or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 - Page 66

post #976 of 1038

Anyone pick up the new linen blend sweaters? Wondering about the hand on the fabric. Sometimes those blends can be crazy itchy. Any first impressions?

post #977 of 1038

I'm planning to buy a cable knit cashmere sweater. How much is the decent price for this item?

post #978 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post

I'm planning to buy a cable knit cashmere sweater. How much is the decent price for this item?

If you need to wear it ASAP and plan on getting a good use from it, then I wouldn't mind paying retail less the student discount. Personally though, since my wardrobe has the staple pieces already, I wouldn't buy unless it was deeply discounted, greater than 50%, which will come off season.
post #979 of 1038

I don't need it right away so I can wait to find one with discount. What about the quality of cashmere? I like j.crew sweaters a lot, but never purchased a cashmere sweater from them.

post #980 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post
 

I don't need it right away so I can wait to find one with discount. What about the quality of cashmere? I like j.crew sweaters a lot, but never purchased a cashmere sweater from them.

Reviews are terrible.

post #981 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post

I don't need it right away so I can wait to find one with discount. What about the quality of cashmere? I like j.crew sweaters a lot, but never purchased a cashmere sweater from them.

Haven't heard good things. But the good brands are really expensive. Personally, I don't think I'd want a cashmere sweater, because I'd always feel it was fragile and be self conscious.
post #982 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxu426 View Post
 

Reviews are terrible.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post


Haven't heard good things. But the good brands are really expensive. Personally, I don't think I'd want a cashmere sweater, because I'd always feel it was fragile and be self conscious.

Good to know that. Thanks guys. I was thinking to get one on ebay for like less than $100 though. I won't pull trigger if the quality doesn't match the price. Self conscious? Why not? haha

post #983 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasteurisation View Post
 

I don't need it right away so I can wait to find one with discount. What about the quality of cashmere? I like j.crew sweaters a lot, but never purchased a cashmere sweater from them.

 

Quality isn't great. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one of their cashmere sweaters. I honestly prefer their merino but they don't do that cable knit in merino. In my experience the solid color cashmeres have a softer hand to them than the heathered colors. I'd also expect the sweater to stretch about one size after a decent amount of wear.

post #984 of 1038
Does anyone know if there is a reason why certain stores are exempt from sales? I wanted to get a shirt, but it's not in my size in two of the locations I've looked, and the sale is apparently not available in a third local location.
post #985 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

Does anyone know if there is a reason why certain stores are exempt from sales? I wanted to get a shirt, but it's not in my size in two of the locations I've looked, and the sale is apparently not available in a third local location.

Which location in the Toronto area? Markville Mall? The Eaton Centre, Fairview Mall, and Markville Mall locations should all have the same sales. Bloor St. is exempt because it's some kind of boutique, and Vaughan Mills is a Factory Store.
post #986 of 1038
It was Bloor Street. Out of curiosity, what makes it different from any other J. Crew location? What makes it a boutique?
post #987 of 1038
Can't say that I've been to that location. But this article might explain some things.

http://www.torontolife.com/style/toronto-shopping/2014/02/07/jcrew-collection-store-bloor-street/
post #988 of 1038

Is it possible to find a code working on full price items? I'm eyeing a pair of Ludlow suit pants but the price is 250$ :fu:

post #989 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbush View Post
 

Is it possible to find a code working on full price items? I'm eyeing a pair of Ludlow suit pants but the price is 250$ :fu:

If you check back periodically or sign up for email alerts, they will have 25-30% off sales fairly often, however I think the suiting is excluded from the sale.

post #990 of 1038

There was a $50 off $150 and 20% off codes recently.  I'm looking for one too, hopefully there are more sales coming soon on regular priced items.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013