IMO the distressed jacket is wrong on so many levels... I don't think the old school rockers whose look SLP tries to emulate/imitate got artificially predistressed jackets. Come on. Get a "raw" one and just wear it, and let the wear and time do their thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 724post #10847 of 150514/10/16 at 9:33ampost #10848 of 150514/10/16 at 10:38ampost #10849 of 150514/10/16 at 12:17pmpost #10850 of 150514/10/16 at 1:29pmpost #10851 of 150514/10/16 at 1:58pmQuote:
Don't be ridiculous. Raw hem shirts or jeans is a look you can't get by just wearing a shirt or a pair of jeans. But a "worn in" look in a leather jacket? You definitely can get that. By, you know, wearing the damn jacket.
But please by any means go ahead and spend $,$$$ on a jacket with a fake "worn in" look that still has that brand new smell and an immaculate liner.
And FYI I don't like the raw hem shirts and while I'm ok with stonewashed jeans, as long as it doesn't have fake whiskers or honeycombs (damn it's sad when you see someone with fake honeycombs at mid calf or lower...) and the wash is uniform. Achieving that look with a pair of raw jeans takes so long that it's impractical and by the time you get it the denim will be very deteriorated. I don't like fake holes/rips either, but at least, as I say above, those looks can't be achieved through regular wear (or at least in a reasonable amount of time). But if you get a regular L01 or L17 and wear it hard in a few months it'll look much better than the one we're discussing. And you won't have the same fake "signs of wear" in the exact same places as the other dudes who bought it.
And while I never thrift anything, getting a vintage jacket and tailoring it sounds much more sensible to me than getting that SLP.post #10852 of 150514/10/16 at 4:05pmQuote:
And the new nut suede wyatt from ss16 looks very similar to the og ochre suede but a little darkerpost #10853 of 150514/10/16 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mtre
Looking for some jodhpur hedi 30's in cigar, looks like ssense have them in my size but they have them listed as tan? The tan version looks different on other sites, can anyone confirm the colour?
Thanks in advance.
Everything is either tan or brown on ssense. I'd guess they have cigaro on the box.post #10854 of 150514/10/16 at 6:29pmpost #10855 of 150514/11/16 at 12:33ampost #10856 of 150514/11/16 at 7:16am
I sometimes think about this too. I like distressed clothes, but am I weak for not distressing it myself? (rhetorical)
I reconcile this by splitting it down the middle. I buy pre-distressed jeans because it can be hard to get the rips the way I want them. That being said, very few brands rip them how I like them, but there are some.
On the flipside, I was really jonesing for a SLP or Greg Lauren destroyed/half bleached flannel shirt, but in the grand scheme of things I decided I probably shouldn't pay that price. So I am doing a little DIY involving bleach, vinegar, an exacta knife, patience and flannel/plain weave shirts that I bought at Target. So far, so good! And I love that it is semi-homemade - Sandra Lee style.post #10857 of 150514/11/16 at 7:48ampost #10858 of 150514/11/16 at 9:52ampost #10859 of 150514/11/16 at 9:53amQuote:Originally Posted by OakGhost
@jwoowoo hahaha I forgot your in the bay! Ya, it was a 44. Really nice but if I have to have one for now I want a soft lamb. Did you get the distressed?
Yes, I picked up that distressed L01. I had the soft lambskin L01 for a while, but found it too fragile/it wouldn't look good beat up. If the L01 came in a regular calf, that would be a different story as the calf would age nicely. I also really liked the distressing, it would take a reallllly long time to achieve the amount of distressing that's on this L01.
Definitely agree with you though that if it's going to be worn occassionally, the regular lamb would be better for you.post #10860 of 150514/11/16 at 11:32amQuote:Quote:
Good looking on pointing that out, I was unaware. I had asked the seller if there had been any alterations made and he said no. But now that you guys caught that it explains the low price.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 seconds ago
- › Looking for high end thinnest 100% wool socks...? 1 minute ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Baggy Dress Shirts 4 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit makers in the Palermo area of Sicily? 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...