I agree... For me LA lamb is great, much easier to wear all year round. But the calf is a perfect OG take on Moto
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 848post #12706 of 162477/6/16 at 11:51pmpost #12707 of 162477/7/16 at 4:20am
Just ordered the cropped Jodhpur in cigar suede. Looking forward to getting these. I tried them on in the SLP store here and they fit TTS but the price was exuberant. They charge the equivalent of 1075 dollars in this region, while everyone can easily get them online. I guess it's their loss.
I think this will be pretty much my last purchase from SLP. Not keen on spending money on either the shuffle from 'Hedi's team' nor Vaccarello's new era. I don't have anything against the latter but I think he will do pretty much the same as what Kris Van Assche did to Dior Homme, i.e.screw the label completely. The only pieces from DH that are worthwhile buying are timeless classics from Hedi's legacy (skinny jeans with the typical incisions on the back pockets, the embroidered bee polo, and the absolutely fantastic cardigan). Kris even managed to screw up the sneakers line, which is quite difficult to do. It's sad to see that the brand didn't do anything extraordinary since 2007. Raf Simons at least did some nice stuff on the women's wear side before he got burned out.
Fun facts: The embroidered bee in DH is the french symbol for royalty. Before France became a republic a few hundred years ago, its kings used to wear very long white fur capes with hundreds of bees embroidered on it. When Hedi came on board, the first two things he did was (a) introducing the 'Dior Homme' name for menswear (he has a thing for re-branding and taking control) and (b) introducing that bee in almost anything in RTW. He however never used the DH acronym to my knowledge. He kept using CD on bags and footwear amongst others. The sales associates at the huge Dior store in my city did not know any of this.
Apologies for talking about DH in this thread but it was more to showcase Hedi's witty take on fashion, rather than anything else.post #12708 of 162477/7/16 at 5:19ampost #12709 of 162477/7/16 at 5:37ampost #12710 of 162477/7/16 at 7:03ampost #12711 of 162477/7/16 at 7:28amQuote:
I had posted a picture of it on Page 830 of this thread. It is the calf leather L01 in size 44. When I get a chance and there is decent lighting, I can post additional pictures, since there was another request for them as well.post #12712 of 162477/7/16 at 8:25am
Just noticed this online. The shark stuff we saw pictures is already on the website for women?
Fall winter part 2?
Wonder if mens will get a part 2?post #12713 of 162477/7/16 at 9:42ampost #12714 of 162477/7/16 at 10:10ampost #12715 of 162477/7/16 at 11:08ampost #12716 of 162477/7/16 at 1:20pmpost #12717 of 162477/7/16 at 1:34pmpost #12718 of 162477/7/16 at 1:36pmpost #12719 of 162477/7/16 at 1:39pmpost #12720 of 162477/7/16 at 1:53pm
Had snapped a shot of my jacket a while ago to show off here (sorry for the awkward crop; you don't want to see my messy house and face!)
spring summer 2015 leather jackets featured on the runway were made of calf and I think mine is wearing in nicely - took this next to a window to get those highlights)
With all the talk of the new calf L01 thought it might be of interest...nice to have some more pictures at least.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 17 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Tricker's Navy Stow Boots Red Dainite Soles 10 UK equals 11 US 5 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...