Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 946post #14176 of 1565110/8/16 at 8:22pmpost #14177 of 1565110/8/16 at 9:37pm@dddibakar Those leaked pics from a while back had a camo jacket but it had that giant embroidered shark crap on the back. It's already in stores for women. Idk if a men's version is coming soon or not. Staff said the buy book for the upcoming stuff had the shark plastered on a lot of items
As for the shirt tucking, on the runway we saw Hedi style the leather jackets and Blazers with both tucked and untucked shirts. Tbh I thought both ways looked great depending on the vibe you were going for with the outfit.post #14178 of 1565110/8/16 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by kieran84
Adamdraps, the only sensible option is to taper the D01. I've seen many staff members that have done this and got great results from it.
On more muscular types wearing Saint Laurent, I'd personally buy t-shirts and knitwear as they are less rigid and have some give (unlike shirts), and classic tailoring such as cabans, Chesterfields, and blazers, as those are all made in a way that can be easily tailored in the waist.Quote:Originally Posted by onlyslp
I remember an SA telling me this about SLP denims:
Just think of D02 as a pair of tailored D01 and D01 as a pair of skinny straight jeans
If the D02 fit doesn't work for you, go for the D01 and tailor them to fit yourself.
So I would say, don't size up on D02, go for D01 in the right size and tailor them
if you can't even put on D01 in your size, then you probably shouldn't be wearing D02 or D01 lolQuote:
Thank for the responses
I should of added that I'm 5'10 at 135-138 pounds with a 28 inch waist.
Here's the D01 in my true size.post #14179 of 1565110/8/16 at 9:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by cptspaulding666
Coming from a guy that weight trains this is my take on the subject. If I bought pants according to my actual waist size I'd have problems with tightness in the legs too. I personally get pants with enough room to fit both my hands in the waist no problem, regardless if they're SLP, skinny, etc. (raw denim is a different story) and I'm good. That's means I'm always looking for a pair that's 18" because that's what I find most comfortable regardless if it's composed of stretch material or not, even though I really have a 16.5" waist. Everyone's idea of how your pants should fit in the waist is a subjective thing because it's all preference maybe you're taking your waist size too literally. What may be tight to you may be average fitting to another person's preference.
So what you're saying is go one size up in the waist?post #14180 of 1565110/8/16 at 10:01pmpost #14181 of 1565110/8/16 at 10:29pm
^ wow. lmao...1st off...yeah because if it's not exactly how it's worn on the runway it doesn't look good.
2nd...you're completely wrong anyways lmaoo
but good job completely talking out your ass
stop trying to give people rules on how they want to look...its so stupid.
there's a whole lot more examples too.
it actually makes no sense that shirts have to be tucked in to wear a biker jacket on...thats like the exact opposite attitude of the biker jacketpost #14182 of 1565110/8/16 at 10:29pmpost #14183 of 1565110/8/16 at 10:39pmpost #14184 of 1565110/8/16 at 11:03pmpost #14185 of 1565110/8/16 at 11:28pmQuote:
You seem like a nice fellow
On the topic of untucked shirts and jackets- I think it really only works with the more classic DR's. Slann's jacket is too attention grabbing and I think it would look better with more plain pieces. I only like the first two runway pics posted, everything else looks busy for my tastespost #14186 of 1565110/9/16 at 1:05am
These two looks from fw13 featured the short jacket + untucked shirt style:
- the extra layers and items makes the constrast between the short jacket and longer length shirt less obvious (the lines are more blurred)
- the divide between the different lengths of the items are less striking and all the items just mesh together visually
- the ochre boots also brings some attention away from the top so the red shirt feels less intense
- because there is only the jacket and the shirt, both are very distinctive
- the shorter length of the shirt helps maintain the overall balance
- Hedi also balances the "loud" jacket with "loud" boots so the look is more harmonious (if the model wore black boots then all the attention will go to the jacket and it would feel very visually striking)
After looking through the different runways it seems like untucked shirts were found in fw13 and ss16 only and both seasons were a bit grungy, with the former being more glam and the latter more trashy.
Edited by thorns - 10/9/16 at 1:30ampost #14187 of 1565110/9/16 at 2:50ampost #14188 of 1565110/9/16 at 3:11amTuck it
Look in the mirror
Just fuck it
I was dressing myself before Hedi and will continue to do so after. The shows are simply an idealized presentation of the clothes; I would take them as no more than a suggestion than gospel. What I think is more important is do you think when you stand in the mirror, "this looks good".post #14189 of 1565110/9/16 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by scanner
the wool oversized shirt and the jacket are great on their own, but together it doesn't work. Believe me, i've tried with that plaid wool shirt, but it's thick enough to be an outerwear / jacket piece on its own. IMO SL Leathers rarely look good with button ups unless they are tucked in or near the hip.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try different styling next time and post results there, as it might be an interesting discussion.post #14190 of 1565110/9/16 at 7:24am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 18 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 19 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 27 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 42 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 48 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...