anyone have the leather hunting backpack? Thoughts? I have never handled one in person.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 550post #8237 of 162441/13/16 at 1:39pmpost #8238 of 162441/13/16 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by neonrider
replacing slimane with...vaccarello? lol, that's a wtf on the order of electing trump. vaccarello makes tacky clothes for trophy wives and sad guys with mid-life crises to pretend they're having sex precisely because they're not.
i don't buy the rumors, kering's not dumb enough to lose the director of it's fastest growing brand. remember when raf and wang and alber left it was precisely because the brands they were directing were not growing (largely because sl was, thanks to slimane). so i think all this is just the fashion press trying to generate clicks.
that said, i don't think it's a big deal if hedi leaves. karl's already anointed him to inherit the empire, so.
as for shirts, most now come in several cuts, the key thing is to be aware which cut you're getting (skinny/regular/loose). if you have to ask how t-shirts fit, for christ's sake, just look at some fit pics.
he will NEVER be at chanel, karl doesn't take any business decisions as chanel doesn't belong to himpost #8239 of 162441/13/16 at 1:56pmpost #8240 of 162441/13/16 at 2:07pmpost #8241 of 162441/13/16 at 2:10pmI don't know, it really doesn't make sense to me.. especially after they pushed back the original date of the show and cancelled the booking of the original venue, specifically to celebrate the LA music industry and the anniversary of Hedi's fashion diary.. I mean, why would Hedi initiate that, or the higher-ups agree to that, if he was just going to leave the brand anyway?
I'd also be surprised if Kering didn't understand that the brand has done so well specifically because Slimane is there. and wasn't there just official confirmation a couple weeks ago that he was in fact staying? also, if I remember correctly, Hedi's return to SL was pretty conditional and beneficial to both parties, not simply because he was "asked to."
but maybe I'm just naive just doesn't really make sense to me. I suppose we shall see, either way.
Edited by nicksh - 1/13/16 at 3:19pmpost #8242 of 162441/13/16 at 2:25pmpost #8243 of 162441/13/16 at 2:50pmthere's something really strange going on here. on the one hand, slimane has the freedom to move shows to la, do them at the palladium, i.e. almost total creative freedom to a degree almost no one has or has had, etc, which a designer on the outs would not. on the other, someone is constantly leaking "rumors" that he's leaving, telling low-level people within the industry the same, and the erstwhile reputable fashion press jumps on them. i wonder who it is, why they're doing it, and what the deal is. none of this adds up.post #8244 of 162441/13/16 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by neonrider
there's something really strange going on here. on the one hand, slimane has the freedom to move shows to la, do them at the palladium, i.e. almost total creative freedom to a degree almost no one has or has had, etc, which a designer on the outs would not. on the other, someone is constantly leaking "rumors" that he's leaving, telling low-level people within the industry the same, and the erstwhile reputable fashion press jumps on them. i wonder who it is, why they're doing it, and what the deal is. none of this adds up.
Strange indeed. The house has denied rumors.. they could have just flat out not commented at first, but they did and now they don't comment. It could be a competing brand, or it could even be a strategic move by Hedi himself or someone in his camp doing this to prove to his executives just how much power and influence he has.
And as has been mentioned by Rattler and others regarding the toll it takes going back and forth between LA and Paris, perhaps one of Hedi's conditions is to stay in LA indefinitely. Showing the Mens show and a sliver of Womens here in LA on their own terms might be a way for him to prove that they don't need Paris.post #8245 of 162441/13/16 at 3:15pmpost #8246 of 162441/13/16 at 3:36pmpost #8247 of 162441/13/16 at 3:37pmpost #8248 of 162441/13/16 at 3:43pmpost #8249 of 162441/13/16 at 3:53pm
Kris is a dickhead, his clothes sucks, he fked Dior.
I thought Raf increased sales at Dior? I felt his initial collections were good but the last 2-3 were pretty week imo, I loved his debut one of my most favourite so beautiful.
Big shoes to fill after John Galliano though, that guy is a master and i'm glad he is back now in Margiela.
I thought Hedi maybe present Haute Couture, guess not :(, but then again Haute Couture MUST be present in Paris so I guess I was ignorant to think that.
Tisci at Givenchy also said he is starting Haute Couture again.post #8250 of 162441/13/16 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Illithid Dude
all i'm saying is i've heard some rumors from some well placed sources about him leaving long before the first news story broke, and those sources also told me where he's gonna go next. you guys won't be disappointed, unless you REALLY loved biker jeans and gross high tops.
Balmain? Damn man tonight i'm gonna have nightmares..
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway