or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 952

post #14266 of 14950

Hi there, Hedi Slimane fans !

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isolar View Post

@OakGhost I know some people find it overplayed, but that jacket is seriously one of my favorite SL pieces. I think it's really the best of its kind. Congrats, man!

 

I planned to buy this piece since a few months, but I will probably wait to see if new colors appear for SS 2017 (I am quite bored by the black and white).

Btw, what about the quality of this jacket ? I mean, I read here and there that Saint Laurent quality has decreased over time (I don't know if this is true for all the pieces). Do you think this piece will stand the test of time ?

I have the same apprehension about quality concerning other pieces from the permanent collection :

 

- Duffle coat : I read on this topic that Hedi himself contacted a factory to have it done with traditionnal method like the old time. Is that still the case ? On the official website, it is said "TRADITIONAL CONSTRUCTION", but I am always suspicious.

- Classic blazer : it's really a piece I have in mind since 2013, but I did not follow the evolution. Has it changed since the beginning ? How is the fit ?

- Parka : same question...


Thanks guys !

post #14267 of 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMe View Post

I planned to buy this piece since a few months, but I will probably wait to see if new colors appear for SS 2017 (I am quite bored by the black and white).


Btw, what about the quality of this jacket ? I mean, I read here and there that Saint Laurent quality has decreased over time (I don't know if this is true for all the pieces). Do you think this piece will stand the test of time ?


I have the same apprehension about quality concerning other pieces from the permanent collection :

- Duffle coat : I read on this topic that Hedi himself contacted a factory to have it done with traditionnal method like the old time. Is that still the case ? On the official website, it is said "TRADITIONAL CONSTRUCTION", but I am always suspicious.


- Classic blazer : it's really a piece I have in mind since 2013, but I did not follow the evolution. Has it changed since the beginning ? How is the fit ?


- Parka : same question...


Thanks guys !

Hey there. I have the duffle. It's one of the most substantial pieces from the collection and is a VERY heavy weight wool. It's very effective and is almost too traditional for me, so I had to have it tailored quite a bit (i.e., it's round and long for coverage). It's definitely a looker and you should expect compliments.

The blazers are a great, tight fit with high armholes and quality construction. I think they're fully canvassed, at least the ones north of $2500.
Edited by SirGrotius - 10/15/16 at 4:42pm
post #14268 of 14950

got the chelsea wyatt 40s today. Love them so much that I sold my Jodhpur 30s on grailed as I knew I wasnt going to wear them anymore. Though the heel would be high for me but its not that big compared to the 30s. As for sizing, i went half a size down from my sneaker size TTS and the same size as my calf jodhs.
post #14269 of 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddibakar View Post


got the chelsea wyatt 40s today. Love them so much that I sold my Jodhpur 30s on grailed as I knew I wasnt going to wear them anymore. Though the heel would be high for me but its not that big compared to the 30s. As for sizing, i went half a size down from my sneaker size TTS and the same size as my calf jodhs.

 

 

Should of kept the Jodhpur's for rainy days. lol

post #14270 of 14950
Or simply because jodhpurs >>> chelseas, can't get over the elastic band. Leather/suede ages well, an elastic band doesn't and can't be replaced easily. Buckle/laces/zipper >>> elastic band IMO. And there are 40mm jodhpurs, aren't there?
post #14271 of 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

Or simply because jodhpurs >>> chelseas, can't get over the elastic band. Leather/suede ages well, an elastic band doesn't and can't be replaced easily. Buckle/laces/zipper >>> elastic band IMO. And there are 40mm jodhpurs, aren't there?
Yea there must be i saw some people on instagram having those but i cant find them anywhere. I sold the sude jodhpurs because they are not as well structured as chelseas and when you wear them with skinny jeans the flap in the front(or whatever you wanna call it) just crunches up, which i dont like at all. I have black calf jodhs too but they dont have that problem because the leather is sturdier than the suede. Also after a months of wear the jodhs became very big for my feet because i bought it when they just came out and no one actually posted anything about the sizing.
post #14272 of 14950

I personally don't really rate the Hedi 30 / Wyatt 40 jodhpur boots that much. I think the jeans hit them too high making most people's legs look short and stubby, and the shoes look big like a golf club. They also crease in a messy way at the front as mentioned above. For jodhpur boots, as I've mentioned a thousand times on here, the cropped version in smooth black calf is probably my favourite ever shoe, and I also like the jodhpur classique, especially the version they put on the Seville last. I'm pretty hopeful for the menswear version of the womenswear Blake 40 jodhpur (been hoping they'd do a menswear version since SS 13). Hard to tell from showroom pictures if it's on the Hedi last or something else though (would prefer it on something sleeker and more almond toe shaped with a thinner sole than the Hedi, but I seem to be the exception so it will probably be the Hedi). 

post #14273 of 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

Hey there. I have the duffle. It's one of the most substantial pieces from the collection and is a VERY heavy weight wool. It's very effective and is almost too traditional for me, so I had to have it tailed quite a bit (i.e., it's round and long for coverage). It's definitely a looker and you should expect compliments.

The blazers are a great, tight fit with high armholes and quality construction. I think they're fully canvassed, at least the ones north of $2500.

 

Thank you for the relply, it's very useful ! From which year is yours ?

 

Now my concern, as other folks here, is that they remove the permanent collection... I hope I will have the time to buy everything I want.

 

If someone can share feelings about the quality of the other pieces I mentioned (blazer, teddy wool, parka), it would be nice. :o)

I am particularly interessted by the blazer. To be precise, this one :

 

 

I am sure some of you guys grabbed it !

post #14274 of 14950

Yep, should have kept the jodhpurs. Chelseas are comfortable enough but the elastic band unstitches and is pretty expensive and difficult to repair. The jodh's are just one giant piece of leather with straps and I would say are much more versatile for casual / elegant scenarios whereas the chelseas are typically just casual. 

post #14275 of 14950
post #14276 of 14950

I really like the classic jodhpurs in 25 mm heels:

- it sort of has a bit of a motorcycle/rider boot feeling because of the buckle and harness like straps

 

The same design on the seville last with 30 mm heels:

 

 

 

The straps and hardware does make jodhpur boots look a bit more "fussy" so it is a bit harder to channel the "I don't really care" vibe compared to wearing chelsea boots. Although the jodhpur is more fussy it still feels less formal than side zips. I'm guessing maybe it is because the extra details for jodhpurs still ultimately make it less formal compared to the clean sleek "less detailed" style of just a zipper. 

post #14277 of 14950

Anyone knows what is the different wash effect in the 2013 knee blowout? Saw two different codes, 

-328950 Y693B

-328950 Y691B

 

One of them should be the oil stained wash, but which is it?

post #14278 of 14950

Chelsea boots with non-casual wear like suits is a pretty classic combination here in the UK. I've also had a different experience to the posters above in that I've hammered my black smooth calf Hedi 30 Chelseas for daily wear, pubs, clubs and raves, in all weather, not really cared for them, and the elastic has never come unstitched even a little. 

post #14279 of 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMe View Post
 

 

Thank you for the relply, it's very useful ! From which year is yours ?

 

Now my concern, as other folks here, is that they remove the permanent collection... I hope I will have the time to buy everything I want.

 

If someone can share feelings about the quality of the other pieces I mentioned (blazer, teddy wool, parka), it would be nice. :o)

I am particularly interessted by the blazer. To be precise, this one :

 

 

I am sure some of you guys grabbed it !

 

I have it in black in a 46 and it is a great piece. The gold buttons aren't overly shiny, which I think helps take it from being too preppy. For me the armholes were cut higher than that of my black single button peak lapel SL blazer, so I had the tailor at the store lower it slightly and it feels much better, less constricting. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp View Post


No more until the next designer? Will the permanent collection still be around next season?

 

SL will still be producing men's clothing.

post #14280 of 14950
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran84 View Post

Chelsea boots with non-casual wear like suits is a pretty classic combination here in the UK. I've also had a different experience to the posters above in that I've hammered my black smooth calf Hedi 30 Chelseas for daily wear, pubs, clubs and raves, in all weather, not really cared for them, and the elastic has never come unstitched even a little. 
if the elastic actually gets ripped, i was planning to buy an extra pair. Thanks for the info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.