or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 837

post #12541 of 14965

what? mid season just passed mate

post #12542 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp123 View Post
 

what? mid season just passed mate

Oooh. Your right. 

 

That hurt SLP. They never activated the sale section on the Irish portion of the website. Must have been an IT error as "Sales" was on the french version. Whoopsies, missed out on that big time!

 

http://www.ysl.com/ie/shop-product/men/sale_section

 

Poo. Off to buy JBrand jeans so.

post #12543 of 14965
Quick question.

Recently I bought some ysl jeans,size 30 and they were literally the longest jeans I have ever tried on. Suffice to say I had to return them.

I'm 1.74 cm...is there a size that will fit me right without excessive stacking or are ysl jeans meant only for 1.85 cm models?
post #12544 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post

Quick question.

Recently I bought some ysl jeans,size 30 and they were literally the longest jeans I have ever tried on. Suffice to say I had to return them.

I'm 1.74 cm...is there a size that will fit me right without excessive stacking or are ysl jeans meant only for 1.85 cm models?
they're long so that they fit everyone... Get them hemmed
post #12545 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post

Quick question.

Recently I bought some ysl jeans,size 30 and they were literally the longest jeans I have ever tried on. Suffice to say I had to return them.

I'm 1.74 cm...is there a size that will fit me right without excessive stacking or are ysl jeans meant only for 1.85 cm models?
I'm 5,7 and I wear them just fine go to a tailor and get them taken up to the length you want.
post #12546 of 14965

i'm 172cm and i have to get ALL my pants tailored doesn't matter who it's from, i think standard length is like 33" and i have to get at least 5-6" taken up lol

post #12547 of 14965

170cm, every pair of jeans I buy has to be tailored. :/ Just get them hemmed. It even expands your range with more SLP jeans, if there's a pair you like but perhaps they have raw hems and that's not your style you can get them taken up and fitted.

post #12548 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent View Post

I'm 5,7 and I wear them just fine go to a tailor and get them taken up to the length you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp123 View Post

i'm 172cm and i have to get ALL my pants tailored doesn't matter who it's from, i think standard length is like 33" and i have to get at least 5-6" taken up lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFashion View Post

170cm, every pair of jeans I buy has to be tailored. :/ Just get them hemmed. It even expands your range with more SLP jeans, if there's a pair you like but perhaps they have raw hems and that's not your style you can get them taken up and fitted.

Thanks for replies guys.

Unfortunately I think it would be ridiculous to spend 350€ on a pair of jeans only to have to cut like a third of the length. Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

they're long so that they fit everyone... Get them hemmed

This is the most ridiculous argument ever. If they wanted their jeans to fit everyone they would simply make different sizes with different inseams, 30", 32" and 34"
post #12549 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post




Thanks for replies guys.

Unfortunately I think it would be ridiculous to spend 350€ on a pair of jeans only to have to cut like a third of the length. Doesn't make sense to me.
This is the most ridiculous argument ever. If they wanted their jeans to fit everyone they would simply make different sizes with different inseams, 30", 32" and 34"

It's easier for them not to do that. If every pair of jeans has that 34" length, then they don't have to worry about certain inseam lengths not selling well.

 

It's really not a big deal to get your pants hemmed...

post #12550 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post

Unfortunately I think it would be ridiculous to spend 350€ on a pair of jeans only to have to cut like a third of the length. Doesn't make sense to me

This is the most ridiculous argument ever. If they wanted their jeans to fit everyone they would simply make different sizes with different inseams, 30", 32" and 34"

 

It's normal to alter clothes, everyone has to do it. Aren't you paying 350 for the brand and design? If you want to buy raw fabric go to fabric store.

 

It's not an argument, why would they produce so many different inseams, it's not necessary and just adds to costs, time, production. Then the jeans will be 500EUR instead.

 

You look at $1500 Italian cashmere trousers they will have RAW HEM even are you gonna wear them like that? cause you don't wanna 'waste' money?

post #12551 of 14965
tried on the new raw hem d10s today. They fit perfectly in a 28 for me, which some people may think is sizing down but whatever. I'll definitely pick up a pair soon.

Staff mentioned to me that they think that this may be the last season that they will carry the L01. Apparently they just got a huge restock that they think is strange. But SAs don't always know what's up. But anyway could prove a useful heads up if anyone is on the fence.

A friend who buys for a pretty big online retailer let me know his impressions of the ss17 stuff. those photos are just the loud stuff. A lot of the other items are conventional things, with a few tweaks. He seems to think that most of it will sell well, and that there will definitely be stuff for me. But more interestingly is that there will be a small number of vaccarello items so that the transition won't seem as severe.
post #12552 of 14965

Jeans are made with a long hem because they expect you to buy in store where they usually offer complementary tailoring. Definitely in stores like Acne, Frame, I know SLP offers it too (not sure if complimentary) that's one thing you can't take advantage of buy buying online. It allows them to maximise profits as they only have to make one inseam length of the jean as the €10-€15 it costs to hem a jean is much cheaper than having to make jeans with different inseams. 

post #12553 of 14965
I don't want to be mean, but are we seriously debating the merits of jeans based on their length? Major alterations I can understand, but hemming? If you can afford upwards of €350 for a pair of jeans, you can afford the extra ten to have them hemmed, which any tailor on earth can do. If that's a dealbreaker, I don't think you really wanted the jeans to begin with.

Also, the amount of raw fabric in an item doesn't equate with it's value. If that was the case, larger sizes would cost more.
post #12554 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFashion View Post

Jeans are made with a long hem because they expect you to buy in store where they usually offer complementary tailoring. Definitely in stores like Acne, Frame, I know SLP offers it too (not sure if complimentary) that's one thing you can't take advantage of buy buying online.

Yeah, I buy everything online.
post #12555 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolar View Post

I don't want to be mean, but are we seriously debating the merits of jeans based on their length? Major alterations I can understand, but hemming? If you can afford upwards of €350 for a pair of jeans, you can afford the extra ten to have them hemmed, which any tailor on earth can do. If that's a dealbreaker, I don't think you really wanted the jeans to begin with.
.

How on earth is cutting like 10 centimeters from the legs not a major alteration?

Why would I spend so much money on a item that has to be altered? If I'm spending that much money the clothes better fit me right.

I have a similar problem with Dsquared jeans. I love them but they are usually a little bit too long for me. But those YSL jeans that I tried, they weren't just a little bit too long, they would literally only fit someone who is well above 1.80cm.

In my opinion it's a shame almost no designer jeans are made with 30" inseam.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.