Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 722post #10817 of 161994/8/16 at 1:59pmpost #10818 of 161994/8/16 at 3:24pmpost #10819 of 161994/8/16 at 4:41pmGot the call today that my new wyatts had arrived and popped into SF to get em. Fit and finish is notable better than my older suede wyatts. I threw on my five zips and ran out the door which I tailored to be lucacrisly skinny and you can not see or feel the slimmer shaft underneath. Was also feeling the raw hem western but am doing an L01 soon and need to save!post #10820 of 161994/8/16 at 5:42pmpost #10821 of 161994/8/16 at 6:05pmpost #10822 of 161994/8/16 at 7:33pmpost #10823 of 161994/9/16 at 1:33am@OakGhost boots look great, man! Mine are on the way too. Can't wait. Would love to see a pic with the L01 if you took any.
Silver boots look awesome, @Nimzerz
Got to thinking yesterday what I'm going to do once Hedi leaves (and presumably takes a few years off). There's really no other luxury brand that interests me much these days. Guess I'll stick to the resale market (unless prices skyrocket), and just enjoy the stuff I have. Might be able to save some money at last.
Any info about the supposed cruise collection that was mentioned a few pages back? Has anyone seen it?post #10824 of 161994/9/16 at 6:09am
Those harness boots look good. I'm actually considering a pair of suede myself now. Also going to grab the black and ivory breton as I love the navy and can't really go wrong.
I also bought the Acne thin jeans and thought I'd share my experiences here. I bought both the stay black and the raw indigo. They are extremely similar to the AW 13 raw black and indigo D02s in fit. I bought 29s, and also have a brand new pair of each of the SLP AW 13 ones. I measured them on top of each other, and the leg is almost exactly the same, except the Acnes taper a little more towards the bottom to 15 cm as opposed to 15.5 cm on the SLP. The waist and hip area is also very similar in the black, with the Acnes having a very slightly lower front rise, and a very slightly higher back rise. The indigo however has an even lower front rise, and an even higher back rise which is a bit weird, but they still look fine, although to be honest I would prefer more of a mid rise like the AW 15 ones.
On quality and details, of course I prefer SLP, however the Acne seem to be well made, of nice denim, and have nice, very minimal details (I really couldn't bring myself to wear rag and bone, april 77, cheap monday, etc. because of the tags and details). One drawback is that the black is less rigid and denimy than the SLP, as the Acne are some kind of a blend. I am very satisfied with them, and will be buying more to hem at different lengths for different boots. These are definitely the best fitting jeans I've tried since the AW 13 SLPs, and I'd recommend anybody that likes the fit of the 13 ones to grab a pair (price is very reasonable too at exactly half).
In addition to the jeans, also bought the Acne black fine merino sweater called the clissold. I thought it looked to be very similar to the Saint Laurent extra fine merino crew necks from AW 13 which I love, but unfortunately haven't been available since (other than to staff who can get them at will for uniform). Unfortunately the fit is atrocious. Very narrow shoulders, and a ridiculously baggy body and arms. Completely unflattering. I don't think I'll bother looking at any of their clothing again based on this.post #10825 of 161994/9/16 at 7:46am@kpmurphy@kieran84 thanks guys. They reall are much nicer and higher quality than my other suede one. The slim shaft for sure wolf me however they slimmed the boot but did not scale the harness which is pretty loose..noticeable compared to my other suede and black. Doesn't bother me but just a heads up.
@Isolar I don't have the 01 quite yet.... Likely my next purchase with Heidi's departure. I did try a 46 (I'm a 44) over that western and it looked really nice but clearly not the right fit.
@Jbidwal I had had high hopes for the destroyed blue western but the wash and distressing looks cheap to me in person. This raw hem one is super nice in person and the fit is great. I would have bought but need to save my pennies for an L01 haha.
@Nimzerz looks so good man. That whole look is killer!post #10826 of 161994/9/16 at 10:51ampost #10827 of 161994/9/16 at 11:09am
For the L01 I would highly recommend only buying the ss13 version... cut of the jacket is completely different from later seasons and leather is higher quality.
You can see both here (ss13 in front, fw13-onwards in back, these are both size 44), notice body/lapels/neck opening is differentpost #10828 of 161994/9/16 at 11:26ampost #10829 of 161994/9/16 at 11:47ampost #10830 of 161994/9/16 at 12:24pm@OakGhost I would suggest getting the distressed L01 from this season rather than a regular L01. The distressed L01 is the exact same price, but is calf leather instead of lamb leather so it is more durable. That lamb skin is nice, but it is so fragile! I also prefer the distressed version.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 10 minutes ago
- › Corneliani for Ralph Lauren made in Italy 100% linen/flax trousers... 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › NWT Valentini Navy blue 100% wool, size 46 (EU). 13 minutes ago
- › BNIB! Loake Pimlico Dark brown suede chukka boot capital last size 5F! 19 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway