Black calf is classic but black suede is more fun
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 954post #14297 of 1676810/16/16 at 6:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by thorns
- at least 1 wyatt model
- at least 1 lower heel model either in 30 mm or 25 mm
- at least 1 army boot type for days that you want to look more rugged
- bonus boot would be cropped jodhpurs if you have the right proportions to pull it off
if you're more eccenteric and want to make a bigger statement then definintely try out santiags, creepers, french, duckies etc.
What would you say are correct proportions for the cropped jodhpurs? Skinnier/taller?post #14298 of 1676810/16/16 at 7:39pmpost #14299 of 1676810/16/16 at 7:41pmpost #14300 of 1676810/16/16 at 9:03pmSo I have a pair of SL/01H optic white high tops that I bought from Barney's on 2/10/2013 (according to my e-receipt) that I've never taken out of the plastic, let alone tried on or worn (3 small marks on the soles from the bags or from Barney's I presume). Is that something people would care about? I'm fairly certain that was Hedi's first season at Saint Laurent, but I'm not sure. I'm not trying to shill for my future listing, just wondering if it's information that's pertinent or that would make the pair more covetable.
Also, is there somewhere better than SF classified that would be better for me to list them? I never had the SLP aesthetic, and instead skipped from MMM straight to RO and now went full CM, so that's half of the reason why I never wore them.post #14301 of 1676810/16/16 at 9:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
So I have a pair of SL/01H optic white high tops that I bought from Barney's on 2/10/2013 (according to my e-receipt) that I've never taken out of the plastic, let alone tried on or worn (3 small marks on the soles from the bags or from Barney's I presume). Is that something people would care about? I'm fairly certain that was Hedi's first season at Saint Laurent, but I'm not sure. I'm not trying to shill for my future listing, just wondering if it's information that's pertinent or that would make the pair more covetable.
Also, is there somewhere better than SF classified that would be better for me to list them? I never had the SLP aesthetic, and instead skipped from MMM straight to RO and now went full CM, so that's half of the reason why I never wore them.
Grailed would be your best bet.
Edited by wurlwyde - 10/17/16 at 1:54ampost #14302 of 1676810/16/16 at 10:17pmpost #14303 of 1676810/17/16 at 2:57amQuote:Originally Posted by parnyc
I have it in black in a 46 and it is a great piece. The gold buttons aren't overly shiny, which I think helps take it from being too preppy. For me the armholes were cut higher than that of my black single button peak lapel SL blazer, so I had the tailor at the store lower it slightly and it feels much better, less constricting.
SL will still be producing men's clothing
I had no idea that could be done. The arm holes are definitely cut higher in the 2 button notch lapel cut than the 3 button or the one button offerings from permanent collection. I have the classic black gabardine 2 button notch lapel blazer (not the one with gold buttons though), which is the same cut, and I went up to 50 due to the arm holes being so high that they were causing the upper arms to look pulled and ruffled with a shirt on in 48. I intend to have some alterations done (probably only some waist suppression and sleeve length), but I'm going to wear it a little more yet and see how it settles first.post #14304 of 1676810/17/16 at 5:22ampost #14305 of 1676810/17/16 at 6:36ampost #14306 of 1676810/17/16 at 7:44ampost #14307 of 1676810/17/16 at 8:15am
Long slim legs look extra good in cropped jodhpurs but these are hard to rock if your proportions are not that perfect:
- these are effectively similar to women's booties where it is sort of where the entire boot is meant to be shown...this can cause a challenge because it visually shortens your leg if you are not carefulpost #14308 of 1676810/17/16 at 9:52am
Cropped jodhpur boots look good on me luckily, and are the most complimented shoe I've ever owned. The regular jodhpur boots don't work for me at all, not that I mind as I prefer the Chelsea and side zip anyway. For me the jeans just hit them too high and make my legs look short, and feet look big like a golf club (I have size 45 feet and am reasonably slim at size 29). I do see people that make them work, quite often shorter people with smaller feet for some reason.
Looking at the menswear version of the womenswear Blake 40 jodhpur, it looks like the strap is lower than the strap on the high jodhpurs, so I think they'll probably work great. Another boot I'd really like to see offered with the low heel is the double buckle that was used on the French.
Menswear version is bottom left. I'd prefer them on the London last by a mile but I'll take what I can get.
Womenswear version:post #14309 of 1676810/17/16 at 10:11ampost #14310 of 1676810/17/16 at 12:48pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 53 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 53 seconds ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 59 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...