Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 902post #13516 of 144828/24/16 at 3:36pmpost #13517 of 144828/24/16 at 4:45pmQuote:
Called the store and they said that it is their policy not to sell returned items and that it is likely from a customer trying them on, so no big deal. I'll just keep it. I was initially a little worried that it may be a return, since working in the medical field, I am pretty well aware about how bad some people's foot hygiene is!post #13518 of 144828/24/16 at 6:11pmpost #13519 of 144828/24/16 at 7:26pm
I definitely am. They go pretty well with black jeans. If anybody is still looking for them, go to http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-signature-wyatt-40-zipped-boot-in-dark-gold-grained-metallic-leather_cod44970088hx.html and select "Find it in a store." They are available in most sizes in NYC and Rodeo Drive if you call the boutiques themselves.post #13520 of 144828/24/16 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gabujabu
Is it typical for items you order from a store to have some mild wear and tear on them? I ordered the Gold Wyatt chelseas from SS16 in size 40 from the Rodeo Drive store, since they were out of stock elsewhere, to be shipped to Pennsylvania. However, they have clearly shown some use, making me wonder if they were previously returned. I do wish they would have at least informed me about this before sending them. It would be one thing if it was a sale, but I did pay full price for them.
The wear on the sole is honestly nothing. The bottom layer will be gone after one wear outside, and if you are topying they will sand it gone anyways. Be more focused on checking the leather and zipper for damage. Some pairs have zippers that get stuck on extra fabric and such.post #13521 of 144828/24/16 at 9:03pmpost #13522 of 144828/25/16 at 5:49ampost #13523 of 144828/25/16 at 9:42amQuote:Quote:Since you're 171 cm, I'm guessing you get all your ysl jeans hemmed right?
Isn't it an insane amount that you have to cut out? Last time I tried ysl jeans I figured I would have to cut out like 10cm...
Bump.post #13524 of 144828/25/16 at 9:52ampost #13525 of 144828/25/16 at 11:54ampost #13526 of 144828/25/16 at 11:55ampost #13527 of 144828/25/16 at 12:00pmI think it's a lost cause. If you're shorter than 5'10", the rips will start sitting low, assuming you don't have extremely long thighs and stubby chins. If one hems them, this might even be accentuated, in that, you'll have rips right along mid calf, and your knees will be pristine. Maybe attacked my small animals.post #13528 of 144828/25/16 at 12:16pm
Could anyone advise me regarding D02 sizing ?
My waist is 77 cm and I've been wondering if I should size down to 30 or stick to 31 ?
It would probably be for the best if I could try them on in store but sadly there aren't any close to where I live.
Also, are D02's any good with shoes other than Jodhpurs ? Do they stack above feet ? 34" is pretty long for a 5'11 guy and I'm afraid they might look silly on me.post #13529 of 144828/25/16 at 12:34pmpost #13530 of 144828/25/16 at 1:10pm@SirGrotius lol good one!
@volchok didn't we discuss this hemming issue (to death) a few months back? If you have to cut off that much, then that's what you should do. Maybe you can keep the excess denim for patches or something. Knee placement isn't really going to change with hemming, though it may draw more scrutiny without any stacking, as SirGrotius mentioned.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Alden #8 Shell Cordovan and Alpine Grain Saddle Oxfords Size 10.5E... 4 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 15 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Vass R Last Scotch Grain Size 45 Used 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...