Is this a SS 16 piece or the regular smoking jacket?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 498post #7457 of 1625911/21/15 at 4:56amQuote:Originally Posted by BruceWayne91
Is this a SS 16 piece or the regular smoking jacket?
Looks like a regular one, many stockists had it during this year and the past ones.post #7458 of 1625911/21/15 at 12:04pmpost #7459 of 1625911/21/15 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
There are some contemporary minded Savile Row tailors that are targeting a demographic of guys that are into SLP etc. rather than the old British/Italian aesthetic. E.g. Kilgour:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kilgour house style is absolutely not that though, I assume it is some rtw work or a special project/demo of their capabilities. Their house style is much cooler IMHO...post #7460 of 1625911/21/15 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by scanner
Did someone just compare SLP to Aston Martin?
Last I checked, they don't sell Aston Martin's in mega-malls. SLP is about as limited as Mercedes Benz. I can't tell you how many times I see people wearing Wyatt's and L01 or L17 and a flannel every single day. SLP is easily the new Louis Vuitton. As much as I like Hedi's designs and SLP, there is nothing unique about SLP and very little design actually going through. Even comparing SLP to Apple is a bit of a stretch. Most of the jackets don't even have pockets to put your hands in (I realize this may be a 'design' choice).
SLP might not be overpriced when you compare to an artisan designer or whatever current hyped brand is out at the moment, i.e. Yeezy, Off-White, etc. It might even seem like a bargain when you compare to Dior or Balmain, however the last two are of much higher quality and really do contain more design and functionality so that's maybe an unfair comparison (and I don't like any of the brands mentioned FYI).
The reality is that SLP is Fast Fashion now. It may not be H&M or Zara, but it's pretty damn close.
This is not the same as saying Rick Owens is fast fashion because All Saints and Zara are putting out his designs because when you compare, you can instantly feel the difference.
First few seasons aside, SLP does feel the same as any of the other major high street brands now. I'm not trying to shit on SLP either, I've easily spent around $25k on rodeo this year alone, but you are really just paying for the leather tag and silver chain. And if you think the brand quality has gone down lately, just wait until the couture stuff starts appearing and all the design and material investment goes into that.
BTW, COS jeans, T-shirts and outerwear are made in the same factory as SLP MII and Portugal. Most SLP production is now in Portugal but they still get away with putting made in italy because of the hand stitched leather tag and chain.
Doubt it, Italy is one of the only country enforcing it's "made in" label (part of the four Fs strategy) and they require 100% of the work to be made there, unlike other countries where the % is ususally much lower and enforcing is less relevant (made in Italy has as much brand capital as some major brands).
Anyone that thinks SLP 5K relatively pedestrian leather jackets are priced ok is deluded. Doesn't mean it is not ok paying it if you want it but c'mon. For the record I like many of the leathers but they aren't that divergent in cut, mateiral or construction.post #7461 of 1625911/21/15 at 5:15pmpost #7462 of 1625911/21/15 at 7:59pmpost #7463 of 1625911/21/15 at 10:02pm
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the SLP Hunting messenger bag. Where I live there's a exclusive members only sale coming up at 20% this Tuesday and I'm wondering if I should snap it up. I am looking for a light nylon bag but the store is notorious for putting classic items in the even bigger Christmas sale and SLP tends to be around 60% off in that. Is it a mediocre bag or a steal at 20% off and would regret it otherwise. Could it fit a 15" MBP? From Online it just looks like they have the black only version but I will try for the Navy blue? My only concern with that is that the navy looks like it'd rub off and leave colour transfer on black jeans etc.
Basically is it a definitely worth the full price bag grab that MOFO at 20% off or risk it and see if it makes it to the XMas sale.
Thoughts, opinions? I sort have had been looking for a light weight bag so... I'm torn. #firstworldproblems
Edited by IrishFashion - 11/21/15 at 10:27pmpost #7464 of 1625911/21/15 at 10:58pmQuote:
Could you elaborate? I based my post on some articles from last year about Carlo Brandelli returning as creative director of Kilgour (e.g. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/923dc9b0-633b-11e3-a87d-00144feabdc0.html ).
Pics of Brandelli:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #7465 of 1625911/21/15 at 11:34pmpost #7466 of 1625911/22/15 at 5:51ampost #7467 of 1625911/22/15 at 6:00ampost #7468 of 1625911/22/15 at 2:55pmpost #7469 of 1625911/22/15 at 3:20pmQuote:
I could proxy them for you if the italian ysl site has them. Let me know through PM, already done this for many american and canadian people!post #7470 of 1625911/22/15 at 5:57pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 22 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 26 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...