Hi - I'd recommend calling the midtown Manhattan store and ask for Donald in menswear. He's super cool, very low key, knows his stuff, and has no problem shipping things on consignment etc once you have a relationship.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 536post #8026 of 155571/3/16 at 6:36pmpost #8027 of 155571/3/16 at 6:55pmpost #8028 of 155571/3/16 at 8:01pmpost #8029 of 155571/4/16 at 12:42ampost #8030 of 155571/4/16 at 2:30ampost #8031 of 155571/4/16 at 3:57am
Does anyone know if FW13 'Little Crash' denim in 100% cotton follows the same sizing advice as the FW13 black stained effect and FW13 black over dyed/distressed (both in a 98% cotton, 2% poly blend).
I've got waist and hem sizing info and it would seem it does follow but I'm trying to ascertain whether I can expect the same super skinny (I hope so) from the 100% cotton crashes as with my black jeans.post #8032 of 155571/4/16 at 4:04am
And btw @kieran84 thanks for your insightful/detailed views as always - that's a shame about the silk shirts - I wonder if the change was only for FW15 (where everything looked a bit smarter to go with the Parisian theme) and hopefully the looser neckline would return... was considering picking up an ivory one in the summer if the fit was good.
BTW, I know it's a far cry from SLP but Pull & Bear do a really nice basic t-shirt here:
I've got it in the creme colour and alos the black - its cheap cotton but it drapes alright, the back hem is slightly longer (only slightly, not verging into streetwear territory) and the hems are slightly rolled for a lived in look. The neckline is also nice and relaxed.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for 'basic' t-shirts that pair well with destroyed jeans+boots+L01/L17 combo?post #8033 of 155571/4/16 at 4:17ampost #8034 of 155571/4/16 at 4:24amQuote:Originally Posted by kieran84
I would need a 40 in Prorsum shirts, and in Saint Laurent I take 40 in shirts (although the older cuts are quite big and would require a lot of tailoring, whereas the new slimmer cut ones are quite slim), 50 in blazers, 48 in coats (some are too small, but a 50 is far too big for me), and L in knitwear and t-shirts. YSL.com has a weird size guide for knitwear and t-shirts with an L equating to a 44 inch chest suit - this isn't accurate at all.
Thanks, I will take it into consideration when I decide to buy an upper piece. Once again, thanks!post #8035 of 155571/4/16 at 7:50ampost #8036 of 155571/4/16 at 8:01ampost #8037 of 155571/4/16 at 8:07ampost #8038 of 155571/4/16 at 11:03ampost #8039 of 155571/4/16 at 11:27am
ohyehhh, it's possible that the change was only for AW 15, as it happened on the blood luster and the basic pocket t-shirt for that season. I think it's probably changed for good though. On t-shirts, some Levis vintage aren't bad as they're similar to the 50s look of the silk t-shirts and old AW 13 pocket t-shirts.
Lots of new stuff just been added to the YSL website. I'm not sure if maybe some things have been available on other countries versions for a while as many have really limited sizes.
After saying I wasn't going to get the trainers, now that they've stocked the low top surf trainers with camo laces, I'm seriously tempted. Just trying to decide between those and the leopard mid tops and then I think I'll get one.
I have almost no opportunity to wear flip flops, but if I did then the studded palm tree ones are really cool for a bit of fun.
Western jodhpur is a bit lazy. Would have preferred a duckies reissue.
I like the new studded trapeze belt in brown. Not sure how to make it work though.
Also those bleached jeans are wild! Not my kind of thing though.post #8040 of 155571/4/16 at 12:40pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Suits by Jantzen 3 minutes ago
- › HK Trip purchases - opinions please 3 minutes ago
- › So I placed my first Jantzen order in November... 4 minutes ago
- › Anything I'm missing on Jantzen shirts? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...