Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 636post #9526 of 156702/27/16 at 5:15pm@ohyehhh dude, thatst great you got the 17! I had a feeling the 48 would be spot on. The dots are more of matte finish cotton as opposed to the pervious season which I think was a bit more formal in silk. I personally love it especially with the raw hem..would look great with your 17 as well. I'm bummed about the knee blow outs as well and am grabbing the Jaquard lips shirt instead next week.post #9527 of 156702/27/16 at 7:23pmpost #9528 of 156702/27/16 at 7:30pmpost #9529 of 156702/27/16 at 7:48pmpost #9530 of 156702/27/16 at 8:21pmAsked many times probably but having trouble deciding on sizing for cropped Jodphurs. I'm normally a US11 in Nike/10.5 on Brannock and trying on 43-43.5 as say recommendation to size down.
43.5 has a little wiggle room and strap is on 3rd hole out of 4 while the 43 is pretty snug across toes but ok on length. For experts on here do they give much. Apologies if this is obvious question but seen so many opinions.post #9531 of 156702/27/16 at 9:21pm
Having wiggle room, especially if black calf and not suede, sound like something positive. You should probably take into consideration foot swelling during the day, if you haven't already. It gets a bit neurotic but I also like to consider proportion of the length of the boot and length height of the body. If you're comfortable with both sizes, I would pick the size that looks the best with your height.post #9532 of 156702/27/16 at 9:40pmpost #9533 of 156702/27/16 at 10:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by thorns
Having wiggle room, especially if black calf and not suede, sound like something positive. You should probably take into consideration foot swelling during the day, if you haven't already. It gets a bit neurotic but I also like to consider proportion of the length of the boot and length height of the body. If you're comfortable with both sizes, I would pick the size that looks the best with your height.
They're the suede, thanks for the advice both.
Concerned with the 43.5 that is they are a bit loose now it could get looser with wear unless I put an insole in.post #9534 of 156702/27/16 at 10:06pm
I grabbed a pair of cigar suede Jodhpur's online in a 45 - and they're too big. Looking to trade for a 44, or unload them, if anyone's interested.
And, to the post above, can confirm they run a size large. Also, they'll feel even larger if you have narrow feet/ankles due to the elongated design.
Edit: Sorry, was referring to the Cropped Jodhpur's, not the one's being discussed in the last few postspost #9535 of 156702/27/16 at 10:13pmpost #9536 of 156702/28/16 at 2:10am
I'm of the opinion that one shouldn't size down in any SLP footwear. Shoes are supposed to have some space - it's not a bad thing. I take a 45 across the board in pretty much all labels (SLP, Prorsum (UK 11), DH, etc.). US 12 in Nike and Asics running trainers, and also in Vans (which I could actually do with a half size up in, but they don't make them, and a 13 is too big). I have narrow feet, and there will usually be some slight heel slippage in shoes and boots, but that goes away as soon as the leather sole breaks in.post #9537 of 156702/28/16 at 2:54ampost #9538 of 156702/28/16 at 6:37amQuote:
I wear a different size on many SLP boots. 43 in FW13 Wyatts, 42.5 in FW15 Wyatts, 42 in SS16 Jodhpurs and Chelseas.
Wearing my nut Wyatts today:post #9539 of 156702/28/16 at 6:54ampost #9540 of 156702/28/16 at 8:25amQuote:
They fit my feet the same despite the size differences. I always get my SA to bring in a few sizes to try on and I buy what fits. Like the jeans, the fit seems to change from season to season, for me at least.
If you want, I can check the lengths between my pairs later today. I'm a true 10 (43) on the brannock scale.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK ~ THE OFFICIAL-UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE... 12 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 42 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Wallace & Barnes Knit Wool Shawl Collar Blazer 38S 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...