I figured Kering would announce it before the show...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 609post #9122 of 161862/10/16 at 9:52pmpost #9123 of 161862/10/16 at 10:01pmQuote:
course they wouldn't
why isnt photos being uploaded on nowfashion or vogue???
oh crap i didn't evne know that was him, shit that photo really shows his bad slouch
Edited by needhelp123 - 2/10/16 at 11:01pmpost #9124 of 161862/10/16 at 11:33pmpost #9125 of 161862/10/16 at 11:47pm
^so good. at first I thought I would only need a sweater and outer piece since everything carries over seamlessly, but those new trousers are incredible and the footwear is amazing.. small tweaks on the silhouette, the jackets, everything, it just looks so elegant and fresh.
I wonder what Hedi's next big move is. If I recall correctly, his only other time showing up at the end was in his first runway show and the fade to white when he walked back made me think this is it.post #9126 of 161862/10/16 at 11:47pmpost #9127 of 161862/10/16 at 11:53pmpost #9128 of 161862/11/16 at 12:05ampost #9129 of 161862/11/16 at 12:09ampost #9130 of 161862/11/16 at 12:33ampost #9131 of 161862/11/16 at 12:33amfeels like a greatest hits of hedi era ysl to me, retrospective, goodbye.
maybe it's time. i can see plenty of stuff i'd want from this collection, but then i ask myself why, what's the point? i already have pretty much exactly the same thing from the last six seasons in fifteen different fabrics, colors, rips, treatments, finishes by now. it's a great collection, easily the best designer in the world, upending fashion, all the rest of the stuff we usually discuss, sure. but in the way an anthology is.
to put it another way.
hedi's walking a very fine line between rebellion and decadence with this aesthetic now. if it's just going to be new gilded age party wear for trust fund kids and celebutantes, instagram fodder for bieber and g dragon, it's the opposite of what it's inspired by, supposed to mean, etc. everybody wants to be the rock n roll star who can tell the world to fuck off, but nobody wants to be the fat aging rocker doing lines in a hot tub. so maybe it's time for hedi era ysl to stop here, it's a good place.
he did get a standing ovation tho.post #9132 of 161862/11/16 at 1:24ampost #9133 of 161862/11/16 at 1:24ampost #9134 of 161862/11/16 at 1:44amlooks like i was right:
"HEDI IS CONSOLIDATING HIS REPUTABLE SILHOUETTE WITH HINTS OF HIS GLAM FALL 2005 COLLECTION"
"WITH THE PSYCH ROCK COLLECTION HE PIONEERED AT SAINT LAURENT IN JULY 2013."
"HEDI WENT BACK TO HIS SIGNATURE STYLE PIECES AND PRINCIPLES."
whole lotta other references & pics tweetedpost #9135 of 161862/11/16 at 1:51am
@neonrider it's reassuring that some one else gets it. 'No one wants to be the aging rock star doing lines in the hot tub', exactly right. Which is why hedi should do the Real subversive thing and commit a rock and roll suicide at ysl. Not only is he anthologizing himself here, but now that his work is celebrated by the celebutantes etc. whatever he produces can barely be rebellious. Just look at the front row pictures. My god.
I suppose my point is that this stuff has absolutely been assimilated into the mainstream (boring I know). SLP no longer carries, or even signifies, the subcultural identification that it aspired to at its inception. And remember, most of the FW13 most sought after pieces all went up for sale. It's only now that people are claim that FW13 is the best and how can you even wear newer wyatts!?!? etc etc. So neon you're right. Why buy it? Hopefully hedi quits, and we can keep on wearing it. It'll become even more revered then. i.e. the sunset teddy I'm waiting on, will be marginally cool at my boring office job; laughed at at a show in dalston next month; then begged for in 5 years time. For now, should SLP continue this way, it's hard to get as excited about it all.
That said, the waistcoats and the lace up shoes are a great new addition to the SLP arsenal. And I look forward to grabbing a few pieces from the collection for sure.
@Prudy is gonna dig this. I'll probably agree with you that dressing up is more interesting than dressing down once I get my hands on the waistcoats and scarves.
Edited by therattler - 2/11/16 at 3:03am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Giorgio Armani brown leather half (cap toe) brogues in U.S. size 12 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Sid Mashburn Kincaid - Tan Windowpane - 50R (40 US) 8 minutes ago
- › WONDERFUL Vintage Banana Republic Safari Hat. FREE SHIPPING, OFFERS... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway