The caban tube coat is really nice, but I'm biased towards the AW 13 one as it's more minimal (and also because it fits me like it was tailor made for me). To compare the two in same size 48, the AW 13 one has a stronger more structured shoulder (could look boxy on someone small), a considerably smaller chest, waist, and hip (a good couple of inches at least - for reference I have 90-91 cm hips and I couldn't really go any smaller in this jacket at the hips, whereas the tube coat flared out a bit too much at the hips on me), shorter length, but bigger arm holes (they are still high, but I can wear mine with thick knitwear no problem, whereas with the tube coat it looked too tight for me with thick knitwear at the arm-holes). They re-released the same one a year later in both a blend and 100% wool, but it was a terrible fit (like something from Reiss or somewhere). Style ID for 13 version is 323890 Y964B 1000 for anybody that's interested. Highly recommended.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 586post #8777 of 149861/30/16 at 12:30pmpost #8778 of 149861/30/16 at 12:32pmpost #8779 of 149861/30/16 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prudy
One another note, the Nordstrom flagship store in Seattle started carrying limited quantities of the SLP shoes/boots and some SS16 pieces for men. Nothing I wanted, but I did get to try the new Wyatts with the wider shaft - worse than I expected. They looked silly under my FW13 D02s, sticking out terribly in front and back. When I first saw them they didn't appear to be any wider than my French 85s, which have a slightly wider shaft than, let's say, some Santiags and the first iterations of the Wyatts. Once on, however, it was very apparent. Somehow the French85s don't suffer the same fate, they look absolutely killer.
I also noticed that the French Chelsea isn't all that slim in the ankle like the original Wyatt Chelsea, but still looks perfect with skinny jeans (I have the 60 not the 85 though). Same with the Hedi 30 Chelseas that I bought recently. I think it's to do with the angle that they slope up at. If you compare the two photos you can see the new Wyatts go up to vertical and then even more, causing them to stick forward into the jeans, whereas the French slope up more gently.
New Wyatt which sticks into jeans pulling them forward:
French which have no problem, even though the ankle isn't as slim as old the old wyatt Chelsea:
Hedi 30 Chelsea:
With the new Wyatts, it's as if they've stuck a shoe that was designed to be flat on a heel which causes the whole thing to tilt up and stick forward into the jeans. Terrible design.post #8780 of 149861/30/16 at 1:02pm
Could that have something to do with the harness? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they come out with the harness boots first, and add the chelsea Wyatts after? I would think the placement of the harness would have something to do with the way the shaft was designed. Regardless, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.post #8781 of 149861/30/16 at 1:07pmpost #8782 of 149861/30/16 at 1:28pmpost #8783 of 149861/30/16 at 1:31pmpost #8784 of 149861/30/16 at 2:32pmpost #8785 of 149861/30/16 at 2:41pm
Thinking of buying a belt and have it narrowed to either the 3 peasants or the saint germain in goatskin.
Also considered the western belt. I really like it, but I'm worried about the versatility. Do you think you could wear it even if you weren't going for the western look?
Also, how's the grain de poudre 3 passant?
Edited by Isolar - 1/30/16 at 3:40pmpost #8786 of 149861/30/16 at 3:36pmpost #8787 of 149861/30/16 at 3:44pm@Prudy thanks for the info. Been wanting to check out some slp in person in Seattle and heard barney's was pretty much useless because of their small selection. Good to know there's another place to check out...
Need to try on some wyatts/hedi30 jodhpurs to see which I want next, now that I have cropped black blake30 jodhpurs.post #8788 of 149861/30/16 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nimzerz
@Prudy thanks for the info. Been wanting to check out some slp in person in Seattle and heard barney's was pretty much useless because of their small selection. Good to know there's another place to check out...
Need to try on some wyatts/hedi30 jodhpurs to see which I want next, now that I have cropped black blake30 jodhpurs.
Just stopped by Nordstrom and barneys in Seattle today. Nordstroms had the black leather wyatt's, combat boots, and visvim fbt knockoffs for shoes, and for clothes various tees, Dino sweater, destroyed black sweater, leathers, biker jeans and various d02s. The selection was pretty decent considering they only had two racks.
I loved the Dino sweater in person. Wasn't a big fan when I saw it online but it is gorgeous in person and fits me perfectly. I think a lot of this season needs to be seen in person and/or grows on you over time.post #8789 of 149861/30/16 at 5:13pm@linstarthanks for that info as well haha. Damn, looks like they have everything I need to check out there. D02, wyatts in black leather, bikers etc. Did they not have jodhpurs?
Also I seem to find that's the case with most of hedi's stuff. At first there were many things like santiags that I hated the look of but over time it grew on me and I love now.post #8790 of 149861/30/16 at 5:22pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 29 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE NOVEMBER December 2nd CORDUROY 53 seconds ago
- › What is this called? 53 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway