or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 831

post #12451 of 15042
Ok so I got in the tall jodhpurs in black leather + suede. The suede ones were impossible to get past the first notch on the buckle, seems like the straps are a lot thicker. My cigar ones were never like that even brand new. I managed to rub off a bunch of skin on my finger just trying to buckle them. Anyone else experience these suede ones yet? Don't see myself reaching for these over the black leather or my brown suedes so returning those.

Also wasn't feeling the jodhpurs with my suits - something seemed off with the amount of boot showing or the proportions. I love how my french 85 chelseas look with it though



If you guys have any good inspo pics of suits with SL boots post them please.
post #12452 of 15042
Wtf cloonz, is that you in the picture? Because of your profile picture, I figured you looked like Eddy Cue.
post #12453 of 15042
No idea who eddy cue is
post #12454 of 15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

L17 in calf is already at flagships + some other stores in NA.

D:

This will probably be my last SLP purchase, glad they re-issued~
post #12455 of 15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

L17 in calf is already at flagships + some other stores in NA.

 

is there a way to tell between calf or lamb?

post #12456 of 15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloonz View Post

Ok so I got in the tall jodhpurs in black leather + suede. The suede ones were impossible to get past the first notch on the buckle, seems like the straps are a lot thicker...
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


If you guys have any good inspo pics of suits with SL boots post them please.

 

Man, you handsome mother fucker

post #12457 of 15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralNegative View Post

Wtf cloonz, is that you in the picture? Because of your profile picture, I figured you looked like Eddy Cue.

lmao Eddy Cue hahaha, kinda does now you say it

 

he looks like in that fitpic a cross between marchisio and totti

post #12458 of 15042
What's eddy cue got to do with Seinfeld / Kramer?
post #12459 of 15042

 

Anyone with a lead on this red teddy from FW14 in a F40, I'd be very appreciative. Would normally take a 42 but I heard these ran oversized. There was an F40 on ebay for the longest time but it sold just before I got the cash together.

post #12460 of 15042
L17 in calf just popped up on Mr Porter today. Looks good. Can anyone compare the calf with last season's lamb?
post #12461 of 15042

Update: I finally pulled the trigger and went to that multi brand store to purchase the L01 at that huge discount and once they saw the price tag at the counter with the discount sticker on it, they told me it was a mistake from their part. They told me they would normally not discount anything from the permanent collection. Since they are new around town, they still have some 'growing pains' and one associate probably put a discount sticker on all pieces from SS16 collection.

 

Ended up going back empty handed. However, I was not mad at all. They were so kind and you can see that they're struggling to grow that store. I think they need a pat in the back.

post #12462 of 15042

i prefer the ss16 mutton leather. its lighter without being delicate, and looks more luxurious.

post #12463 of 15042

SS17 will be rehashed stuff it seems, like many of us predicted here on forum. Along with some new graphics plastered almost everywhere lol.

 

 

@cloonz are you a model or what lol? That outfit is flawless

post #12464 of 15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by therattler View Post

i prefer the ss16 mutton leather. its lighter without being delicate, and looks more luxurious.

That's the one I bought a few months back. I haven't handled any of the calf bikers, but I agree with you on the SS16. I really love it. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!
post #12465 of 15042

I said this in the FB group and I'll say it again here.

 

This is trash. They've taken good permanent items, run them in every colour (see the teddy jackets in the background), made everything, even basics, super loud (bags, accessories, tshirts, every fucking thing) and called it a day.

 

I (and I think others here?) buy (bought?) SLP/Hedi because it's subtle, fits very well and I appreciate the materials used. That's what I pay 10x the cost for. Not for some obnoxious 'put a shark or dinosaur on it' branding so that everyone knows I'm wearing the next Givenchy.

 

I appreciate Hedi runway can be loud before I'm called out on it, but this is not the majority of SLP and specifically the Hedi buyer base.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.