Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 4post #47 of 1360410/19/12 at 3:30pm
^ agreed. it feels so incomplete imo. someone on sufu said it was like he took a bunch of shitty filler from old dior collections and tweaked it a bit. there's nothing that stands out - no mohair capes, napolean jackets, gold boots, blood spatter shirts, etc etc etc. i know that stuff has been hyped to death so people are sick of them, but there was a reason for that.post #48 of 1360410/21/12 at 7:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Maybe it's just but I wonder sometimes if they don't mark some things "sold out" on purpose to give the appearance of hype/demand. Obviously, I have no idea, but I can't really see how, where, or why people buy $12k items online. Folks in the market for that go to the boutiques, where they have established relationships with the sales associates. Kids with $$$ in the rural provinces who want "ZOMG YSL" buy logo-besmirched tshirts online... but not couture or $12k items.
p.s. love the Thiebaud!
p.p.s. as for "ysl customers in the 40's-90's", honestly I don't think there are any. Those who were have long since moved on, or gone to bespoke. Since YSl himself shut down the couture line, and Gucci Group bought the brand, the old guard customers stopped paying attention. TF introduced YSl to an entirely new audience, cultivated further by Pilati. Hedi's job is to keep them interested before their short attention spans move on to whatever else there is out there (and there's a LOT out there); hype and provenance will get you one, maybe two seasons... but beyond that, he'll have to do something else or people aren't going to hang around.
I agree, it's hyped up.
I love it too. I also like this one from him
I think Gucci Group is like Honey Boo Boo, money makes them holla. It's a disadvantage if they don't capitalize with the 40s to 90s considering YSL produces a diverse cache of products.post #49 of 1360412/23/12 at 10:46amI thought I would bump this thread just to check to see if anyone has spotted any of the men's stuff in the wild. There are a couple items I'm interested in, but I'm not keen on buying anything blind, or without at least hearing about what the sizing is like (which I'm sure will be bizarre, as usual).post #50 of 136041/15/13 at 7:35pmpost #51 of 136041/15/13 at 7:53pmpost #52 of 136041/15/13 at 8:00pmpost #53 of 136041/15/13 at 8:02pmpost #54 of 136041/15/13 at 8:04pmThe prices are strangely inconsistent. $280 is a lot for a plain silk tie by any standard -- Tom Ford and Brioni et al actually do interesting things at that price point (unconventional fabrics, knits with standard point bottom, etc). $315 for plain cotton tees and $510 for a plain sleeveless jersey sweatshirt is pretty silly.
I figure the ipad case is just stunt pricing because of the studs and to attract attention.
On the other hand, dress shoes with lots of studs are under $1000, whereas I've seen similar things by Prada and Gucci well into the four digits. Jeans in the $400s is pretty standard right now, including for less prestigious brands than this, and $1300-1800 actually seems low for outerwear in the rarefied YSL echelon, though it should be noted it's minimally structured and made of 65% polyester / 35% cotton.post #55 of 136041/15/13 at 8:08pmpost #56 of 136041/15/13 at 8:12pmI like how the 100% cotton hoodies are over $800 and that's become par for the course (at Junya, Givenchy, Balmain, and the like) even though there is no detailing or "design" whatsoever.
It almost makes the silk chiffon double-layered ones from Lanvin or the cashmere-silk ones Marc Jacobs sells for $4K begin to seem reasonable.
And touting "raglan construction" evades the fact that you don't get a front zip and they didn't have to pay for the hardware.post #57 of 136041/15/13 at 8:17pmpost #58 of 136041/15/13 at 8:21pmpost #59 of 136041/16/13 at 12:56ampost #60 of 136041/16/13 at 1:07amQuote:
Edited by Cyber7Punk - 1/16/13 at 2:29am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 12 minutes ago
- › Nick's Boots 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 24 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 30 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 34 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding