Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 38
Styleforum Top Picks
yes, good point. i was hoping to try on the chain harness side zips, but they didn't have my size. the SA was very helpful though and i barely squeezed into a boot that was a half size down. he tracked down the last two pairs in my size at the NYC store, but i wasn't ready to drop full retail on them (he offered either to ship to store or i could order over the phone and have them shipped to my apt). $1275 is pretty steep for a calf though and i'd rather drop that much on a cordovan boot. i missed their black friday sale as i was out of town visiting family.
the slp store in union square is nice. white marble everywhere, very modern and minimal. i saw maybe 5 SAs and i was one of the two shoppers in the store. lol
i'm loving the 15.5cm cut though. wore my coated blacks yesterday and they fit better than my skull 5010 and samurai s003. it's kind of odd that the top block is so loose though. on tagged 28, the waist measures 29.5. i'm afraid to size down as the thigh/calf would probably be too tight.
15.5cm raws on the way from ssense.
I found that they fit TTS. That said, I'm only 5'6", so always need some tailoring, and the smallest I've ever seen is 15 for SLP. I like a 14.5.
I don't think they're around anymore, at least the one or two I saw in the NYC boutique were like size 18 or something huge.
Hey Guys figured I'd chime in with my experience with a pair of SLP denim i recently purchased.
99% Cotton 1% Elastane
I ordered them on matchesfashion.com and I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Based on the model number they are considered skinny but they don't fit like it what so ever.
I wear a size 36. 6'2'' 230lbs. I would consider my build semi-athletic with defined calves.
When i first put these jeans on they were pretty tight but by day 2 they loosened up quite a bit due to the elastane element in them. they are way more comfortable now that I've pretty much broken them in after i took my dog to the park, he snapped the leash and i had to chase him down in them LMAO after that incident they fit more on the slim side.
i took some measurements. inseam:34.5" Hem: 7"/18cm based on how they fit i wouldn't even consider getting a pair of 17.5 or 19cm SLP denim in either 100% cotton raws or the ones with polyurethane mixed in. because the hems would be way too baggy in my size. my skinnys carry the same hem as the straight leg model and i am pleased it worked out that way.
the waist is accurate with enough room in the thighs and seat that they don't look like I'm wearing girl jeans and i can grip the denim with my thumb and index ( a test i do to ensure if the denim is too tight in the thigh and for purposes of range of motion) . the ankles stack nicely and pull away from skin after it rounds out the calves. don't let the bony models on ssense and other sites fool you. no matter what style you get skinny, slim, or straight the denim is cut very narrow it just depends on the type of hem you choose to go with that makes all the difference in the look you want to achieve.
I compared them with a pair of DH MIJ raws 19cm i own (slimane era) and these SLP's in my opinion are much better to ME because the ankle stacking in the DH were too baggy for my size even when i ended up sizing down to a 34 instead of my TTS 36.
The SLP denim in general are made for a streamlined appearance and i knew this before buying them just based on looking at how they fit the models on these sites. once your size is over a 32 your measurements start to cross over to the next hem. so in my case the skinnys which were a 16cm style ended up being 18cm (17.5) in a size 36. which made me not even want to go with a 19cm style because they'll just double up in the hem and be too loose in the places i don't want hence not even looking like the intended style of the denim. i have worn them with high top sneakers tongues in or out and they swag so nicely. but low tops are ideal for me when i rock these because that stacking looks so clean compared to my DH because its so much less bulky fabric around the ankles
hope this kind of helped. i attached a fit pic with the denim i just reviewed.
I don't know how you guys wear your jeans but all the SLP denims fit very true to size. sizing up or down will set you up for discomfort, ill fits, and returns/exchanges especially if they have elastane / polyeurathane blends.
Unless you're buying a pair of 19cm SLP expect tightness in the legs from the knees down with minimal stretch in those areas. waist and thighs fit fine after a couple wears.
On the other hand I just picked up a pair of 100% Cotton MIJ SLP 19cm Raw Denim on Mr.Porter during the black friday sale. very pleased with my purchase! They fit exactly like my MIJ DH Raws but sits just a little bit higher on the hips. Went true to size. They're still stiff ofcourse and they will stretch out once i start wearing them hard.
Long Inseams, ankle stacking, button fly, subtle details. very nice. will post fit pics soon.
Thank you and everyone else for their input and help. I recently purchased the 15.5 black stretch denim from Ssense in a 34. I have a little room in the waist area and they gently hug my against my thighs so I look forward to breaking them in with more wear. Y'all weren't kidding about the fit from the knee down. But them stacks tho...I'm 5'7" so I may consider hemming them just a little, but we'll see. I may actually look into buying a pair of raws in the future so I assume you go TTS as well for the 100% cotton or size up? Thank you all again for the help!
Oh, and they were 98% cotton / 2% polyurethane D02 M/SK-LW
Why not dry clean unless you got raws and want fades.
Very Pleased! Fits exactly like my DH MIJ pair except you go TTS on these SLP Raws. I've been putting some wears on these to get the thighs and waist loosened up. its only been a month and they fit slightly better but I have high hopes within 3months with constant wear they'll be perfect. I work in a business casual setting so these only see daylight on Fridays and weekends lol.
Fit question regarding the SLP jeans. I got some MIJ 98% cotton 2% stretch raw jeans 17.5cm recently. I love the minimal design of them, but I'm wondering if anyone has worn in a pair of these jeans and found them to stretch a lot? The pair I'm wearing are a 30. The thighs are snug, everything is perfect except the waist is a little big. If the waist won't stretch out, they should be fine, but I'm worried that they will get too big. The 29's were really, really tight, so they are a no go. Here are some fit pics. My experience in raw Diors is that they did not stretch out as much as other raw jeans, like APC.
If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 seconds ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST INUttar... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST IN Uttar... 5 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST IN... 6 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST IN West... 8 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST IN West... 9 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST IN West... 10 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] P R O B L E M +919799138999 VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST IN Gujarat 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...