Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 680post #10187 of 156553/19/16 at 3:02ampost #10188 of 156553/19/16 at 3:19amQuote:
I don't agree with this. Having owned an L01, L17 and a few other of the classic riders and twists, I think what I love most about SLP is that I've learned to appreciate many of the original classics like Schott and especially the more recent Japanese repro brands.
Sure, SLP is grail worthy, but it's no different from what Raf did when he tweaked Fostex and military grade jackets and added some patches on top.
My L01 didn't last as long as I hoped it would. It's a delicate item. Most of my SLP items have gone to repair, even their $375 T-Shirts have holes in them after about 5 wears in under a year. Not something I was thrilled about, but the point is that Hedi is just re-creating a foundation of which most other brands are following. He simply took a luxury brand and gave it the youthful attitude high fashion needed. Even Rick Owens is cutting his jackets and t-shirts closer to the hip. I used to think Full SLP was the way to go, but there are so many other great brands and finds available now everywhere that it's a bit obnoxious to say that there are no other alternatives, considering SLP is comprised of reproductions and inspirations in general.
Lastly, My personal and very skewed viewpoint experience is that most of the sick biker jackets that i see out in the wild I assume are Hedi and end up being just simple Schott jackets maybe tweaked and tailored. Hedi makes a great jacket, but it would be a naive and juvenile to think that his design is the best in the world. And i think this is also a big problem with fashion. Why can't we just enjoy the plethora of options available to us?post #10189 of 156553/19/16 at 4:17ampost #10190 of 156553/19/16 at 4:55ampost #10191 of 156553/19/16 at 5:24amQuote:
Don't get an Acne jacket if what you want is a SLP. Especially since an Acne jacket is a quite expensive alernative already. Also Fok said once that he had to return an Acne jacket once because the leather was so bad, and I think it was a Gibson.
Whenever I've tried to get a cheaper alternative of something I really liked, I've ended up spending more money as I bought the alternative and ended up buying the real deal.
It depends on how badly you want something, though. For example I kinda like suede jodhpurs but I don't really want a pair at all cost and I'm not sure if I'd pull them off, so I'll probably get some SeF even though the design on SLP is better. If that were the case with jackets you have Falcon or the upcoming SF x Luxire collab. They're like 50% cheaper than Acne and very probably higher quality. And MTM, if you need it, you could even get the measurements of a SLP.post #10192 of 156553/19/16 at 8:22am@filcol I highly recommend looking into the John Elliott riders jacket. I have worn back to back with a size 44 01 and the fit is exactly the same. Leather is incredible, RIRi hardware and looks incredible layered, zipped or worn open. People people stop me all time asking about it and a client asked to try it on last week hahah.I'm still getting an 01 but am very glad I have it in my collection
@scanner when you have a sec can you elaborate a bit about the 01 not lasting long? Just curious before I buy .post #10193 of 156553/19/16 at 8:59am
i have had my L01 for 2 years now, it seems to still be almost the same way as it was 2 years back except for all the general leather stuff like stretch and leather creasing marks. The shine of the L01 is still there. All these things maybe because I haven't worn it as much unlike @scanner and I also take pretty good care of it. FYI: I am 5'8" I wear the size 44.post #10194 of 156553/19/16 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by OakGhost
@filcol I highly recommend looking into the John Elliott riders jacket. I have worn back to back with a size 44 01 and the fit is exactly the same. Leather is incredible, RIRi hardware and looks incredible layered, zipped or worn open. People people stop me all time asking about it and a client asked to try it on last week hahah.I'm still getting an 01 but am very glad I have it in my collection
@scanner when you have a sec can you elaborate a bit about the 01 not lasting long? Just curious before I buy .
Always wanted to try the John Elliott one as it looks really sturdy and well fitting, but in Europe I think no stores stock it :(post #10195 of 156553/19/16 at 9:50ampost #10196 of 156553/19/16 at 9:58ampost #10197 of 156553/19/16 at 10:18ampost #10198 of 156553/19/16 at 10:19ampost #10199 of 156553/19/16 at 10:24ampost #10200 of 156553/19/16 at 10:51amSome observations on the leathers, others may disagree...IMO the standard SLP L01 is often a bit flimsy for the price tag, though I understand the quality this season is better. My favorite leathers they've put out the past few years have been the seasonal offerings, usually in calf leather. Overall I think it's the nature of the material, though - calf is generally going to wear tougher/better over time and probably look better (lamb looks good off the rack but doesn't usually wear as well over time).
If you're after a beater/everyday leather I would also suggest the vintage or schott, etc. route or find a SLP calf leather second hand. Also, SLP cuts aren't for everybody (cropped) and it's more important to get the fit right in the long run. In my case, the L01 has never fit me all that well, I usually have to size down to get the right fit the the shoulders/arms and then the jacket ends up being way too short for me in the body (I'm 6'). The seasonal calf leathers tend to be cropped as well but are proportional and fit TTS so they look good.
Just my .02 cents. Also, this thread has way too much suede and not enough animal print.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › NOS Morabio Paris (Place Vendome) Hand-Stitched Baby Crocodile Wallet 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 25 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 36 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 50 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...