Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 567post #8491 of 144201/23/16 at 12:42pmpost #8492 of 144201/23/16 at 12:48pmman if you guys are this hair-splittingly pedantic in real life i feel relieved for the girlfriends you don't have.
prudy that video was hilarious lol. wtf. goes back to my point about fashion insiders never reading a fucking book in their lives. no wonder there are no ideas left in this industry.post #8493 of 144201/23/16 at 1:38pmWhat's with the product shots on the official site sometimes not matching what you get from retailers? I recently got an item that could pass as a cheap copy compared to what I can only assume are photos of the sample.
I know this is nothing new but how could they not have fixed it, or maybe it's calculated. Not a good look for the brand either way and don't see how Hedi could be ok with it.post #8494 of 144201/23/16 at 2:36pmpost #8495 of 144201/23/16 at 3:03pmyou know prudy what else is hilarious about that video is a bunch of white british fashion victims suggesting that hedi's out of touch, notably the ridiculous girl in all white with chains, black lipstick, and goth ninja boots who goes on and on about hedi not being political enough, that it's just rip-offs, etc. these people don't understand the meaning of the word "politics", which isn't just wearing silly pins with angry slogans on them (like said girl), but the idea of values that elevate us in some lasting and significant way. it is obvious what those values are to hedi, and in fact he's probably one of the only designers around WITH such values, which is why those of us who share those values (freedom, rebellion, etc) love this stuff to death, it speaks to us.
meanwhile they seem to be ignorant of the fact that jw anderson, craig green and the rest of the trendy but artless london designers while offering "novelty" don't have anything meaningful in that larger sense to say, much less anything compelling to offer aesthetically, which is probably why they are complete commercial and critical failures in the larger world.
they're right in one sense, though. slimane doesn't give a shit about this superficial brain-dead world and it's not too hard to see why.
it's a perfect demonstration of why london is probably the worst big city in the world for fashion right now, no wonder hedi fell so out of love with it.post #8496 of 144201/23/16 at 3:32pm
@neonrider it's mind-numbing, isn't it?
The part where they start complaining about his treatment of women is one of the biggest WTF moments for me. They explicitly call Hedi a misogynist, but they completely misunderstand who the women he works with represent and who they are. The moment where they refer to them as 'groupies' for male indie rockers and then go on to dig into each other for their past indiscretions with musicians is incredibly classic - the fact that they slut-shame the models and then themselves is so accidentally poetic, lol. Great moment in Feminism.
That person, I think Reba is her name - the woman in white, has absolutely no self awareness to the point of pity.post #8497 of 144201/23/16 at 3:57pmpost #8498 of 144201/23/16 at 5:21pmpost #8499 of 144201/23/16 at 6:28pmpost #8500 of 144201/23/16 at 6:51pmQuote:
I seen them before, this group of people don't know shit about anything, they are a fucking joke and should hang themselves.post #8501 of 144201/23/16 at 7:51pmpost #8502 of 144201/23/16 at 11:27pmQuote:
Agreed. I'm reminded of something Karl Lagerfeld said when Hedi left Dior Homme, I'm a follower of designers, not brands (might be paraphrasing).post #8503 of 144201/24/16 at 12:25am
One thing that i've heard which would be unfortunate is that he had planned to leave LA in general which was another deciding factor in going wherever it is he is going. While I doubt he's dumping the rock aesthetic, most of the people that are close to him or have been hired by him to represent the brand have been completely shut out of his circle for a while now and have no idea what his plans are. A bit of a shame, but I guess it's not much different from how quickly he has changed from scenes, aesthetics and muse's with Dior Homme.post #8504 of 144201/24/16 at 2:38am
It will be interesting to see what happens. I'm kind of disappointed for selfish reasons, as I'm not finished buying the things I want, and what he's done at Saint Laurent is exactly the type of clothes I like to wear. I'm quite surprised with him having just re-launched couture and seemingly having as much freedom as possible.
What do people think of the future for Saint Laurent presuming he goes? If the brand is smart then they will keep producing all of the classic basics designed under Hedi (I'd happily continue buying this kind of thing at least, as long as it's not changed for the worse). I would presume most talented designers wouldn't be too happy to try to follow in his footsteps, and would want to put their own stamp on things. If that's the case, then if they're smart then they'd open some kind of access to order from his archive as a separate line, or at least bring back a selection of pieces from it each season.
It will also be interested to see what he does at whichever house he moves to (I presume Dior). Will it be more of the same? Either way with more options for us as consumers it can only be a good thing, assuming price points aren't too astronomical.post #8505 of 144201/24/16 at 2:47am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › TopCoat Porn 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...