Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 4
Styleforum Top Picks
^ agreed. it feels so incomplete imo. someone on sufu said it was like he took a bunch of shitty filler from old dior collections and tweaked it a bit. there's nothing that stands out - no mohair capes, napolean jackets, gold boots, blood spatter shirts, etc etc etc. i know that stuff has been hyped to death so people are sick of them, but there was a reason for that.
Maybe it's just but I wonder sometimes if they don't mark some things "sold out" on purpose to give the appearance of hype/demand. Obviously, I have no idea, but I can't really see how, where, or why people buy $12k items online. Folks in the market for that go to the boutiques, where they have established relationships with the sales associates. Kids with $$$ in the rural provinces who want "ZOMG YSL" buy logo-besmirched tshirts online... but not couture or $12k items.
p.s. love the Thiebaud!
p.p.s. as for "ysl customers in the 40's-90's", honestly I don't think there are any. Those who were have long since moved on, or gone to bespoke. Since YSl himself shut down the couture line, and Gucci Group bought the brand, the old guard customers stopped paying attention. TF introduced YSl to an entirely new audience, cultivated further by Pilati. Hedi's job is to keep them interested before their short attention spans move on to whatever else there is out there (and there's a LOT out there); hype and provenance will get you one, maybe two seasons... but beyond that, he'll have to do something else or people aren't going to hang around.
I agree, it's hyped up.
I love it too. I also like this one from him
I think Gucci Group is like Honey Boo Boo, money makes them holla. It's a disadvantage if they don't capitalize with the 40s to 90s considering YSL produces a diverse cache of products.
I figure the ipad case is just stunt pricing because of the studs and to attract attention.
On the other hand, dress shoes with lots of studs are under $1000, whereas I've seen similar things by Prada and Gucci well into the four digits. Jeans in the $400s is pretty standard right now, including for less prestigious brands than this, and $1300-1800 actually seems low for outerwear in the rarefied YSL echelon, though it should be noted it's minimally structured and made of 65% polyester / 35% cotton.
It almost makes the silk chiffon double-layered ones from Lanvin or the cashmere-silk ones Marc Jacobs sells for $4K begin to seem reasonable.
And touting "raglan construction" evades the fact that you don't get a front zip and they didn't have to pay for the hardware.
Edited by Cyber7Punk - 1/16/13 at 2:29am
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › why I cannot post on "New Forum Support" forum? 1 minute ago
- › The Casual Suit vs. Odd Jacket and Trousers 2 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...