or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 947

post #14191 of 14983
Regardless of how the looks are style in the runaway, in my opinion it looks really bad when the layer of clothing beneath a jacket is much longer than the jacket itself, regardless of whether it is a t-shirt, a button up or what have you. Slightly longer is ok. Much longer looks really bad.

Again, this is my opinion. If someone likes that look, go for it.

Another problem in Slann's fit (no disrespect meant to Slann) is that the boots look way too chunky and not proportioned. Which is interesting because I've seen people pulling off those boots with no problem and in some other people they look extremely chunky. Not sure what causes this difference.
post #14192 of 14983
Curious what brands some of you guys prefer for basic tees/hoodies that go well with your SLP denim & boots.
post #14193 of 14983
I like some of apc's tshirts a lot. I also like the margiela "stereotypical" ones ive had.
post #14194 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptspaulding666 View Post

Curious what brands some of you guys prefer for basic tees/hoodies that go well with your SLP denim & boots.

I'm not sure if you were looking for other brand suggestions, but Saint Laurent's own basic silk pocket t shirts and striped t-shirts are pretty much all I wear when it comes to t-shirts. For hoodies it's hard to beat the classic black zip up one from Saint Laurent. Unfortunately it hasn't been available for a while, as I want to pick up at least another one. 


Edited by kieran84 - 10/9/16 at 1:29pm
post #14195 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777 View Post

Tuck it
Un-tuck it
Look in the mirror
Shrug
Just fuck it

I was dressing myself before Hedi and will continue to do so after. The shows are simply an idealized presentation of the clothes; I would take them as no more than a suggestion than gospel. What I think is more important is do you think when you stand in the mirror, "this looks good".


I think this is helpful to those who are already quite skilled in knowing their own proportions and what works for them. If I had to use an analogy, this advice would suit a chef with already 1-2 michelin stars (Hedi, our lord and saviour, of course has 3 stars). The general public should put in more thought because they are less skilled, and we don't want to see more of those ugly creations on instagram and reddit. They use expensive ingredients and automatically think the dish will be good. 

post #14196 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns View Post

They use expensive ingredients and automatically think the dish will be good. 

Amen dude. Realest statement ever. A lot of good insta, but definitely more bad. In my eyes the bad one's are usually the dudes that have every single piece, you can do a lot more and be more meaningful with less.


Edited by cptspaulding666 - 10/9/16 at 3:43pm
post #14197 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptspaulding666 View Post

Curious what brands some of you guys prefer for basic tees/hoodies that go well with your SLP denim & boots.

 

 

Balmain, Saint Laurent and John Elliott U neck.

post #14198 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran84 View Post
 

I'm not sure if you were looking for other brand suggestions, but Saint Laurent's own basic silk pocket t shirts and striped t-shirts are pretty much all I wear when it comes to t-shirts. For hoodies it's hard to beat the classic black zip up one from Saint Laurent. Unfortunately it hasn't been available for a while, as I want to pick up at least another one. 


i second this. i love the faded out grey pocket t, the striped ones and even the plain cotton pocket tees. though i do wear the odd american apparel t that i've had forever.

post #14199 of 14983
Can anyone please post fit pics of chelsea 40 suede??? I am scared of the 40mm heel, i know some people can rock those but i think its more for tall people. I dont know. Thanks!!
post #14200 of 14983
Hello everyone,
was hoping you experts could help me with a legit check. I mean no disrespect if the seller is in this group, I just wanted to make sure I don't get burned. Thanks in advance! [IMG][IMG]


post #14201 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddibakar View Post

Can anyone please post fit pics of chelsea 40 suede??? I am scared of the 40mm heel, i know some people can rock those but i think its more for tall people. I dont know. Thanks!!

 

You're right about height but to be more specific I think it has to do with length of your lower body. The longer and leaner your legs are, the more you're able to wear higher heels without them looking too out of place. You could have your pants stack a little bit to take a bit of attention off the heel if you're subconscious about it. But no shame in the other heel heights and it is not like 40 mm is the end all be all. 

 

Here is an example where the heel height doesn't really work (not Wyatt 40 but he is wearing Blake 45):

 

Same person but lower heel (proportionally, it looks more comfortable and he seems taller than the above even though he probably isn't):


Edited by thorns - 10/9/16 at 7:13pm
post #14202 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddibakar View Post

Can anyone please post fit pics of chelsea 40 suede??? I am scared of the 40mm heel, i know some people can rock those but i think its more for tall people. I dont know. Thanks!!

I'm 5'6 and I have 40mm Wyatt's- I don't feel out of place at all with them on.

post #14203 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns View Post

You're right about height but to be more specific I think it has to do with length of your lower body. The longer and leaner your legs are, the more you're able to wear higher heels without them looking too out of place.
yea, i get what you're saying. Yea, my legs are not as big as GDragon and i am a bit taller. I am 5'8" and i weigh like 122-124 so my legs are lean but I was just worried about how it will look for my height. Thanks for your opinion, appreciate it. However, i still want to see some pictures of people wearing the actual chelsea 40 in suede just to be sure. I've seen people wear harness wyatt 40 but I dont think the look you get from wyatt is the same as chelseas and I cant really find people wearing chelsea 40 so I appreciate anyone who can post a fit pic.
post #14204 of 14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddibakar View Post

yea, i get what you're saying. Yea, my legs are not as big as GDragon and i am a bit taller. I am 5'8" and i weigh like 122-124 so my legs are lean but I was just worried about how it will look for my height. Thanks for your opinion, appreciate it. However, i still want to see some pictures of people wearing the actual chelsea 40 in suede just to be sure. I've seen people wear harness wyatt 40 but I dont think the look you get from wyatt is the same as chelseas and I cant really find people wearing chelsea 40 so I appreciate anyone who can post a fit pic.

I posted a pic of mine a while ago. I'm 5-7 and your weight. They look fine. I have longer legs though.
post #14205 of 14983

Picked these up today, first post here :) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.