Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 464post #6947 of 1502010/12/15 at 10:24amHi guys, I got a deal on this jacket so I was just wondering if anyone have experience with their fit and quality? It will cost me around 600 shipped, is it a good price for the piece?
http://www.ysl.com/ca/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-casual-jackets-teddy-motorcycle-jacket-in-black-virgin-wool-and-leather_cod40118499oo.htmlpost #6948 of 1502010/12/15 at 11:02ampost #6949 of 1502010/12/15 at 11:51am
hey guys....quick question...daily visitor, but hardly post on here....
I wear a size 28 in the D02 from 2013 and 2014 as the cut is very similar, however, the 2015 size 28, especially the Blue Trash Denim as well as the Black Trash Denim I feel are a bit more looser, in all aspects from top to bottom....
my question is, do i size down to 27 (not sure if I can fit into a 27) after i sell my 28's? or do i shrink them? if shrink....HOW do i shrink them without the quality going bad?
any and all help would be most appreciated :)
PS: if anyone is interested in the size 28 F/W Trash Denim, let me know, i have the black and blue, worn 5 times at most for each one.post #6950 of 1502010/12/15 at 12:18pm
I think the Teddy Moto Jacket retailed for something like $1800 so $600 used isn't really that surprising. Farfetch and other shops were blowing them out for like $800-$1200. Not a bad jacket at all if you don't mind that style, but they weren't very popular for a reason. Also the maintenance is a pain in the ass. Dry Clean only but you'll have to cover the leather parts and take those to a specialist to clean.post #6951 of 1502010/12/15 at 5:24pmpost #6952 of 1502010/12/15 at 6:52pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. Isn't Dior Homme and SLP supposed to be on the same level in term of prestige and quality? The prices aren't that noticeably different.Quote:Originally Posted by scanner
I think the Teddy Moto Jacket retailed for something like $1800 so $600 used isn't really that surprising. Farfetch and other shops were blowing them out for like $800-$1200. Not a bad jacket at all if you don't mind that style, but they weren't very popular for a reason. Also the maintenance is a pain in the ass. Dry Clean only but you'll have to cover the leather parts and take those to a specialist to clean.
It is brand new with tag. I was planning to wear it for a season or two then flip it on eBay, expecting the price will not be much lower due to what I saw of used SLP biker jacket sold for. However, since it is not that popular, as you mentioned, along with the fact that it is not easy to take care, maybe I should just change my mind and lurk around for the full leather one.post #6953 of 1502010/12/15 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by kieran84
My French 60 mm Chelseas in cracked shiny leather arrived yesterday. Just tried them this morning and they are awesome. After I took them off and went back to my cropped jodhpurs, I felt strange without the heel. Definitely something I'd wear more for nights out than day to day though, but very sleek. Very happy. Only annoying thing is I'm having to buy another pair of mid waist because they need a different length hem than the French 45 mm.
Damn they look awesome! Is it possible for you to take a few pictures when worn? I am really considering grabbing a pair of these when I go overseas at the end of the year but would like a better picture of how they look when worn with pants and what not. Would really appreciate it!
Thankspost #6954 of 1502010/13/15 at 12:41ampost #6955 of 1502010/13/15 at 8:12ampost #6956 of 1502010/13/15 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by backtaro
Thanks for the input. Isn't Dior Homme and SLP supposed to be on the same level in term of prestige and quality? The prices aren't that noticeably different.
It is brand new with tag. I was planning to wear it for a season or two then flip it on eBay, expecting the price will not be much lower due to what I saw of used SLP biker jacket sold for. However, since it is not that popular, as you mentioned, along with the fact that it is not easy to take care, maybe I should just change my mind and lurk around for the full leather one.
I like the full leather ones best.
SLP is trying to get to DH's level of quality, but there is a significant difference. DH is trying to be more exclusive, so only sell out of their boutiques now, almost no online presence and there are no sales on DH. A few other things I've noted, DH has fully canvassed suits, SLP's are half canvassed. DH's peacoats are 100% cashmere and $3900, SLP's are wool or a blend and are $1900-ish.
That said, they're definitely different looks now, as SLP is obviously exploring the young, rocker aesthetic with slim lines but maybe more of some boxy, cubist looks whereas DH is still svelte and focused on tailoring or in its more casual iterations the colors of Miami (I don't know why).post #6957 of 1502010/13/15 at 9:04ampost #6958 of 1502010/13/15 at 9:05ampost #6959 of 1502010/13/15 at 3:13pmpost #6960 of 1502010/13/15 at 3:21pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NEW George Cleverley "Alan" Brogued Wholecut in Black Calf, UK... 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...