or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 954

post #14296 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrmnn View Post

Which do you guys prefer, Black suede vs black leather jodhpur?

Black calf is classic but black suede is more fun
post #14297 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns View Post

- at least 1 wyatt model
- at least 1 lower heel model either in 30 mm or 25 mm
- at least 1 army boot type for days that you want to look more rugged
- bonus boot would be cropped jodhpurs if you have the right proportions to pull it off

if you're more eccenteric and want to make a bigger statement then definintely try out santiags, creepers, french, duckies etc. 

What would you say are correct proportions for the cropped jodhpurs? Skinnier/taller?
post #14298 of 15023

Curious if you guys prefer to dry clean or wash your non raw distressed denim when the time comes for them to be cleaned. 

post #14299 of 15023
Thoughts on the afromentioned linen-blend field jacket?
post #14300 of 15023
So I have a pair of SL/01H optic white high tops that I bought from Barney's on 2/10/2013 (according to my e-receipt) that I've never taken out of the plastic, let alone tried on or worn (3 small marks on the soles from the bags or from Barney's I presume). Is that something people would care about? I'm fairly certain that was Hedi's first season at Saint Laurent, but I'm not sure. I'm not trying to shill for my future listing, just wondering if it's information that's pertinent or that would make the pair more covetable.

Also, is there somewhere better than SF classified that would be better for me to list them? I never had the SLP aesthetic, and instead skipped from MMM straight to RO and now went full CM, so that's half of the reason why I never wore them.
post #14301 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

So I have a pair of SL/01H optic white high tops that I bought from Barney's on 2/10/2013 (according to my e-receipt) that I've never taken out of the plastic, let alone tried on or worn (3 small marks on the soles from the bags or from Barney's I presume). Is that something people would care about? I'm fairly certain that was Hedi's first season at Saint Laurent, but I'm not sure. I'm not trying to shill for my future listing, just wondering if it's information that's pertinent or that would make the pair more covetable.

Also, is there somewhere better than SF classified that would be better for me to list them? I never had the SLP aesthetic, and instead skipped from MMM straight to RO and now went full CM, so that's half of the reason why I never wore them.

Grailed would be your best bet.
Edited by wurlwyde - 10/17/16 at 1:54am
post #14302 of 15023
Afromentioned heh

No idea though
post #14303 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by parnyc View Post
 

 

I have it in black in a 46 and it is a great piece. The gold buttons aren't overly shiny, which I think helps take it from being too preppy. For me the armholes were cut higher than that of my black single button peak lapel SL blazer, so I had the tailor at the store lower it slightly and it feels much better, less constricting. 

 

SL will still be producing men's clothing

I had no idea that could be done. The arm holes are definitely cut higher in the 2 button notch lapel cut than the 3 button or the one button offerings from permanent collection. I have the classic black gabardine 2 button notch lapel blazer (not the one with gold buttons though), which is the same cut, and I went up to 50 due to the arm holes being so high that they were causing the upper arms to look pulled and ruffled with a shirt on in 48. I intend to have some alterations done (probably only some waist suppression and sleeve length), but I'm going to wear it a little more yet and see how it settles first. 

post #14304 of 15023
Big thank you to everyone who chimed in on the boots recommendations. Looks like I'll be picking up black harness wyatts and black jodhpurs over the next few weeks. It's a tough decision between cropped and regular jodhpurs
post #14305 of 15023

regular jodhpus > 

post #14306 of 15023
Regular jodhs
post #14307 of 15023

Long slim legs look extra good in cropped jodhpurs but these are hard to rock if your proportions are not that perfect:


- these are effectively similar to women's booties where it is sort of where the entire boot is meant to be shown...this can cause a challenge because it visually shortens your leg if you are not careful

post #14308 of 15023

Cropped jodhpur boots look good on me luckily, and are the most complimented shoe I've ever owned. The regular jodhpur boots don't work for me at all, not that I mind as I prefer the Chelsea and side zip anyway. For me the jeans just hit them too high and make my legs look short, and feet look big like a golf club (I have size 45 feet and am reasonably slim at size 29). I do see people that make them work, quite often shorter people with smaller feet for some reason. 

 

Looking at the menswear version of the womenswear Blake 40 jodhpur, it looks like the strap is lower than the strap on the high jodhpurs, so I think they'll probably work great. Another boot I'd really like to see offered with the low heel is the double buckle that was used on the French.

 

Menswear version is bottom left. I'd prefer them on the London last by a mile but I'll take what I can get.

 

 

Womenswear version:

 

post #14309 of 15023

Your description of how the regular jodhpurs can look reminds of this:

post #14310 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns View Post

Your description of how the regular jodhpurs can look reminds of this:

The exact reason I sold my jodhpurs as soon as my chelseas arrived
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.