Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 794post #11897 of 145126/1/16 at 10:15pmpost #11898 of 145126/2/16 at 2:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
I was in that weird 48/50 gap as well. Went with the 48, which makes it impossible for me to wear anything thicker than a very thin knit underneath it (definitely no tailoring) but oh well. Arm holes are crazy high for an overcoat. If I hadn't gotten it at a good price/needed the coat to be my only car/overcoat, I probably would've passed.
Consistent sizing is a pipe dream I suppose (I own everything from 48 to 52 and M to XL).
Yeah I could pretty much do with a 49 in many pieces, as 50s tend to swamp me, while 48s are a little too small in the arm holes and sometimes chest (blazers gape slightly when buttoned). I'm also at that awkward position where I'm exactly between a 44 and 46 in dress trousers unfortunately. At least jeans come in the half sizes, as opposed to the 2 inch gap on jackets and trousers.
I think you definitely made the right decision to go with the 48 as even wool coats will stretch slightly over time, and it really makes sense to go with the size that looks good, even if it limits what it can be worn with. For myself, the arm holes were that bit too small where it would look wrong for me to take that size unfortunately, even though overall it definitely looked better with something light underneath. I guess a lot of fashion does come down to taking the size that looks good, even if technically it may not be correct (for example the green AW 15 runway bomber looks to me like it can't be zipped up on the model, but yet it looks cooler this way for the runway presentation).
I also have quite a variety of sizes, and even have one t-shirt in size M from AW 13 which is slightly bigger than an XL from the recent pre-collection. Jeans and shoes are fairly consistent for me though.post #11899 of 145126/2/16 at 2:44amQuote:
Yeah that's where I got them.
So nice to purchase from stores that make it easy - fair international shipping price, full vat deduction which stacks with promotions, etc. None of the changing / increasing prices when you change shipping country, not deducting vat with discount purchases, 100 euro international shipping costs, etc.post #11900 of 145126/2/16 at 3:02amQuote:Originally Posted by KVAEIOU
I don't even like that flannel and it looks amazing on you.
My dad's best friend in NY's daughter just got a job working for Saint Laurent in some capacity and my dad told me that she can get me 40% off. It almost feels too good to be true, hope it works out and I can grab a few things from her and send her some gifts to make it mutually beneficial.
I want another black leather boot but I don't know what to get, everyone here loves wyatts but if I read right don't like the current harness offering? I currently have the grey suede cropped jodhpurs, and black Hedi 30 Chelseas (my favorite). What are your thoughts on currently available black leather wyatts? I also worry because I tailor my jeans extremely thin, 5.5 in or just barely barely shy of 14cm, will that be a problem with the higher shaft?
Sweet deal, man! Hope it works out for you. As for the Wyatts, they're slimmer than they've been for years. I have them in tobacco suede, and they sit right against my leg. @Oakghost bought the leather pair, and those are supposedly slightly tighter still. I think you're safe.
@kieran84 I noticed END has peacoats from a few different seasons still. Guess they haven't marked them down and sold them off between seasons. I can't tell which seasons they're from, but I'm sure you can. Might be worth a look. By my count there are three different iterations (in various colors).post #11901 of 145126/2/16 at 4:23ampost #11902 of 145126/2/16 at 4:55amQuote:Originally Posted by edwardh123
Yeah that's where I got them.
So nice to purchase from stores that make it easy - fair international shipping price, full vat deduction which stacks with promotions, etc. None of the changing / increasing prices when you change shipping country, not deducting vat with discount purchases, 100 euro international shipping costs, etc.
Any details on the promo code? Would love to pick up the pair in size 41post #11903 of 145126/2/16 at 6:26amGuys, while I'm waiting for a response on my previous question: does anybody here know how the 'dirty vintage' denim jacket fits? I'm usually S or M in SLP?
The online store does not ship to my country and the local SLP store does not have any denim jacket available to check the fit.
Thanks in advance!post #11904 of 145126/2/16 at 6:50ampost #11905 of 145126/2/16 at 6:53ampost #11906 of 145126/2/16 at 7:02am
Has anyone seen the FW16 Blue Stretch Denim for pre-order anywhere besides YSL.com? I've seen them used in quite a few outfits, but most other retailers don't have the jeans actually available for order. Also, are they going to be raw edge? According to YSL.com they are, but the picture clearly shows a finished edge (as we know the pictures often don't align with the actual product).post #11907 of 145126/2/16 at 7:08ampost #11908 of 145126/2/16 at 7:41am
FW13 and SS14 in my opinion.
Also guys, I'm selling one of pieces from my collection, the shearling coat in tan merino suede and fur. It is brand new with tags, tagged rare size 46 but will fit a 44 perfectly also. Pm me if you are interested, cheers.post #11909 of 145126/2/16 at 9:00amOutfit today:
Probably as close to a summer outfit as I'll ever get. Was trying to remain inconspicuous while taking this, so the picture might be a little grainy.
@valedictorian What a coincidence! I'd say it fits TTS. I went with my normal size, which is a medium. It's a little short in the body, especially if you're tall, but if you go up a size it becomes really boxy. The arms are a touch looser than I'd prefer, but that's consistent through all the sizes. It doesn't really bother me, but some people dislike it. I think it's a great piece and I'd really recommend it.
@Hedifan The EU private sale started yesterday.post #11910 of 145126/2/16 at 9:39am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Russell & Bromley? 22 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 22 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 29 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 32 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 34 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 35 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 38 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 38 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...