Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 120post #1787 of 162647/25/14 at 9:17ampost #1788 of 162647/25/14 at 9:20ampost #1789 of 162647/25/14 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
I've had both. I've really liked all my rick's but I grew tired of them eventually and wanted something more subtle and that would work better with my wardrobe since i've mostly been wearing SLP. I picked up a recent stooges jacket since I find Rick jackets to be more functional but it was flimsier than a target jacket. Just really awful quality.
So I went through about 3 different SLP leathers including the classic biker and L17 and they all looked great, but were just too short and cropped for my frame. I also found the leather to be nice and supple but very thin and delicate. Maybe they get more substantial during the right season, but I didn't find them to be very functional in any case. More of a statement/accessory or editorial piece.
Rick is hit and miss, but nothing beats the two zipper interior pockets (Sometimes when I go traveling I just take the jacket and put my iPad mini and whatever accessories I need for hygiene, etc and don't even need to bring a carry on.
I might take a look at some of Schott's custom jackets though since they're really well priced and made in the USA and essentially give you the classic rider look.
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.post #1790 of 162647/25/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Returningson
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.
Also, this thread has now seen Ricki join Heidi and Channel.post #1791 of 162647/26/14 at 12:00ampost #1792 of 162647/26/14 at 9:27ampost #1793 of 162647/26/14 at 11:57am
Hey, is anyone interested in the chain destroyed denim in black? I am able to get a pair for under retail. However they are the women's version and are size 30. If your skinny and usually wear 27-29 i'm sure you can fit into these. My buddy's thats a 29 in 15.5 fit perfectly in these. PM me if your interested :).post #1794 of 162647/26/14 at 3:12pmpost #1795 of 162647/26/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Here you go, Last onepost #1796 of 162647/26/14 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
Here you go, Last one
Thanks for the link.
Did you end up getting it for yourself?
But damn... I need one in a size 48. Damn damn damn.post #1797 of 162647/26/14 at 8:42pmpost #1798 of 162647/26/14 at 9:02pmpost #1799 of 162647/26/14 at 9:07pmpost #1800 of 162647/26/14 at 11:07pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 1 minute ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › Performance dress shirts 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...