what was all the other stuff everyone was saying then?
is all this from the same shop boy who does the sandwich runs?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 684post #10247 of 156293/20/16 at 1:45pm
SirGrotius, I imagine you're right that quality would decline, as I'd imagine Vaccarello wouldn't have the leverage to be able to keep the corporate side from squeezing out all the profits they can at the expense of fit and quality. I still hope it won't come to that though, and no matter what we still have another season to come.
Funny you should mention Jil Sander as I was a fan of Raf Simons' first few years there. He was also producing my favourite work from his own label at the time (I'd say AW 2007 was my favourite season for both the Jil Sander and Raf Simons labels).
I do still think that it's possible to dress very well from DH, but maybe the styling and futuristic feel puts me off. I like the idea of the made to measure service though, and this is probably the route I'm going to go down when I get around to picking up some suits.
Christopher Bailey is definitely my second favourite designer behind Slimane, because I really like his close fitting, very English looking, tailoring. He's not close to being on Slimane's level, but does make some very flattering, easy to wear jackets and outerwear that fit very well into the kind of British indie look that I like. Some of the shoes are nice too (I had the brown washed leather boots from SS 2010 and wore them to death, also had a pair of very sleek thin soled Chelseas from SS 2013 which were made in amazingly soft black leather).post #10248 of 156293/21/16 at 12:44amQuote:Originally Posted by OakGhost
@echau white JE and patch knee denim look great! Between you and @cyc wid it I think I need to find some white denim ASAP
@scanner @Prudy thanks for weighing in on the 01/17. Did they ever make a calf 01? Unlike most I'm ok with the shiny leather as my John Elliott is a matte leather so I'd like to mix it up. I had never tried the 17 in my size (44) until recently and got to try the 01 side buy side. I've come around on the 17 since it fit really well but still prefer the 01 style wise. Since the JE would be my "beater" then I'd probably be fine with an 01 as a more occasional jacket. Tough call..luckily both are incredible.
For those interested in the slp/JE comparison fit wise...L17 size 44. Also wearing the current patch knee in the 1st pic and the old in the second. Both taken to 14cm
John ettiott rider (styled horribly haha) in a small :
lol those John Elliot's look so much tighter than the patch knee
both look nice thoughpost #10249 of 156293/21/16 at 1:18ampost #10250 of 156293/21/16 at 1:41amQuote:Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Ahh, that is sad news indeed. I do not expect the quality to hold up if that transition is made; I suppose we'll see. I wonder if Hedi will go to another house, lay low for a while, etc.
Kieran based on your fits and styles, I truly see you as a Prorsum/SLP guy in the pure. The only other things that come to mind is Jil and DH, but neither is quite to your aesthetic. if you're ever in the states the DH boutique in SoHo is edgier than all the others and closer to the original (Hedi) vision. the others are dressier and minimalist through and through.
I just hope Hedi goes back to Dior. it was so dominating when he was there.post #10251 of 156293/21/16 at 2:22ampost #10252 of 156293/21/16 at 2:44ampost #10253 of 156293/21/16 at 3:05ampost #10254 of 156293/21/16 at 8:28am@mwn11 @Isolar damn guys I really appreciate your feedback! In fairness to the 01 it fit me just as well if not a tad better so it will really come to design ultimately. I could have bout it but since I have a really nice fitting jacket I was in no rush. I think I am going to grab the black and white teddy next then proxy an 01/17. Thanks again! And @mwn11 I'm glad my pic got ya posting!
@onlyslp ya they are both slp with the hem brought down a bit. The newer ones (1st pic) came with a better cut but even after tailoring are a bit looser around the ankle than the old patch knee. Both are very nice in person and the older don't look quite as tight as than pic makes me look.post #10255 of 156293/21/16 at 9:28am@OakGhost no problem. It's definitely a tough choice. I'm curious about the fit of the L01, because it looks boxier in pictures but according to the measurements I've seen, it's actually smaller (especially in the shoulders and chest). Are you comparing the same size in both, and is that your true size or are you sizing up/down?post #10256 of 156293/21/16 at 9:42ampost #10257 of 156293/21/16 at 10:21ampost #10258 of 156293/21/16 at 10:44ampost #10259 of 156293/21/16 at 10:59am
Posted this on Niketalk a few weeks back but scored these at a Canadian equivalent of Marshalls/TJ Maxx. The Kooples Rider jacket (which in my opinion is very similar looking to a Saint Laurent biker) and SL17 Zipper Detail Optic White High Tops. I paid $299.99 Canadian for each item which is equivalent to $221.00 each. $442 in total for everything. One of the best come ups I've encountered...post #10260 of 156293/21/16 at 11:03am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 25 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Blazer 38/48 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar shell LHS 9.5C 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 13 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...