or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 - Page 40

post #586 of 1038
Hmm... I've been considering that snorkel parka too. Do you think it's better than a Spiewak N3B and others?

And by the way, what the hell is an A-3? I'm ex-military, have never heard of an A-3 military garment, and cannot find it anywhere on the Inter-webs.

I think J. Crew is taking liberties with military history. Basically, by saying it's based on something that has never existed, they can't be called to task for lack of authenticity.

I think this is an example of the word "disingenuous".
post #587 of 1038
And here's a weird thing: The J. Crew Factory store has it listed for 50 percent off the 298 sale price. !! Plus free shipping.

Wait, no they don't. Bad url, according to the J. Crew customer service people. LOL! Right... .
Edited by Robert - 12/19/13 at 10:21am
post #588 of 1038
sorry have no experience with spiewak so no idea

regarding the military comment - does it matter as long as it looks cool lol?


but seriously, if you're on the fence about it at all I'd just order it before they sell out

worst that can happen is that you create an errand for yourself in returning it
post #589 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

And here's a weird thing: The J. Crew Factory store has it listed for 50 percent off the 298 sale price. !! Plus free shipping.

Wait, no they don't. Bad url, according to the J. Crew customer service people. LOL! Right... .
The Wallace/ Barnes Sawtooth Parka with removable fur hood seems nicer to me, although it's no longer visible on the J. Crew site. I have also seen replicas of both parkas in H&M stores for approximately $50 on sale-if that's any help at all. For some reason I imagine the J. Crew one fits like a bag, but I haven't tried it. 
post #590 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

sorry have no experience with spiewak so no idea

regarding the military comment - does it matter as long as it looks cool lol?


but seriously, if you're on the fence about it at all I'd just order it before they sell out

worst that can happen is that you create an errand for yourself in returning it

Thanks. Let me know how yours works out for you, if you get yours before I get mine.
post #591 of 1038
Actually, I think this is one of the season's best items: Summitt fleece track jacket. I'm tempted just to get this and use it as a layer under my current outerwear, worry about a parka next year. Perhaps.
post #592 of 1038
If I return a paypal online order in store, will they credit back pp or give me cash?
post #593 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Actually, I think this is one of the season's best items: Summitt fleece track jacket. I'm tempted just to get this and use it as a layer under my current outerwear, worry about a parka next year. Perhaps.


Meh.  Not a fan of zipper pockets.

post #594 of 1038
LOL, well, I'm a loser, but 90 bucks ahead. In the short couple of hours I was debating whether to pull the trigger on that track jacket, it sold out.

Oh, well...
post #595 of 1038
Anyone have any experience with the fit of their MacAlister fielding boots? There's a pair on sale + 40% off on the website, and was wondering if they fit TTS slightly larger like most boots, compared to oxfords, runners?
post #596 of 1038
The Donegal tweed crew-necks are on sale for close to $100, but I found them a little too big even at XS. Interesting fabric, and I've really been obsessed with tweed sweaters with flecks in it this season, but too big, so even though it's a good price I'll pass.
post #597 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

The Donegal tweed crew-necks are on sale for close to $100, but I found them a little too big even at XS. Interesting fabric, and I've really been obsessed with tweed sweaters with flecks in it this season, but too big, so even though it's a good price I'll pass.

 

Totally agree.  Mediums seemed more like Larges.  I suppose I could try a Small. 

post #598 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

That is too funny. There blows my assumption that the SAs know everything there is to know about J. Crew. The WB line is always featured in the catalogs--is it because it's not carried in the store that you didn't know about it?

I didn't know that WB was a made up line (and we do carry it in stores - just not all of it). I'd actually researched the line but couldn't find it anywhere on the interwebs so I thought it was some obscure line that they found somewhere and decided to sell. Something similar to Barbour, arpenteur, or Chimala or something like that - just more obscure.

Plus, sadly, I think I know quite a bit about J. Crew's men's stuff but I'd say that most SA's don't know much about the lines at all. Especially the men's lines. I hear SA's telling people bad info all of the time. Although, I think many times it has to do with most of the people being part time or seasonal employees and with management not really disseminating information and SA's not really caring very much.
post #599 of 1038
Store search by Renee of customer service! She found one (the fleece summitt track jacket) in a store! I can't believe how fast those sold out. There were none Thursday (sold out), then they were back on the site Friday, all colors and all sizes, and by noon, they were all gone again.
post #600 of 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

The Donegal tweed crew-necks are on sale for close to $100, but I found them a little too big even at XS. Interesting fabric, and I've really been obsessed with tweed sweaters with flecks in it this season, but too big, so even though it's a good price I'll pass.

I don't have the Donegal but I have a lambswool roll-neck from last season that is a bit oversized. I got my usual size, and yes, it tends to be a largish Medium. However, this style of sweater is supposed to look that way. It's not meant to be slim and small. It's supposed to have a vintage nautical profile. It's supposed to look big, in other words.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013