or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 488

post #7306 of 15047

Hard words to type, but I have to say that I'm overall disappointed with the coated D02s after a few months' wear. I've not washed them yet, but have had them dry cleaned with no noticeable difference. I really didn't expect the knees to expand so much. I ended up hemming the jeans as the material stretched there as well, causing the stacks to go farther down my Hedi 30s than I wished.

 

This was my first time with D02s so I'm glad to see that this isn't a consistent feature. I may return to them in future seasons. But for now, if you are looking specifically for an ultra-minimalist pair of black jeans with a super skinny cut (the main reason I turned to SLP), I recommend the Rag & Bone Fit 0 jeans. I've washed them without any change; they haven't bagged out or stretched as absurdly, and the leg opening is distinctly smaller than the D02s--I find they actually pair better with the Hedi 30s than the D02s. Really wish I had a pair of 40mm boots to pair it with. I'm getting the 30s Topy'd at B. Nelson, but will post a photo of the pairing when I have them back. 

post #7307 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by slann01 View Post

The fw15 one has the big shaft and the added seam in the leather, i would really avoid it.


Do you have pics to show examples of the difference between 13/14 to 15 Which ones did you do the review on?
post #7308 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post
 

Hard words to type, but I have to say that I'm overall disappointed with the coated D02s after a few months' wear. I've not washed them yet, but have had them dry cleaned with no noticeable difference. I really didn't expect the knees to expand so much. I ended up hemming the jeans as the material stretched there as well, causing the stacks to go farther down my Hedi 30s than I wished.

 

This was my first time with D02s so I'm glad to see that this isn't a consistent feature. I may return to them in future seasons. But for now, if you are looking specifically for an ultra-minimalist pair of black jeans with a super skinny cut (the main reason I turned to SLP), I recommend the Rag & Bone Fit 0 jeans. I've washed them without any change; they haven't bagged out or stretched as absurdly, and the leg opening is distinctly smaller than the D02s--I find they actually pair better with the Hedi 30s than the D02s. Really wish I had a pair of 40mm boots to pair it with. I'm getting the 30s Topy'd at B. Nelson, but will post a photo of the pairing when I have them back. 

 

I stick to mainly FW13-SS14 denim for this reason. It's a super skinny cut and doesn't stretch. I have two pair of FW15 denim and they're both 2 size big and i had tailor it to get the same cut.  

post #7309 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcking View Post

I stick to mainly FW13-SS14 denim for this reason. It's a super skinny cut and doesn't stretch. I have two pair of FW15 denim and they're both 2 size big and i had tailor it to get the same cut.  
right there with you buddy. Fw13/14 had the best super skinny cuts. Idk, it's a shame that has changed
post #7310 of 15047

As I've posted before if you size down one from your AW 13 raw D02 size then the mid waist are good. Not quite as skinny but very close. SS 14 were pretty loose compared to AW 13. The mid waist are the first jeans I've been able to buy since AW 13 (I actually bought both SS 14 and AW 14 raw but never ended up wearing either, and just sold them as they were a bit big). I only buy plain black raw or indigo though so I don't know about washes etc.

post #7311 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slpbaby808 View Post

Do you have pics to show examples of the difference between 13/14 to 15 Which ones did you do the review on?

I'm on mobile at the moment so i can't put comparison pics, but the ones on lvr and ssense if i remember correctly are the fw15 version. My pair is the 14 version, with the same construction of the 13 except for the smaller zipper.
post #7312 of 15047
http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/saint-laurent-distressed-slim-jeans-item-11222393.aspx?storeid=9214&ffref=lp_pic_24_10_

Looks like the light wash destroyed already out
Edited by Jbidwal - 11/9/15 at 8:11pm
post #7313 of 15047
Kudos to whomever styled that photo for making them look as unflattering as humanly possible dozingoff.gif
post #7314 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Kudos to whomever styled that photo for making them look as unflattering as humanly possible dozingoff.gif

Lol it's always the case. They never size down.
post #7315 of 15047

they never fail to manage to make 15s look like 19 straight cuts, how do they even do that.

post #7316 of 15047

Christ,they look so bad.They should probably size down at least two/three sizes.

post #7317 of 15047

Haven't posted much [or maybe at all] on this thread before, but appreciate all that goes on here!

 

Wanted to ask 2 things: 

 

1) The quality of the suede on the cropped Jodhpurs - how is it? When I look online, many of the used pairs look a bit frazzled - what has the experience been like for folks in terms of durability?

2) I've found them particularly difficult to hunt down at a reasonable price in my size [44/45, ideally in cigar suede, but also black leather] - anyone here trying to offload theirs?

post #7318 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmoses View Post

Haven't posted much [or maybe at all] on this thread before, but appreciate all that goes on here!

Wanted to ask 2 things: 

1) The quality of the suede on the cropped Jodhpurs - how is it? When I look online, many of the used pairs look a bit frazzled - what has the experience been like for folks in terms of durability?
2) I've found them particularly difficult to hunt down at a reasonable price in my size [44/45, ideally in cigar suede, but also black leather] - anyone here trying to offload theirs?

Can't exactly comment on suede jodhpurs, but i have Black leather ones and They are the sturdiest motherfuckers i ever had, surpassed only by a pair of combat boots that my dad gifted me, in terms of durability. Never had any problem either with the other SLP boots that i have in suede. Also keep in mind that since suede is easier to dirt, they might have a beaten up look but still going strong. Cheers!
post #7319 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmoses View Post

Haven't posted much [or maybe at all] on this thread before, but appreciate all that goes on here!



Wanted to ask 2 things: 

1) The quality of the suede on the cropped Jodhpurs - how is it? When I look online, many of the used pairs look a bit frazzled - what has the experience been like for folks in terms of durability?
2) I've found them particularly difficult to hunt down at a reasonable price in my size [44/45, ideally in cigar suede, but also black leather] - anyone here trying to offload theirs?


Also so you know the Suede run a bit big. You can .5 to 1 size whole down. I sized down 1 whole size.
post #7320 of 15047
Quote:
Originally Posted by slann01 View Post

I'm on mobile at the moment so i can't put comparison pics, but the ones on lvr and ssense if i remember correctly are the fw15 version. My pair is the 14 version, with the same construction of the 13 except for the smaller zipper.

You're speaking of the Wyatt chained harness? Right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.