IMO the distressed jacket is wrong on so many levels... I don't think the old school rockers whose look SLP tries to emulate/imitate got artificially predistressed jackets. Come on. Get a "raw" one and just wear it, and let the wear and time do their thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 724post #10847 of 167664/10/16 at 9:33ampost #10848 of 167664/10/16 at 10:38ampost #10849 of 167664/10/16 at 12:17pmpost #10850 of 167664/10/16 at 1:29pmpost #10851 of 167664/10/16 at 1:58pmQuote:
Don't be ridiculous. Raw hem shirts or jeans is a look you can't get by just wearing a shirt or a pair of jeans. But a "worn in" look in a leather jacket? You definitely can get that. By, you know, wearing the damn jacket.
But please by any means go ahead and spend $,$$$ on a jacket with a fake "worn in" look that still has that brand new smell and an immaculate liner.
And FYI I don't like the raw hem shirts and while I'm ok with stonewashed jeans, as long as it doesn't have fake whiskers or honeycombs (damn it's sad when you see someone with fake honeycombs at mid calf or lower...) and the wash is uniform. Achieving that look with a pair of raw jeans takes so long that it's impractical and by the time you get it the denim will be very deteriorated. I don't like fake holes/rips either, but at least, as I say above, those looks can't be achieved through regular wear (or at least in a reasonable amount of time). But if you get a regular L01 or L17 and wear it hard in a few months it'll look much better than the one we're discussing. And you won't have the same fake "signs of wear" in the exact same places as the other dudes who bought it.
And while I never thrift anything, getting a vintage jacket and tailoring it sounds much more sensible to me than getting that SLP.post #10852 of 167664/10/16 at 4:05pmQuote:
And the new nut suede wyatt from ss16 looks very similar to the og ochre suede but a little darkerpost #10853 of 167664/10/16 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mtre
Looking for some jodhpur hedi 30's in cigar, looks like ssense have them in my size but they have them listed as tan? The tan version looks different on other sites, can anyone confirm the colour?
Thanks in advance.
Everything is either tan or brown on ssense. I'd guess they have cigaro on the box.post #10854 of 167664/10/16 at 6:29pmpost #10855 of 167664/11/16 at 12:33ampost #10856 of 167664/11/16 at 7:16am
I sometimes think about this too. I like distressed clothes, but am I weak for not distressing it myself? (rhetorical)
I reconcile this by splitting it down the middle. I buy pre-distressed jeans because it can be hard to get the rips the way I want them. That being said, very few brands rip them how I like them, but there are some.
On the flipside, I was really jonesing for a SLP or Greg Lauren destroyed/half bleached flannel shirt, but in the grand scheme of things I decided I probably shouldn't pay that price. So I am doing a little DIY involving bleach, vinegar, an exacta knife, patience and flannel/plain weave shirts that I bought at Target. So far, so good! And I love that it is semi-homemade - Sandra Lee style.post #10857 of 167664/11/16 at 7:48ampost #10858 of 167664/11/16 at 9:52ampost #10859 of 167664/11/16 at 9:53amQuote:Originally Posted by OakGhost
@jwoowoo hahaha I forgot your in the bay! Ya, it was a 44. Really nice but if I have to have one for now I want a soft lamb. Did you get the distressed?
Yes, I picked up that distressed L01. I had the soft lambskin L01 for a while, but found it too fragile/it wouldn't look good beat up. If the L01 came in a regular calf, that would be a different story as the calf would age nicely. I also really liked the distressing, it would take a reallllly long time to achieve the amount of distressing that's on this L01.
Definitely agree with you though that if it's going to be worn occassionally, the regular lamb would be better for you.post #10860 of 167664/11/16 at 11:32amQuote:Quote:
Good looking on pointing that out, I was unaware. I had asked the seller if there had been any alterations made and he said no. But now that you guys caught that it explains the low price.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › 澳洲UTAS毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UTAS学历认证办塔斯马尼亚大学毕 业证成绩单 5 seconds ago
- › 澳洲USQ毕 业证Q/微信834065630→USQ学历认证办南昆士兰大学毕 业证成绩单 11 seconds ago
- › 澳洲UNISA毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UNISA学历认证办南澳大学毕 业证成绩单 19 seconds ago
- › 澳洲堪培拉毕 业证Q/微信834065630→堪培拉大学学历认证办堪培拉大学毕 业证成绩单 29 seconds ago
- › 澳洲UWA毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UWA学历认证办西澳大学毕 业证成绩单 36 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 45 seconds ago
- › 澳洲USYD毕 业证Q/微信834065630→USYD学历认证办悉尼大学毕 业证成绩单 52 seconds ago
- › 澳洲UQ毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UQ学历认证办昆士兰大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › 澳洲Newcastle毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Newcastle学历认证办纽卡大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › 澳洲UNSW毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UNSW学历认证办新南威尔士大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...