Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 833post #12481 of 149576/28/16 at 9:31ampost #12482 of 149576/28/16 at 9:43amThanks guys, that pic of me is with the 85 chelseas btw. Pants are 17 cm and if they were any skinnier they wouldn't be able to fit over the buckle on my jodhpurs. I think the reason they look off with the jodhpurs is that the leg opening hugs the boot to where it is hard to differentiate where the pants stop and boots end making me look shorter. Edit: Actually tightening them all the way gives some space between the pants and boots now they look much better - very pleased.
The fit on these pants below is perfect to me - I'm gonna see how my wyatts look with dress pants.
@Prudy I tried 4 cm ties but I feel they are too skinny on me and look odd. My tie is 6 cm but I want to try some more between 4-6 cm.
Edited by cloonz - 6/28/16 at 10:09ampost #12483 of 149576/28/16 at 10:39ampost #12484 of 149576/28/16 at 11:17ampost #12485 of 149576/28/16 at 11:34ampost #12486 of 149576/28/16 at 12:50pmpost #12487 of 149576/28/16 at 1:00pm
i don't have a problem with the blood luster leather. i won't buy it, but I'm even surprised they didn't do it earlier. kieran is right though, there will be some decent pieces in there. and if anything, this is all good because it extends the window for us to get our hands on PC stuff, or footwear we don't already have. so i can probably spend more on the palladium stuff in the next months, and then worry about PC later. that might mean the officer teddy and the musical note jacket ...
looking back, the palladium is my favourite collection overall. then AW13 (i know this is heresy). I'm glad i didn't get much from the rockabilly and glam collections, i don't think they will age well. SS15 was awesome, but a bit costumey. hedi did a great job consolidating all of his work, from dior and SL, into the palladium collection while still referencing r'n'r in a less direct way this time. this nicely ties up his work, and allows him to exit gracefully, or start somewhere new with a blank slate.
saw the lame striped blazer at bond street today. it was awesome. they also have some of the waistcoats. it was a textured black wool, i was hoping it would be just a plain wool one, so that i could easily wear it with my blazers. i have already asked kieran about this, but does anyone have any opinion on wearing the new pin striped blazer with black jeans? i don't know if it's do able. but i really want to add to my blazer collection for work, and i dig the stripes and peak lapel combo.
i want this fur coat but i don't know if it's going to make it to the uk stores. this is my favourite palladium look, and will probably get the velvet shirt.post #12488 of 149576/28/16 at 1:28pmpost #12489 of 149576/28/16 at 1:56pm
Interesting, my first impression is that this Palladium collection is the the most ephemeral and won't last much past the hype. Overall, it strikes me as having a 70s dandy gangster vibe that works better for the women's wear than the men's. I also feel like the musical references aren't incorporated as well as past collections, they are more costume-like to my eyes.
I thought SS15 and FW15/16 were just about the sweet spot overall, I've been wearing that stuff daily along with PC stuff and the Santiags are the best boots they produced, IMO.post #12490 of 149576/28/16 at 2:20pmNot too excited by anything I've seen, but I'll still finish up my footwear collection, grab some denim, and maybe a few shirts and call it.
In regards to footwear, does anyone have any strong opinions on black calf Chelseas vs black suede? I think the suede ones go better with lightwash (your pics look great, @echau), but a pair of classic black calf Chelseas seems like a safe pair to have in the rotation. I'll eventually get both, but I'd like to get one or the other for now. Opinions? I could always get calf Chelseas from a different brand (Carmina, maybe)post #12491 of 149576/28/16 at 2:29pmpost #12492 of 149576/28/16 at 2:33pm
my comments are about the shows in general, rather than individual pieces. no doubt santiags are awesome, as were all the pieces that you posted on here back in the day @Prudy. what's interesting about the palladium is the way you can see hedi thinking about all of his work and putting it together in a coherent way i think. surf sound is underrated as well. it's pretty funny, and or badass, that hedi sent ripped flannels and distressed vans down a ysl runway. people think vetements is ironically interesting or something for the stupid dhl tees and long sleeves, but surf sound pushes the envelope way more given the context of a storied french house.
i have a strong opinion on calf chelseas. they are the best by far. and go with everything. perfect for adding some attitude to any outfit, as well as toning things down (like with a biker, instead of wyatts) but still looking fresh as hell. we've talk about it a million times though.
a definitive list of songs, as well as featured artists would be killer.post #12493 of 149576/28/16 at 2:54pmQuote:post #12494 of 149576/28/16 at 3:16pm
@therattler I see no problem wearing a pinstripe blazer with black jeans, so much so that I'm now wondering whether I should have an issue with it. Or do you mean that particular blazer? Either way, I think it will work well. Admittedly the longer silhouettes on the 70s blazers seem harder to incorporate into a casual wardrobe, though I wouldn't say grievously so.
@niyengar calf chelseas are essential. If you don't have a pair, you need some in your wardrobe. They're a staple for a reason: they work with everything.post #12495 of 149576/28/16 at 3:25pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 17 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 17 minutes ago
- › Drake's London blue 30oz multi rosette tie NEW bnwot 20 minutes ago
- › Tie your Tie 7 fold unlined hand rolled tie NEW Made in Italy 20 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway