Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 860post #12887 of 149507/17/16 at 3:28amThanks for the praise, guys!
Is anyone else getting really sick of the video on the YSL homepage? "I love Saint Laurent.... I love... Saint Laurent... Saint Laurent... Love love love... Saint Laurent." Hedi's campaign videos always felt so fresh and iconic, this just feels tired and faceless.
Edited by Isolar - 7/17/16 at 3:51ampost #12888 of 149507/17/16 at 3:28amQuote:
If you ask me last year, I would say yes but I start noticing it more people wearing it again recently. After all it's not something that you wear often anyway. As cool as it looks, it's never really that comfortable to wear.post #12889 of 149507/17/16 at 3:36ampost #12890 of 149507/17/16 at 5:03ampost #12891 of 149507/17/16 at 9:26ampost #12892 of 149507/17/16 at 9:57ampost #12893 of 149507/17/16 at 11:08am
@slann01 i think i read on here that ysl bought a pendleton mill or something for the aw13 flannels? can you confirm this? or where did you get this info? I've found a vintage pendleton flannel in my family tartan randomly, which i'll buy if the measurements are correct.
scanner, i felt the same way about the denim jacket sleeves, but after a number of wears, its broken in really nicely and i think the fit is great. i do have to turn up the sleeves a touch. but i don't mind. i probably wear it more than either of my leathers.
new video is a joke. gf saw it and started laughing out loud. she works at a serious fashion magazine, and the inside scoop is everybody is over ysl already. no real interest in the final womens seasons. obviously there will be the odd editorial, but nobody cares - to the extent that it seems anything branded ysl is uncool (accessories etc). i feel the same way. thankfully the menswear never has any of the branding.post #12894 of 149507/17/16 at 11:22amyou know what's not played out? giant vetements sweatshirts! maybe you guys should try those, you'll look totally instagram approved
doubt the flannels are pendleton origin, pendleton mills wayyyy coarser. my pendleton shirts are totally unwearable, they give me hives
the new homepage is really an embarrassment, talk about getting it wrong, calvin klein wasn't even interesting the first time aroundpost #12895 of 149507/17/16 at 11:44am
Agreed Rattler.. Even the SA's I work with, that Hedi himself picked, won't sell me the obvious SLP branded items and showing me the most minimal unbranded items. Also, the stores seem to be going through an identity crisis. The new music playing is all berlin techno and super fashioney runway stuff.. pretty annoying and feels like you're shopping at bloomingdales.post #12896 of 149507/17/16 at 11:45am
that's what i thought neon. but dude we're way beyond oversize vetements hoodies. gotta get on that balenciaga enormous suits and square toed shoes obviously.
i haven't been in the boutiques lately. I'm scared of the shit music. that was the one thing that i really loved about being there was the awesome music. it is a shame that its over. but i stand by what i said, when i said that I'm glad people think things are played out. we'll start to see way less wyatts and bad biker denim outfits, and those of us who stick with it will be all the more cool for it or something.post #12897 of 149507/17/16 at 11:53amQuote:but i stand by what i said, when i said that I'm glad people think things are played out. we'll start to see way less wyatts and bad biker denim outfits, and those of us who stick with it will be all the more cool for it or something.
A well-known stylist I know mentioned something along the lines of ' Fuck.. I need to get as much mileage out of my SLP items before summers over'
Kind of sucks to hear stuff like that but you know what, i don't give a fuck.. thankfully Hedi made some pretty low key timeless items. Some items might look dated but I think if you're into the look, you'll just wear it regardless. It's not like Hedi invented the Jodhpur or harness boots or biker jackets. I'll still buy up as much as I can and hope I can continue wearing it.. i'm not in it for the fad or trend.
I just hope Vacarello changes the design of everything completelypost #12898 of 149507/17/16 at 12:04pm
I'm not concerned as most of what I have is pretty much new versions of what I've been wearing for the last 12 years, and will still be wearing in years to come. The only branded item I have is the museum briefcase, which is pretty minimal, and I couldn't care less if somebody thinks I'm not cool because I have a Saint Laurent bag (in fact I'm going to buy another one for future use). I bought what I have based on the fact that I like it, not because Saint Laurent was considered to be cool, and I trust my own judgement a lot more than that of fashion writers etc.post #12899 of 149507/17/16 at 12:10pmpost #12900 of 149507/17/16 at 12:14pm
Also, I'm glad that many people will maybe be moving on, as all the popularity had become pretty revolting. I mean, the kind of pictures below make me want to burn my own collection:
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 45 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway