or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 616

post #9226 of 14959


I've also had a hard time trying to find the leathers in 44. Only see the L01 in all black hardware in that size. I tried e-mailing the boutique at King of Prussia (had business card) and got no response.

post #9227 of 14959

Do Saint Laurent boutiques not usually stock coats/jackets in 44 or even 42? I was hoping they would have a full run of sizes in most things, when I next make a pilgrimage to London:-D

post #9228 of 14959
Most stores won't carry that size in stock. You'd have to get one transferred in.
post #9229 of 14959
Question to the experts:

I preordered the 40 SS16 chelseas in tan size 41 and 41.5 so I could gauge my size, and I'm noticing 41.5 is definitely roomy, comfortable, but a little big in the instep. Size 41 fits comfortably snug, but only on my right foot is my pinky toe kind of pressing against it (slightly, but it's noticeable given how the heel makes your foot go forward).

Anyone think the 41 would eventually stretch out to be perfect? Or should I just take the 41.5 and accept the extra "stacking" material in the instep?

Example of excess material:

post #9230 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerA View Post

Do Saint Laurent boutiques not usually stock coats/jackets in 44 or even 42? I was hoping they would have a full run of sizes in most things, when I next make a pilgrimage to London:-D

Some stores may have 44s but I have never seen 42s just on the rack. Every piece I have in a 42 I had to have a store transfer it in. Asian build problems.
post #9231 of 14959

Shoes aren't supposed to be tight. If your little toe is already squeezed against the edge, then it will only be worse later in the day after wearing them for a while. Leather will of course soften and give a little, but it's always better to buy the correct size.

post #9232 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by linstar View Post


Some stores may have 44s but I have never seen 42s just on the rack. Every piece I have in a 42 I had to have a store transfer it in. Asian build problems.

Good lord, what are your measurements that you can wear a 42 jacket? I thought 44/46 was really small especially with SLP's cut. 

post #9233 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyehhh View Post

Sick outfit man - what do you find is the most 'casual' + 'versatile' of the three suede boots you have? Wyatt or Jodhpur or Chelsea?

I have the wyatts and jodhpurs already and thinking whether to either get the jodhpurs in this year's slightly darker shade. They are so easy to wear with the 30mm and look so damn good with distressed jeans. I'm tempted by the Chelsea boots but come summer time I'm not sure if I want to be always walking around in 40mm heels which feel a bit more stilted -- do you find they are more comfortable than your wyatts? Also I'm unsure whether the chelseas look odd cos of the different in colour of the gore vs the boot.

Anyway just would be interested to hear your thoughts since you have all three boots I'd potentially be matching haha.

thanks!

they are all extremely versatile and i'd say all are equally as comfortable - the chelseas are more definitely annoying to take off

i really love all 3 styles but my go to seem to be the jodhpurs since those have always been my favorite design

I wouldn't hesitate on the chelseas if you do like them since they seem to sell out quickly
post #9234 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post

Good lord, what are your measurements that you can wear a 42 jacket? I thought 44/46 was really small especially with SLP's cut. 

SLP outerwear cuts aren't especially slim except for a choice few pieces. A lot of items are oversized like the teddy jackets or duffle coats. For reference I'm 5'7 125lbs though. I'm Asian so those measurements aren't really out of the ordinary, just have a small frame.
post #9235 of 14959
Went to SLP to try on the L01. They only had a 46 in stock and it was definitely too small for me. Pretty sure I'm a 48. 5'10" 160lbs.



Also, I'm really liking this shirt.

post #9236 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by linstar View Post


SLP outerwear cuts aren't especially slim except for a choice few pieces. A lot of items are oversized like the teddy jackets or duffle coats. For reference I'm 5'7 125lbs though. I'm Asian so those measurements aren't really out of the ordinary, just have a small frame.

Yeah that's the thing, depends on the item (some are cut larger or smaller) and how you personally like things to fit i.e I like leather jackets to be pretty small if It's only going on over a t-shirt or shirt. I'd like if I'd go to a SL store to take my time and try a couple of sizes etc before dropping a lot of cash, the right size is important and puts my mind at rest that I tried a range.

post #9237 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran84 View Post
 

Shoes aren't supposed to be tight. If your little toe is already squeezed against the edge, then it will only be worse later in the day after wearing them for a while. Leather will of course soften and give a little, but it's always better to buy the correct size.


This is true. People make the mistake of buying shoes too tight thinking they're going to stretch. If your toes are hitting in the toe box you need to go up. It's the same as an inseam/sleeve shrinking due to creasing.

post #9238 of 14959

Echau I actually think that leather looks okay on you in that size as I doubt you'd ever want to zip one of those up - you'd definitely be best to try both and see which you like more though, but I wouldn't rule that one out. I usually find that the size I can zip / button without any tightness or pulling at the chest and shoulders usually looks bad open, and the size that looks good open is usually slightly too tight to button / zip because of pulling at the chest and shoulders.

post #9239 of 14959
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsides View Post
 


This is true. People make the mistake of buying shoes too tight thinking they're going to stretch. If your toes are hitting in the toe box you need to go up. It's the same as an inseam/sleeve shrinking due to creasing.

True. I bought my SL Santiags in my usual size but the front is so narrow I could barely walk at the end of the day. 

post #9240 of 14959


Another interesting wash
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.