Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 822post #12317 of 167996/19/16 at 6:04pmpost #12318 of 167996/20/16 at 1:29amQuote:Originally Posted by therattler
haha @scanner i kind of feel the same way. i was in selfridges yesterday, and there was a stream of bad outfits and wyatts in the SL section, made me cringe. what were the jackets that you tried on? i know some of the stuff i wanted to buy is 'in transit' and now you got me worried.
I Pre-ordered the 70's Teddy and the Guitar Racer Jacket. 70's Teddy is so incredibly tiny and cropped at my regular size. I know Hedi is wearing one similar to that but it works for him but he is about 2 inches taller than me (I would say 6'1 / 6'2) and super svelte and even then, I'm not sure how he manages to look good in one of them. The Guitar Racer Jacket has a bit more give, but both jackets just feel incredibly cheap to the point of Members Only being a better buy for quality.
I also Pre-ordered a couple of belts and while the buckles are nice, the leather does not feel substantial.. it feels like dyed paper.
I didn't bother with any of the print shirts or re-issues as i've got most of the classics and don't really feel like anything in this collection will add to what I already have, however I am disappointed that the Calf L01 is already sold out. I'm waiting to hear if it's possible to get one but it seems like most of the boutiques that ordered did not even receive them. Now i'm just waiting on the Murdered Out Chain Wyatts and Suede Wyatts and i'll call it a day.
I did get the Raw D02 and they are a bit of a different fit than black, but I didn't ever get a chance to pick up the Raw Indigo D02, if they were ever even released in the past.post #12319 of 167996/20/16 at 2:26am
Raw indigo D02 is back in stores too Scanner? They were released for both SS 13 and AW 13 FYI. If you don't mind how exactly does the fit vary from the black?
Also, was the Bowie buckle belt one of the belts you've mentioned? I've pre-ordered one of those myself so I hope it's not too bad as I like the look of them. Cheers.
Recently I've only ordered knitwear as almost nothing else I want has arrived yet. I had to return the camel crew neck as it was just a weird fit with a wide and low neck line (not even in a boat neck way which can look cool). It looked like an old man's jumper on me. I've been after a camel sweater for ages too, so I was pretty disappointed.
I have the black and ivory mohair blend gradient striped sweater arriving this week as well, so hopefully that will be better. I've also doubled up on the basic black merino crew neck as it's pretty nice and an easy item to wear. I'm really excited about the shoes though as they are the most to my tastes yet from the runway (I've only pre-ordered the patent Deven Derby, and the black leather Chelsea currently, but I think I'm going to get at least one more of the boots).post #12320 of 167996/20/16 at 2:28ampost #12321 of 167996/20/16 at 4:11ampost #12322 of 167996/20/16 at 4:13am
that's a shame about the 70's teddy scanner. though I did see the womens one and thought the leather wasn't that nice. I'm hoping to try on the one that hedi was photographed in nyc wearing (it's on LVR) and diversify my leather jacket collection a little bit (and start to move away from the more standard SL look). but now im hesitant.
also, I hope that the military teddy isn't shaped similarly. for me though, its more of a collectors piece since I missed out on the dior napoleon style jackets back in the day.post #12323 of 167996/20/16 at 4:13ampost #12324 of 167996/20/16 at 4:24amQuote:
doesn't slann have this on his blog? im wearing mine right now, and I check but the tag has been worn away I wear them so much. like 5 days a week.
its the brown leather jacket with front pockets on the ysl.com preorder.post #12325 of 167996/20/16 at 4:26amQuote:
checked the saint laurent tag post on slann's blog already
there is a picture of a tag from ss13 - fw 13 - ss14 but I'm not sure its black rawpost #12326 of 167996/20/16 at 4:30ampost #12327 of 167996/20/16 at 4:32ampost #12328 of 167996/20/16 at 4:38am
Okay so I got an extra pair of black raw d02 and indigo raw d02 like 2 months ago from a store
somehow I ended up getting a pair of, I suppose, SS14 black raw d02 (code 3444xxxxx)
and a pair of AW13 indigo raw d02 (code 32xxxxxxxx)
damn there must be leftovers from those seasons, you just gotta ask your SAspost #12329 of 167996/20/16 at 4:41ampost #12330 of 167996/20/16 at 4:46am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 29 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 29 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 31 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 32 minutes ago
- › Prince Charles in single-breasted?? 35 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...