Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 120
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1787 of 92377/25/14 at 9:17ampost #1788 of 92377/25/14 at 9:20ampost #1789 of 92377/25/14 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
I've had both. I've really liked all my rick's but I grew tired of them eventually and wanted something more subtle and that would work better with my wardrobe since i've mostly been wearing SLP. I picked up a recent stooges jacket since I find Rick jackets to be more functional but it was flimsier than a target jacket. Just really awful quality.
So I went through about 3 different SLP leathers including the classic biker and L17 and they all looked great, but were just too short and cropped for my frame. I also found the leather to be nice and supple but very thin and delicate. Maybe they get more substantial during the right season, but I didn't find them to be very functional in any case. More of a statement/accessory or editorial piece.
Rick is hit and miss, but nothing beats the two zipper interior pockets (Sometimes when I go traveling I just take the jacket and put my iPad mini and whatever accessories I need for hygiene, etc and don't even need to bring a carry on.
I might take a look at some of Schott's custom jackets though since they're really well priced and made in the USA and essentially give you the classic rider look.
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.post #1790 of 92377/25/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Returningson
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.
Also, this thread has now seen Ricki join Heidi and Channel.post #1791 of 92377/26/14 at 12:00ampost #1792 of 92377/26/14 at 9:27ampost #1793 of 92377/26/14 at 11:57am
Hey, is anyone interested in the chain destroyed denim in black? I am able to get a pair for under retail. However they are the women's version and are size 30. If your skinny and usually wear 27-29 i'm sure you can fit into these. My buddy's thats a 29 in 15.5 fit perfectly in these. PM me if your interested :).post #1794 of 92377/26/14 at 3:12pmpost #1795 of 92377/26/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Here you go, Last onepost #1796 of 92377/26/14 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
Here you go, Last one
Thanks for the link.
Did you end up getting it for yourself?
But damn... I need one in a size 48. Damn damn damn.post #1797 of 92377/26/14 at 8:42pmpost #1798 of 92377/26/14 at 9:02pmpost #1799 of 92377/26/14 at 9:07pmpost #1800 of 92377/26/14 at 11:07pm
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?