When you went to the SLP store on Rodeo, did you see if they had gotten in a new shipment of the 15.5 cm black jeans yet? I placed a pre order for them months ago, in early May, and I'm worried my order has gotten lost in the shuffle.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 18
Styleforum Top Pickspost #257 of 90657/11/13 at 6:39amQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
As someone that is pretty conservative, while trying to remain on the cusp of widely accepted and avante garde (keyword: Trying), i'm pretty paranoiac and always worrying about what others think of me (something i'm working on), I find everything in the SLP collection, even the flamboyant pieces, pretty wearable. Honestly, Half of the most flamboyant looks from SS14 are taken straight out of Undercover's SS13/Talking Heads collection.
With the latest show, while there was nothing groundbreaking, I totally found myself saying, oh shit, i'll get that shirt, or those shoes are sick, and what not. I love Rick and Boris and a lot of avant garde designers but nothing from SS14 was desirable to me. The only other brand I think stood out the most out of everyone was Hermes and Haider, but those are beside the point.
I think we're basically the same person, except I wear a lot of Dior (not sure if you do too). I felt the same way about the latest shows (including Hermes).
When one tries on SLP instead of worrying about Hedi, it's very wearable and doesn't stand out in a bad way at all but gives one a good edge.post #258 of 90657/11/13 at 6:40amQuote:
Do you know if those have any stretch? 15.5cm is pretty rock n' roll.post #259 of 90657/11/13 at 6:48ami've only given slp stuff a quick look in barney's (oh, and at jeffrey...saw the fall stuff there yesterday) but it did all seem nicely made. it was the design i wasn't particularly impressed with. the jackets are the only stand out items to me. hedi could always cut a sick jacket. but overall they're still too gaudy for my taste. one problem I have with the clothes, and those after party pics only reinforced this, is that it doesn't feel like clothing for adults. it's like wardrobe designed for rich kids of instagram. that's fine if you want to go that route, but it leads into another problem, which again those after party pics only confirmed: that it doesn't feel authentic. it's very contrived, like an adult imagining what so-called youth culture is like rather than being an accurate reflection of what kids actually wear and do. just look at pics of bands and the crowds at their shows. they look nothing like those after party pics. it's particularly galling to me because one of my favorite things about rock, punk, and indie is its history as a refuge for loser kids and weirdos. what hedi did at DH tapped into that; slp is for the insiders.
regarding the DH boutiques, i don't find them inviting at all. i wander into the one in soho every so often and it feels like i'm interrupting something (what I'm not sure because i'm usually the only customer in there). maybe that's just my experience, though when I brought my wife in there she had the same impression. but i do think the quality of DH is really outstanding, at least the tailored stuff. cut and sew i'm not sure. i have a pair of recent wool trousers and everything about them, including the fabric, the construction (a lot of the detail is on the inside), and the cut is impeccable. i think it took kva a while to figure out what he was doing, but i think he did hit on something. of course i'm starting to think he's kinda passed his prime there and his last really good collection was fall 2012, but maybe he'll surprise me.post #260 of 90657/11/13 at 2:14pmI just bought the SLP highs in black half off, pretty excited to get them, but I'm still a little worried about what shades of denim they'll go with, they are very black. Anyone pulled them off with gray washed jeans? I'm planning on mostly wearing them with black and waxed jeans, and very dark indigo jeans.
Since I got mine on sale, I'll share where else I've seen em on sale that I was keeping to myself before as i deliberated.
You can get the black lows 40% off here -
Highs 30% off here -
Smaller discounts here-
(there are other SLP styles available on the above sites also)post #261 of 90657/11/13 at 2:53pmpost #262 of 90657/11/13 at 3:02pmpost #263 of 90657/11/13 at 3:13pm
New Daft Punk action figures - http://coolmaterial.com/home/games/daft-punk-action-figures/
They are wearing Saint Laurent and it's pretty dead on, even the sneakers lol.. Wonder when we'll see the Hedi variant figure
Also some more new releases..
Really diggin those new sneakers.. the leather looks much thickerpost #264 of 90657/11/13 at 3:29pmpost #265 of 90657/11/13 at 3:33pmpost #266 of 90657/12/13 at 7:28ampost #267 of 90657/12/13 at 9:46ampost #268 of 90657/12/13 at 11:44ampost #269 of 90657/12/13 at 12:29pmpost #270 of 90657/12/13 at 2:27pm
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 23 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...