or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 570

post #8536 of 14960
Due to some unexpected projects I might be selling brand new pair of Hedi 30 Jodhpur in Cigar suede (size 41). Someone will get a great deal.

Just want to give heads up in our thread first. PM for details.
post #8537 of 14960
quick question for all you guys....out of all the black leather boots that SLP offers, what are your favorites?

i personally feel that black leather shoes are so plain, so i always rock my suede wyatts or chelseas. im thinking about a pair of black leather jodhpurs or side-zips to switch up styles. any input fellas?
post #8538 of 14960
Suede Wyatts, lizard-embossed Jodhpurs, coated leather Chelseas... something with some sort of detailing.
post #8539 of 14960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Suede Wyatts, lizard-embossed Jodhpurs, coated leather Chelseas... something with some sort of detailing.

coated leather sounds nice, can you elaborate further? im unfamiliar w/ that style
post #8540 of 14960
post #8541 of 14960
Quote:
Originally Posted by acekillerpc View Post
 

Hi, would like to enquire, on all wash tags of your Saint Laurent items, do your N and T join together? As I've just purchased a teddy jacket "said to be purchased on Mr Porter" but the N & T's do not join together like the few other Saint Laurent items I have... Seller keeps insisting its authentic, would like some feedback from you guys? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtagetby View Post
 


This is a fake tag unfortunately. The texture and font are off.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b19pen15 View Post
 

Font aside, that tag looks like it's made of some tightly woven material, where as real slp tags, to my knowledge, are unwoven (though they do have a grid-like pattern). They feel and look almost like paper or tyvek (they might actually be tyvek), and when they're lightly used the fiber they're made with creates an almost hairy edge.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp123 View Post
 

the 'paris' looks funny.


Thanks for the feedback guys, please send me more so I've more proof if possible! Seller has agreed for a refund, BUT I have to go thru Tradesy, which only refunds money back to my card IF it's found to be counterfeit. Annoying as the seller has already agreed to refund me in full...

post #8542 of 14960
dude. the composition of the tags changes with the seasons, old season tags look like that and are not always made of the paper-like fabric and the font was indeed slightly narrower, more condensed. so i wouldn't say it's fake, in fact that tag is for an item that was made in 2013, it looks perfectly legit to me (and yes i have tons of 2013 stuff). there are waaaayy too many people talking on the internet confident about the minutia of tags without really knowing what they're talking about.

@therattler that's a great comment. one of the ways in which the fashion insiders don't think is exactly what you just said. on the one hand they want fashion to be democratized, but on the other they sneer the second that "asians and russians" start to wear it. here you can see explicitly see the undercurrent of racism and bigotry that permeates the fashion industry. that's really what underpins the hedi hate. it's interesting because he is the one guy that HAS made high fashion actually accessible. not in a financial sense, but in the sense of we actually wear it. if it was still all old man suits and fucking loafers, would any of us give a shit? nope. so i think fashion is stupid in many ways because it hates its own future.

i laugh just like the next guy at an azn poser wearing head to toe statement pieces, sure. but the truth is at least he's TRYING. to what? to think through ideas that have little cultural reference in his world. maybe he's failing, but that's not the point. at least he's TRYING to engage with the ideas of freedom, rebellion, youth--and obviously all this stuff that we love speaks to him. but the fashion insiders who mock him are even less worthy of respect than him, because despite their obvious advantages, they don't even try to think through what those ideas mean on any level. they just roll their eyes and let their prejudices dictate their positions.

these kids--and the people they look up to (aka us, the guys that wear it in the west, make these subcultures, etc)--are the future of fashion. and in a sense, hedi is doing a great thing for freedom. he's exporting many of the subcultures that represent the apex of freedom in the west to the rest of the world, and elevating them as examples to look to. the fashion insiders don't get that they are making the world LESS free when they pretend that asians and russians aren't worthy of the same stuff a surf punk in california is. or when they say that everyone should go to a thrift store. freedom isn't me NOT being able to buy a perfect $5k leather jacket. in a very real sense, that is exactly the kind of choice that freedom is. because only in very recent history have i had the freedom to wear such a thing, afford such a thing, become interested by a thing, want such a thing. all this the fashion industry fails to get, which is precisely why it's in such steep decline (cf the exits of raf, alber, etc).

fashion insiders in a larger sense are trying to keep this sense of freedom, or rebellion, of modern "cool:, for and to themselves and people they deem worthy, but in that self-preservation is also suicide. hedi, in stark contrast, is probably the only person in the industry trying to let the rest of the world have a piece of it, teach them what it means, how it happened, where it came from--and why it matters. and that is the rest of the reason that they hate him so much.

what's REALLY going to make fashion insiders blow a gasket is when hedi goes to the only mass-production house more prestigious than ysl or dior. they're going to go nuts, whine, bitch, cry, explode. the question for us is what he is going to do with chanel. it will be even more conservative than his approach at ysl. but it will probably be even more severe and elevated.
post #8543 of 14960
^probably the biggest tell about the motivations at play in that conversation. Irony * 1000 when you get fashion folk like this talking about feminism, democracy and conservatism. Thou doth protest too much.
post #8544 of 14960
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider View Post

dude. the composition of the tags changes with the seasons, old season tags look like that and are not always made of the paper-like fabric and the font was indeed slightly narrower, more condensed. so i wouldn't say it's fake, in fact that tag is for an item that was made in 2013, it looks perfectly legit to me (and yes i have tons of 2013 stuff). there are waaaayy too many people talking on the internet confident about the minutia of tags without really knowing what they're talking about.

@therattler that's a great comment. one of the ways in which the fashion insiders don't think is exactly what you just said. on the one hand they want fashion to be democratized, but on the other they sneer the second that "asians and russians" start to wear it. here you can see explicitly see the undercurrent of racism and bigotry that permeates the fashion industry. that's really what underpins the hedi hate. it's interesting because he is the one guy that HAS made high fashion actually accessible. not in a financial sense, but in the sense of we actually wear it. if it was still all old man suits and fucking loafers, would any of us give a shit? nope. so i think fashion is stupid in many ways because it hates its own future.

i laugh just like the next guy at an azn poser wearing head to toe statement pieces, sure. but the truth is at least he's TRYING. to what? to think through ideas that have little cultural reference in his world. maybe he's failing, but that's not the point. at least he's TRYING to engage with the ideas of freedom, rebellion, youth--and obviously all this stuff that we love speaks to him. but the fashion insiders who mock him are even less worthy of respect than him, because despite their obvious advantages, they don't even try to think through what those ideas mean on any level. they just roll their eyes and let their prejudices dictate their positions.

these kids--and the people they look up to (aka us, the guys that wear it in the west, make these subcultures, etc)--are the future of fashion. and in a sense, hedi is doing a great thing for freedom. he's exporting many of the subcultures that represent the apex of freedom in the west to the rest of the world, and elevating them as examples to look to. the fashion insiders don't get that they are making the world LESS free when they pretend that asians and russians aren't worthy of the same stuff a surf punk in california is. or when they say that everyone should go to a thrift store. freedom isn't me NOT being able to buy a perfect $5k leather jacket. in a very real sense, that is exactly the kind of choice that freedom is. because only in very recent history have i had the freedom to wear such a thing, afford such a thing, become interested by a thing, want such a thing. all this the fashion industry fails to get, which is precisely why it's in such steep decline (cf the exits of raf, alber, etc).

fashion insiders in a larger sense are trying to keep this sense of freedom, or rebellion, of modern "cool:, for and to themselves and people they deem worthy, but in that self-preservation is also suicide. hedi, in stark contrast, is probably the only person in the industry trying to let the rest of the world have a piece of it, teach them what it means, how it happened, where it came from--and why it matters. and that is the rest of the reason that they hate him so much.

what's REALLY going to make fashion insiders blow a gasket is when hedi goes to the only mass-production house more prestigious than ysl or dior. they're going to go nuts, whine, bitch, cry, explode. the question for us is what he is going to do with chanel. it will be even more conservative than his approach at ysl. but it will probably be even more severe and elevated.


I do have some 2013 stuff, for all my tags the N & T connect, for the tag that I posted, they don't. What about yours?

post #8545 of 14960
dude i just told you. do you have any other indication the jacket's fake? how about the quality of the wool/leather/buttons/trims/lining? do the product codes sync up? i think the real question is why you're so paranoid that you're looking for a literally micron width difference in a tag that doesn't prove anything either way. fakes are really pretty obvious if you have any experience with the real thing.
post #8546 of 14960
Quote:
Originally Posted by acekillerpc View Post

Hi, would like to enquire, on all wash tags of your Saint Laurent items, do your N and T join together? As I've just purchased a teddy jacket "said to be purchased on Mr Porter" but the N & T's do not join together like the few other Saint Laurent items I have... Seller keeps insisting its authentic, would like some feedback from you guys? 

Here is the tag from my aw13 teddy.



To me it looks like the font on yours is a bit different and the N and T connect together differently.
post #8547 of 14960
i don't know, the fonts looking different could easily be due to the perspective of the pics. i'd be more worried about the tag stitching, the stitching in varsities is usually like the latter pic. but really you should post pics OF the jacket, this is retarded.
post #8548 of 14960

Your tag vs a real tag...

 

Note the off kerning of the ".C OM". Also, I insist that whatever fabric they used on the tag is completely off. 

 

The problem with only showing us the jacket, neonrider, is that you can't just go off the quality of the jacket or "knowing" that it's fake. When you're proving that it's a fake to paypal, ebay, or tradesy, you have to prove that it's fake beyond doubt, and you do that by using details such as the font used on the tag, and other minute inaccuracies.


Edited by b19pen15 - 1/25/16 at 11:40am
post #8549 of 14960
the two pics are taken at opposite vertical angles, i'd bet the kerning looks similar when they're not. just some friendly advice, by all means keep agonizing.
post #8550 of 14960
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider View Post

the two pics are taken at opposite vertical angles, i'd bet the kerning looks similar when they're not. just some friendly advice, by all means keep agonizing.

 

Did you even look at the pictures he just posted?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.