i love mine. will be a wardrobe staple for years to come. it's also one of the few pieces that always gets compliments.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 871post #13052 of 149767/26/16 at 7:43am
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I often have a read through this forum and it seems you guys know what you're talking about.
I'm wanting to add a protective layer to the sole of my jodhpurs and my western wyatts. Both my black and nut harness wyatts wore a hole in and I got them resoled, however you lose the SLP logo underneath and I also find the heel is never quite right when they've been resoled.
So I'm wondering if anyone has a trusted/recommend cobbler in London (preferably central or north) and what I should ask for (vibram/toppy)?
Thank you in advance.post #13053 of 149767/26/16 at 8:10ampost #13054 of 149767/26/16 at 8:58ampost #13055 of 149767/26/16 at 11:29ampost #13056 of 149767/26/16 at 1:40pmCould someone in NYC recommend a trusted cobbler who could add a topy/vibram layer with a short turn around time? Additionally, what is a good price to pay to add a topy/vibram layer to protect the sole? I checked Leather Spa years ago and they seemed pretty expensive at the time considering that my most expensive pair of shoes cost around $400 back then.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by Denim_Connoisseur - 7/26/16 at 10:00pmpost #13057 of 149767/26/16 at 2:21pmpost #13058 of 149767/26/16 at 2:32pmpost #13059 of 149767/26/16 at 4:13pmpost #13060 of 149767/26/16 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Denim_Connoisseur
Could someone in NYC recommend a trusted cobbler who add a topy/vibram layer with a short turn around time? Additionally, what is a good price to pay to add a topy/vibram layer to protect the sole? I checked Leather Spa years ago and they seemed pretty expensive at the time considering that my most expensive pair of shoes cost around $400 back then.
Thanks in advance!
I use Romano on 8th Ave. Good work and okay price: $40.post #13061 of 149767/26/16 at 10:02pmpost #13062 of 149767/27/16 at 3:45amFinally got around to snapping a pic of my new corduroy blazer. Fit is excellent, really slim in the arms and body. The suede elbow patches are a nice touch. Don't know how much you can really layer under it, but shirts and fine knit sweaters shouldn't be any problem, which is how I'll primarily be wearing mine. I think it's a great all-around piece. It's hard to properly capture the texture, as it's quite subtle. I actually have the corduroy D02s as well, though it's obviously advisable to wear the two on seperate occasions.
Also, I grabbed the summer issue of Wonderland today, as there's a short feature on Hedi's time at Saint Laurent. It consists of recollections from a few of his models (Julia Cumming, Lili Sumner, Paul Lemaire, etc.) plus new photographs of couture pieces from FW16. I can post some pics if anyone is interested.
Edited by Isolar - 7/27/16 at 4:32ampost #13063 of 149767/27/16 at 8:58amLooks great Isolar! Good ensemble.
On another note, does anyone have experience with the leather backpacks? I have the classic, black canvas one. I love the shape, size, and discreetness. I was thinking about mixing it up with the anthracite grey leather on the web store, but not sure if leather backpacks hold up well, and look okay, yada yada.post #13064 of 149767/27/16 at 10:22ampost #13065 of 149767/27/16 at 10:57am
only one size left here:
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 23 seconds ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway