Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 120
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1787 of 46767/25/14 at 9:17ampost #1788 of 46767/25/14 at 9:20ampost #1789 of 46767/25/14 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
I've had both. I've really liked all my rick's but I grew tired of them eventually and wanted something more subtle and that would work better with my wardrobe since i've mostly been wearing SLP. I picked up a recent stooges jacket since I find Rick jackets to be more functional but it was flimsier than a target jacket. Just really awful quality.
So I went through about 3 different SLP leathers including the classic biker and L17 and they all looked great, but were just too short and cropped for my frame. I also found the leather to be nice and supple but very thin and delicate. Maybe they get more substantial during the right season, but I didn't find them to be very functional in any case. More of a statement/accessory or editorial piece.
Rick is hit and miss, but nothing beats the two zipper interior pockets (Sometimes when I go traveling I just take the jacket and put my iPad mini and whatever accessories I need for hygiene, etc and don't even need to bring a carry on.
I might take a look at some of Schott's custom jackets though since they're really well priced and made in the USA and essentially give you the classic rider look.
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.post #1790 of 46767/25/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Returningson
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.
Also, this thread has now seen Ricki join Heidi and Channel.post #1791 of 46767/26/14 at 12:00ampost #1792 of 46767/26/14 at 9:27ampost #1793 of 46767/26/14 at 11:57am
Hey, is anyone interested in the chain destroyed denim in black? I am able to get a pair for under retail. However they are the women's version and are size 30. If your skinny and usually wear 27-29 i'm sure you can fit into these. My buddy's thats a 29 in 15.5 fit perfectly in these. PM me if your interested :).post #1794 of 46767/26/14 at 3:12pmpost #1795 of 46767/26/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Here you go, Last onepost #1796 of 46767/26/14 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
Here you go, Last one
Thanks for the link.
Did you end up getting it for yourself?
But damn... I need one in a size 48. Damn damn damn.post #1797 of 46767/26/14 at 8:42pmpost #1798 of 46767/26/14 at 9:02pmpost #1799 of 46767/26/14 at 9:07pmpost #1800 of 46767/26/14 at 11:07pm
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 40 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 43 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › how to get your love back after a break-up+91-9680462195 5 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 20 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 22 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan