With black jeans and tan boots it would be fine (this is often seen on the runway), but with blue and tan boots it wouldn't look right. Just don't wear it with that combination (even in this case, beltless would actually look better than any matching alternative in my opinion). Truth is, if you limit yourself to only buying items that go with everything, then you'll never build a decent wardrobe.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 892post #13367 of 156288/14/16 at 11:45am
a suede jacket is the single piece that i don't have from SL. i think i prefer the tan version from a few seasons past, but the fit on this was perfect for me. plus it references western wear in a not so literal way, which i like. it's just not a super talked about piece. anyone else have any thoughts?
re: watches. i wear a small omega planet ocean and swapped out the strap for a leather croc one. another key thing about wearing a watch with SL i think is a black face. keeps it understated and cool. i don't think mine is incongruous with the whole SL look, esp how i only wear it with mostly black and a blazer. and jewelry is sometimes the best way to add a bit of your own thing into an otherwise pretty standard uniform around here. this latest photo of hedi is not a cartier tank.
i really want that fucking blazer too. tried it on to get a sense of the new 70s fit and loved it. blazers are my favourite piece of clothing to wear. but i don't need 4 plain black blazers haha. who am i kidding. ill probably get it.
Edited by therattler - 8/14/16 at 12:30pmpost #13368 of 156288/14/16 at 12:49pm
Is the tan one the same one that was on SSENSE a while back? That looked like a really nice jacket, but I prefer the colour of the one you've posted - would look great with a crisp white shirt, black / indigo raw jeans and black boots.
By the way, I forgot to reply on the black low top trainers - I tried them again yesterday, and I really like them. The gold lettering that shows just a little, the shape, the small bow that you have to tie them with - awesome. With a striped t-shirt or casual knitwear they look great. These will be my only venture into trainers though I think (I do kind of like the Vans authentic and slip on lookalikes, but I might as well just get Vans if I want some).
Edited by kieran84 - 8/14/16 at 1:00pmpost #13369 of 156288/14/16 at 1:57pmpost #13370 of 156288/14/16 at 3:06pmpost #13371 of 156288/14/16 at 5:19pmpost #13372 of 156288/14/16 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by onlyslp
Ya the thing is I don't know if I can't see myself wearing the 3 passant belt other than when I'm wearing my black boots.
What's your opinion on the 3 passant belt and cigar suede boots? I know if I'm wearing black jeans then it would probably look fine, I'm thinking more of a combination of 3 passant belt, light washed blue jeans, and cigar suede boots. Not sure how that would turn out
I've been doing it and it looks fine. I used to be concerned about matching my belt to shoes but fuck it - it's definitely a great pick up, gets lots of compliments whether I'm wearing it with jeans or a suitQuote:
cigarettespost #13373 of 156288/14/16 at 6:18pmrattler - a small, black-face PO sounds like a great watch to pair with SLP. I owned but later returned the suede "Hedi" jacket in black. The fit was spot on, but suede was difficult to pull off in my wardrobe. I also was pretty nervous with it, since I didn't want to ruin the suede, so ended up returning it to avoid the hassle.
Finally, you can't really beat the slim, black blazers. Maybe to mix it up pick up one of the new charcoal ones. I rotate those in pretty seamlessly, and they give a versatile and interesting look. Black is always cooler though in my book.post #13374 of 156288/14/16 at 9:10pmpost #13375 of 156288/14/16 at 9:13pmQuote:
Should probably match your colognes with the way you look and your personality more than your outfitpost #13376 of 156288/14/16 at 9:46pmpost #13377 of 156288/15/16 at 3:49amAs far as suede jackets go, I really love my black Hedi jacket, and think it's the best suede they ever did. But the aviator jacket is a close second. Of course suede is pretty delicate, but it looks great and gives a nice break from leather all the time. I've gotten a ton of compliments on that Hedi jacket.
As far as wearing a black belt with blue jeans and cigar boots, I don't really see the problem, especially if the top-half is black. A brown belt wouldn't match the boots anyway, and I don't think a tan belt would look very good. I generally disregard the rule unless I'm wearing dark brown shoes, which is very rare.
@GeneralNegative sure, I can post some. Do you just want close-ups of the belt or fit pics?post #13378 of 156288/15/16 at 4:27ampost #13379 of 156288/15/16 at 7:13amQuote:
I could be wrong, but im pretty sure hedi had something to do with some of the Dior Homme scents. I think he did one called energy, but it sucks. And then I think I read somewhere he was involved in Dior Homme Cologne--which is pretty fresh and nice. In any event just pick something you like man. it's good to do your own thing whenever possible.post #13380 of 156288/15/16 at 8:36am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 15 seconds ago
- › VASS Balmoral Boots, F Last, Black Calf, Size 44 EU, Shoe Trees,... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...