Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 757310/19/12 at 3:30pm
^ agreed. it feels so incomplete imo. someone on sufu said it was like he took a bunch of shitty filler from old dior collections and tweaked it a bit. there's nothing that stands out - no mohair capes, napolean jackets, gold boots, blood spatter shirts, etc etc etc. i know that stuff has been hyped to death so people are sick of them, but there was a reason for that.post #48 of 757310/21/12 at 7:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Maybe it's just but I wonder sometimes if they don't mark some things "sold out" on purpose to give the appearance of hype/demand. Obviously, I have no idea, but I can't really see how, where, or why people buy $12k items online. Folks in the market for that go to the boutiques, where they have established relationships with the sales associates. Kids with $$$ in the rural provinces who want "ZOMG YSL" buy logo-besmirched tshirts online... but not couture or $12k items.
p.s. love the Thiebaud!
p.p.s. as for "ysl customers in the 40's-90's", honestly I don't think there are any. Those who were have long since moved on, or gone to bespoke. Since YSl himself shut down the couture line, and Gucci Group bought the brand, the old guard customers stopped paying attention. TF introduced YSl to an entirely new audience, cultivated further by Pilati. Hedi's job is to keep them interested before their short attention spans move on to whatever else there is out there (and there's a LOT out there); hype and provenance will get you one, maybe two seasons... but beyond that, he'll have to do something else or people aren't going to hang around.
I agree, it's hyped up.
I love it too. I also like this one from him
I think Gucci Group is like Honey Boo Boo, money makes them holla. It's a disadvantage if they don't capitalize with the 40s to 90s considering YSL produces a diverse cache of products.post #49 of 757312/23/12 at 10:46amI thought I would bump this thread just to check to see if anyone has spotted any of the men's stuff in the wild. There are a couple items I'm interested in, but I'm not keen on buying anything blind, or without at least hearing about what the sizing is like (which I'm sure will be bizarre, as usual).post #50 of 75731/15/13 at 7:35pmpost #51 of 75731/15/13 at 7:53pmpost #52 of 75731/15/13 at 8:00pmpost #53 of 75731/15/13 at 8:02pmpost #54 of 75731/15/13 at 8:04pmThe prices are strangely inconsistent. $280 is a lot for a plain silk tie by any standard -- Tom Ford and Brioni et al actually do interesting things at that price point (unconventional fabrics, knits with standard point bottom, etc). $315 for plain cotton tees and $510 for a plain sleeveless jersey sweatshirt is pretty silly.
I figure the ipad case is just stunt pricing because of the studs and to attract attention.
On the other hand, dress shoes with lots of studs are under $1000, whereas I've seen similar things by Prada and Gucci well into the four digits. Jeans in the $400s is pretty standard right now, including for less prestigious brands than this, and $1300-1800 actually seems low for outerwear in the rarefied YSL echelon, though it should be noted it's minimally structured and made of 65% polyester / 35% cotton.post #55 of 75731/15/13 at 8:08pmpost #56 of 75731/15/13 at 8:12pmI like how the 100% cotton hoodies are over $800 and that's become par for the course (at Junya, Givenchy, Balmain, and the like) even though there is no detailing or "design" whatsoever.
It almost makes the silk chiffon double-layered ones from Lanvin or the cashmere-silk ones Marc Jacobs sells for $4K begin to seem reasonable.
And touting "raglan construction" evades the fact that you don't get a front zip and they didn't have to pay for the hardware.post #57 of 75731/15/13 at 8:17pmpost #58 of 75731/15/13 at 8:21pmpost #59 of 75731/16/13 at 12:56ampost #60 of 75731/16/13 at 1:07amQuote:
Edited by Cyber7Punk - 1/16/13 at 2:29am
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 58 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Moncler Grey Wool Down Jacket 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories