or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 863

post #12931 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmurphy View Post

I bought these from Amazon.  It's more stiff than the actual tassels on the L17, but did the job for me and has softened over time.  The same company offers a suede lace that might drape closer to the actual L17 tassel.

Photo if it helps at all: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Thanks man.. Awesome. Maybe I'll just buy the 50 foot and cut accordingly, maybe even just slightly longer wink.gif

Did you get that one in the link? Got any pics in full length?
post #12932 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran84 View Post

LVR are mid waisted not D02 by the looks.

Are they? Says low rise?
post #12933 of 15043

I think they might well be low waisted actually, but the description before said mid waist and looks like it's been updated recently.

post #12934 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran84 View Post

I think they might well be low waisted actually, but the description before said mid waist and looks like it's been updated recently.

Agreed. I remember it saying mid also. But it also says 2% elastane which is what was used in the aw15 mid waist. but then changed in SS16 to poly as the d02
Edited by LA4Lyfe - 7/19/16 at 2:28am
post #12935 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4Lyfe View Post


Thanks man.. Awesome. Maybe I'll just buy the 50 foot and cut accordingly, maybe even just slightly longer wink.gif

Did you get that one in the link? Got any pics in full length?

Yeah, that's the exact one I purchased, still had plenty left over with the 12 ft.

 

I know a couple of people that took the tassels out on the L17 which is funny, because it's one of my favorite features of the jacket.

 

And sure thing!  Here you go.  I threw them on the fw14 Studded Biker:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #12936 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmurphy View Post

Yeah, that's the exact one I purchased, still had plenty left over with the 12 ft.

I know a couple of people that took the tassels out on the L17 which is funny, because it's one of my favorite features of the jacket.

And sure thing!  Here you go.  I threw them on the fw14 Studded Biker: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nice. Will maybe do same to mine as well (studded)

Good looking out kp and neon
man tassel is my favorite feature also.. Must
post #12937 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4Lyfe View Post


Agreed. I remember it saying mid also. But it also says 2% elastane which is what was used in the aw15 mid waist, but then changed in SS16 to poly as the d02

 

I think the mid waist are $525 and the one I posted are $490

also, the mid waist have silver hardware instead of bronze if I remember correctly

post #12938 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyslp View Post

I think the mid waist are $525 and the one I posted are $490
also, the mid waist have silver hardware instead of bronze if I remember correctly

Yeah saw that.. Was thinking it was an error on their party though. I'm down for one if it's mid waist
post #12939 of 15043

got to bond street on my lunchbreak and got a good look at a bunch of new stuff. tried on the red velvet western shirt. very cool, but I had to size up to a large, and I'm normally a small - it was super tight in the arms and the chest. the red velvet is pretty striking in person, though it's definitely not something you could get much wear out of. and  im really glad I didn't preorder anything, because the sizing would be totally wrong.

 

tried on the guitar leather jacket. leather is nice and soft, and it fits like all of the other ones. I wouldn't get it unless you already have an L01/17 and love the palladium collection.

 

neon was right about the destroyed black jeans. they've been restocked and the distressing is much more subtle than before. there isn't even a blowout, and one of the legs only has a few abrasions - it's almost like a more distressed version of the aw13 oil stains. I think i'll buy very soon for sure.

 

the new 60mm Chelsea side zips are not for me. the French boots were awesome, though not to my taste, but these don't make any sense, and look off to me. I don't think they're sleek enough to pull off the high heel. they told me they aren't expecting any more shipments of the 40mm side zips which is disappointing cause my size isn't available online. as I was talking to one of the SAs just before I left, a dude came in and picked up a pair of the gold devons, he didn't try them on, but did take them out of the box. they looked pretty cool. quite yellow, and a black heel. I would've liked to see them on.

post #12940 of 15043
Any photos of the black destroyed?
post #12941 of 15043
post #12942 of 15043

those are the 40s. the 60s come in silver and black calf, but I don't see them on the website - they must not have bought them. no pics until I buy them, but maybe @neonrider can post a couple.

post #12943 of 15043
Also, has anyone handled these in person?

post #12944 of 15043
Quote:
Originally Posted by therattler View Post
 

got to bond street on my lunchbreak and got a good look at a bunch of new stuff. tried on the red velvet western shirt. very cool, but I had to size up to a large, and I'm normally a small - it was super tight in the arms and the chest. the red velvet is pretty striking in person, though it's definitely not something you could get much wear out of. and  im really glad I didn't preorder anything, because the sizing would be totally wrong.

 

tried on the guitar leather jacket. leather is nice and soft, and it fits like all of the other ones. I wouldn't get it unless you already have an L01/17 and love the palladium collection.

 

neon was right about the destroyed black jeans. they've been restocked and the distressing is much more subtle than before. there isn't even a blowout, and one of the legs only has a few abrasions - it's almost like a more distressed version of the aw13 oil stains. I think i'll buy very soon for sure.

 

the new 60mm Chelsea side zips are not for me. the French boots were awesome, though not to my taste, but these don't make any sense, and look off to me. I don't think they're sleek enough to pull off the high heel. they told me they aren't expecting any more shipments of the 40mm side zips which is disappointing cause my size isn't available online. as I was talking to one of the SAs just before I left, a dude came in and picked up a pair of the gold devons, he didn't try them on, but did take them out of the box. they looked pretty cool. quite yellow, and a black heel. I would've liked to see them on.


I received the guitar leather jacket I ordered from the online store today - really disappointing, I'll be sending it straight back; the arms and shoulders seem rather loose on me and this is a size 44! the leather is really nice and soft like you say but the fit is just not what I was expecting. 

 

Did you get a look at the Devon boot in brown/black snake skin? those looked really cool in the show.

post #12945 of 15043

no haven't seen the devon, other than the gold. as far as I know, neither the brown or black snake has been received. when the black comes in, they boutique will give me a call.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.