in the end the number of games played doesn't matter but I was expecting to have 2-3 more game but Mikey has 8-9 more games than me depending on the injuries to JSmoove and SuperBrow.
And looks like I might still lose in turnovers. baldy[1].gif

Might just survive tonight against brother NAMOR. So far R Westbrook, Lowry and Calderon are suckballs at the half. If I can get past tonight still a nose ahead, I have a good chance of winning the week.
post #115 of 339
Just found out Lou Williams injured his ankle in practice today. Wooo!
3rd player on my injured list.
post #116 of 339
Hmmmm, 2 players one spot.

Danny Green vs LAC or Jason Terry vs WAS?
post #117 of 339
i'd go with danny green
post #118 of 339
I bench Beasley because of his inconsistency and he goes beastly!
21/15/7 with 3 blks.

ffffuuuu.gif
post #119 of 339
And horrific fg%. Is Cool Easy Beas on the block?
post #120 of 339
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I bench Beasley because of his inconsistency and he goes beastly!
21/15/7 with 3 blks.
ffffuuuu.gif

same thing happened with Deandre Jordan. Swapped him last minute for Tim Duncan and Deandre went off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in