I have nothing left to live for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 705post #10562 of 149764/1/16 at 3:37ampost #10563 of 149764/1/16 at 5:19ampost #10564 of 149764/1/16 at 5:34ampost #10565 of 149764/1/16 at 5:35amUnfortunate news. Hopefully the Chanel rumor is true (scared about pricing though). I've been a fan of Hedi since Dior days (my main winter coat since his departure has been a herringbone boucle overcoat coat from his last Dior Homme show) and will continue to follow him wherever he designs; his work has is just about everything I look for in designpost #10566 of 149764/1/16 at 5:48ampost #10567 of 149764/1/16 at 6:22ampost #10568 of 149764/1/16 at 6:27amOf course I'll follow Hedi wherever he goes next. However I'm more concerned he'll be taking another five years off from fashion like he did after leaving Dior Homme.
If he is indeed going to Chanel, the way I see it, this could go one of two ways, or some variation of either scenario:
1. Hedi begins work immediately, expanding the brand's menswear options, and possibly taking over womens RTW, while Karl continues to do couture.
2. Hedi is named Karl's successor at Chanel, and basically drops out of fashion for a while until Karl calls it quits.
I remember Karl said his contract at Chanel was for life, and I don't see him retiring anytime soon. But I could see Chanel wanting to get into menswear, which has seen huge growth in the last few years. I also think Karl is the only other designer Hedi would be comfortable ceding some creative control to, as long as he has complete control over his own collections (ie. menswear).post #10569 of 149764/1/16 at 6:37am
some of the news articles suggest that he left because kering wanted to take away some creative control in order to, get this, grow the business. this is everything that's wrong with the world. there's also a Citibank report which claims that saint Laurent won't be impacted, and could continue to grow--ha.
i look forward to whatever hedi does next. chanel would be cool, if only because of the controversy it will bring. if he does nothing, i think ill be equally happy. our stuff will elevated to an even higher level of cool or prestige. i am going to go on a tear and buy all that my bank account can handle over the next few months to make sure i have all i want/doubles of certain key pieces.
this affected superiority, re: quality decline ("no better than a thrift piece") and nostalgia for previous seasons is also getting tiresome. ysl was less than irrelevant before hedi came back. lets not begin this i liked it since aw13, lol at people who didn't like it before hedi. its boring.post #10570 of 149764/1/16 at 6:42am
@Isolar as someone who has experience with commercial contracts whatever, i refuse to believe that he doesn't have a gardening clause, which bars him from working for a competitor for a number of years. this is the overwhelmingly likely scenario.
so buy another pair of Chelsea's to fill the void. the void is the most interesting aspect of whats to come. we've talked about it before, but there really is no other option, and the sort of cool people in the public have almost worn slp exclusively. it'll be interesting to see what people start to wear. or, we might begin to see how influential hedi has really been. im thinking about our talk re: dave 1 from chromeo, in the contrasting mr porter features. the first not quite skinny enough jeans, safe leather and not exactly sleek boots. walking around Selfridges, there's nothing out there our sort of taste.post #10571 of 149764/1/16 at 6:48ampost #10572 of 149764/1/16 at 7:07ampost #10573 of 149764/1/16 at 7:27amQuote:
That'd basically be suicide for the brand on Kering's part, imo. Not that whoever they appoint won't be able to continue (and maybe even elevate) the brand, but they're basically guaranteed sellers. Could end up with a Dior Homme scenario where, when whoever takes over takes over, they leave the denim and (maybe) boots alone.post #10574 of 149764/1/16 at 7:39am
the brand is an empty signifier. it is nothing without hedi. dior has absolutely nothing in common with what it was when he was there. who cares what happens at ysl next? (ok sure I want access to the permanent collection for as long as possible).
I feel bad for whoever comes in next. what a shitty deal. high pressure, and the best they can do is not have revenues decline too much.post #10575 of 149764/1/16 at 8:24am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 6 minutes ago
- › TOFANI BESPOKE TAILOR NAPOLI 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 24 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 28 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway