or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 846

post #12676 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus6 View Post
 

Need some sizing advice.. About to buy a pair of SL01/H.

 

I Have a pair of SL01/L in 41 which fit a little bit big. I wear 40 / 40,5 in Crop Jodhpur and 40 in SL10/H.

 

what would you guys recommend? A 40 or a 41?

TRUE.

 

Down .5 for lows

post #12677 of 15023

does anyone alter any knitwear? I've had the breton stripe sweater for awhile now and i rarely wear it because it fits perfect in the body, but the sleeves are a bit too wide. kieran?

post #12678 of 15023

.


Edited by cptspaulding666 - 7/8/16 at 9:33pm
post #12679 of 15023
@cptspaulding666 there is an incredible amount of variability between sizing on different washes of D02's in the same size. When buying used your best bet is to ask for measurements because tag size isn't too helpful. I'm anywhere between a 32 and 36 in various pairs. It's crazy.
post #12680 of 15023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEDI SLIMANE

post #12681 of 15023

@niyengar That's crazy, well I hope these destroyed blue fit a bit looser then the cords I tried on.The thighs and waist look very generous at least.

post #12682 of 15023

Guys, I just found this shirt here in my size on sale.

Does anyone have it? Is it really oversized as described on ysl.com?

Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles?

I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites).

If someone has it, please advise!

 

post #12683 of 15023
Does anyone treat their leather jackets with a protectant spray? Would you recommend doing so?
post #12684 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedictorian View Post
 

Guys, I just found this shirt here in my size on sale.

Does anyone have it? Is it really oversized as described on ysl.com?

Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles?

I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites).

If someone has it, please advise!

 


It doesn't fit oversized at all, it's TTS. It comes slightly 'cooked' / baked in.. i'm sure you can wrinkle it out but whats the point? it's not a dress shirt. 

 

 

I picked up some of the new D02 washed denim and they are really great. My favorite to date. Super skinny and not too long, very versatile. The new shoes as well are very slim and modern. Passed on the devon but all the greatest hits are slightly tweaked to go with the jeans. Some of the pre-collection jackets I was not a fan of but I'm loving the new versions of classics - L01 Calf / L17 in thick lamb and a washed Calf / even the re-iterations from past seasons in thin lamb have gotten a thicker lamb update. Dare I say, I'm actually kind of excited to see what SS17 will bring to the table. 

post #12685 of 15023

Thanks for your input. Really valuable to know it is TTS.

 

We have casual Thursdays at work (weekend in this region is Friday and Saturday) but my colleagues are quite judgemental and most of them would be quick to tell me that I 'forgot to iron' my shirt. It is a lousy but a valid argument, especially considering the fact that if you work in investment banking, people generally do not understand the kind of fashion that Hedi puts out.

For them, luxury fashion is more leaning towards stupid brands like Brioni and Ferragamo. Hence the question on the wrinkles!

post #12686 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedictorian View Post
 

Thanks for your input. Really valuable to know it is TTS.

 

We have casual Thursdays at work (weekend in this region is Friday and Saturday) but my colleagues are quite judgemental and most of them would be quick to tell me that I 'forgot to iron' my shirt. It is a lousy but a valid argument, especially considering the fact that if you work in investment banking, people generally do not understand the kind of fashion that Hedi puts out.

For them, luxury fashion is more leaning towards stupid brands like Brioni and Ferragamo. Hence the question on the wrinkles!


I don't think I would wear a shirt like that at an investment banking establishment, casual day or not, regardless of brand, and I say this as a professional musician. Then again, I'm not sure how people view plaid / flannel patterns in other parts of the world, but in the USA, even people here are quick to call it workwear or grunge or something  an Oakie would wear. 

post #12687 of 15023
Yeah, I know that Wall Street and Canary Wharf are a bit more subtle, but because Dubai is viewed as kind of fashion hub in the Middle East, people don't raise eyebrows too quickly, especially on Thursdays.
Plus I wear most of my SLP gear on Thursdays (or when I work on weekends at the office), but I try to avoid comments so I won't go with a printed t-shirt for example.

I need to think about the shirt. If anybody else is interested, it's at nugnes1920.it in size 38.
post #12688 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedictorian View Post

Guys, I just found this shirt here in my size on sale.
Does anyone have it? Is it really oversized as described on ysl.com?
Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles?
I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites).
If someone has it, please advise!



I disagree with the previous assessment, it does fit oversize (its how its supposed to fit). If you want it to look like a normal "slim fit" shirt than I would recommend going down a size. As a reference I'm almost always a 39 but went down to 38 in this shirt when I tried it on.
post #12689 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedictorian View Post
 

Guys, I just found this shirt here in my size on sale.

Does anyone have it? Is it really oversized as described on ysl.com?

Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles?

I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites).

If someone has it, please advise!

 

I have the shirt in a 40 which is slightly larger than my normal 39 that i wear.. some of the surf and sound shirts fit different. This in particular has a herringbone weave and is slightly thicker than the bleached distressed flannels. It has a softer texture and a slight ripple texture but I would not say wrinkled. 

post #12690 of 15023
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedictorian View Post

By the way: I will never buy shoes with cemented soles ever again!

 

Especially for 400€. Cemented shoes at that price point should not exist, there's no excuse for it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.