or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 96

post #1426 of 2431

Actually, at this very moment there appears to be one size 30 that has cropped up on the official site again for pre-order here:

 

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/ready-to-wear-denim-trousers-signature-low-waisted-skinny-motocross-jean-in-black-stretch-denim_cod36551468po.html

 

Get 'em quick! :D

post #1427 of 2431

Anyone know where I can find measurements for the Stained denim from last season?

post #1428 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post

Late to the zippered jeans preorder. :/
What are the differences from last year's? Even tighter calfs on them? I'm worried I'm out of luck since my calves are 16.5" around at their widest. frown.gif

Last years were 16.5 cm. This years are 15.5cm and depending on size, hem will be smaller than 15.5 cm. So yes, they are tighter haha. For reference, size 30 biker jeans from last year have an exact 16.5cm hem. Therefore, larger sizes may increase by .5. To sum it up, I would say that the bikers last year fit more like 17.5cm jeans.
post #1429 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmanairlift View Post


Last years were 16.5 cm. This years are 15.5cm and depending on size, hem will be smaller than 15.5 cm. So yes, they are tighter haha. For reference, size 30 biker jeans from last year have an exact 16.5cm hem. Therefore, larger sizes may increase by .5. To sum it up, I would say that the bikers last year fit more like 17.5cm jeans.

Alright, prepare for a stupid question about the hem. When you say it's a 15.5cm hem on the jeans, does that mean it narrows down to a 15.5cm x 2 or 31cm circumference around the ankle? But it's larger below the knee until it narrows down to that point?

 

I wear a size 32 in most jeans, but I'm thinking I should size up to either a 33 or a 34 just because I'm worried they'll be too tight in my calves or even my thighs. 

post #1430 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post

Alright, prepare for a stupid question about the hem. When you say it's a 15.5cm hem on the jeans, does that mean it narrows down to a 15.5cm x 2 or 31cm circumference around the ankle? But it's larger below the knee until it narrows down to that point?

I wear a size 32 in most jeans, but I'm thinking I should size up to either a 33 or a 34 just because I'm worried they'll be too tight in my calves or even my thighs. 

Ha, that's a great question. 15.5cm means when you're laying the jeans flat, the opening will be 15.5 (6.1") wide for that leg. I'm not sure if the circumference is exactly double that.

What brands/types of jeans do you wear? My rule of thumb for "skinny" jeans, which 15.5cm are, is if you're an ectomorph the jeans will be perfect for you, and no reason to adjust the size, if you're a mesomorph, you may be okay sticking to your standard size, but if you're doing a lot of lower body exercises size up one, or they may look painted onto your thighs, etc. If you're an endomorph consider sizing up a couple, and keep in mind it'll be dicey.
post #1431 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post


Ha, that's a great question. 15.5cm means when you're laying the jeans flat, the opening will be 15.5 (6.1") wide for that leg. I'm not sure if the circumference is exactly double that.

What brands/types of jeans do you wear? My rule of thumb for "skinny" jeans, which 15.5cm are, is if you're an ectomorph the jeans will be perfect for you, and no reason to adjust the size, if you're a mesomorph, you may be okay sticking to your standard size, but if you're doing a lot of lower body exercises size up one, or they may look painted onto your thighs, etc. If you're an endomorph consider sizing up a couple, and keep in mind it'll be dicey.

I'm a 32 now in JCrew, Levis, & Scotch and Soda. I'm thinking I may have to size up one since I did football/lifting so I always have to worry fitting into skinny jeans. Hopefully they stretch out a bit around my legs. :X

post #1432 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post

Alright, prepare for a stupid question about the hem. When you say it's a 15.5cm hem on the jeans, does that mean it narrows down to a 15.5cm x 2 or 31cm circumference around the ankle? But it's larger below the knee until it narrows down to that point?

I wear a size 32 in most jeans, but I'm thinking I should size up to either a 33 or a 34 just because I'm worried they'll be too tight in my calves or even my thighs. 

For bikers, it fits tighter in the knees in general because it's leather. It'll take longer to stretch it out. I can only speak for FW '13 bikers. The new ones are ridiculously tight now. It'll be tight throughout.
post #1433 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmanairlift View Post

For bikers, it fits tighter in the knees in general because it's leather. It'll take longer to stretch it out. I can only speak for FW '13 bikers. The new ones are ridiculously tight now. It'll be tight throughout.

Oh yes, if the OP is asking about bikers/leather jeans I'd be very careful. I wear a size 28 in everything, and tried on the bikers and literally was a little worried I might damage them with my fatness.
post #1434 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post
 

I'm a 32 now in JCrew, Levis, & Scotch and Soda. I'm thinking I may have to size up one since I did football/lifting so I always have to worry fitting into skinny jeans. Hopefully they stretch out a bit around my legs. :X

 

They do stretch but honestly, if you're really worried, try on a pair of 17.5 jeans rather than 15.5 ones. 

post #1435 of 2431

Sorry to change the subject but is anyone interested in some FW '13 stuff i'm selling?

 

-Grey/red oversized flannel in size 38 (Have tags + receipt)

-16.5 cm biker jeans size 30 (Have tags, dust bag, SLP envelope and receipt)

 

PM me if so..

post #1436 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmanairlift View Post
 

 

They do stretch but honestly, if you're really worried, try on a pair of 17.5 jeans rather than 15.5 ones. 

Ya, I think I'd be just fine with 17.5 jeans. 

 

Problem is those damn zipper jeans I want are 15.5 this year! 

Ended up ordering some 15.5 skinny stretch denim jeans in a size 32 and 33 just to try out. They were on sale so I may just end up keeping them if I really love them.

post #1437 of 2431
keep in mind 15.5 / 17.5 cm are the under 31 hem measurements... the hem widens proportionally above 32.. it's better to simply think of the cuts as skinny, slim & straight. for example a SLP skinny size 34 will have a hem closer to 17.5...and the slim in same size will be 18.5/19cm ... bottom line is you should be good if you go TTS unless your calves are overtly muscular..
post #1438 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoove View Post
 

Anyone know where I can find measurements for the Stained denim from last season?

 

I have the measurements for size 29 listed here:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/396962/saint-laurent-paris-aw13-d02-15-5-cm-stained-black-holey-jeans-29

post #1439 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpiral View Post


Wait, is all the pre-fall stuff released that late? LVR has it as Sept 30, Barney's has it at October. YSL.com has it listed as at July 15th. When is the collection actually coming out?

 

The collection comes out whenever. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to it. The Saint Laurent boutiques already have a decent amount of stuff in stock. 

post #1440 of 2431
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanswon View Post
 

 

I have the measurements for size 29 listed here:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/396962/saint-laurent-paris-aw13-d02-15-5-cm-stained-black-holey-jeans-29

I wish I could fit in those. :/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.