or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 - Page 27

post #391 of 1024
FWIW I like the J Crew suits. For $700, I can get a suit in a variety if fabrics and colors with a nice fit, free tailoring (with a two or three day turnaround). Fabric quality is decent enough. Other options like SuitSupply are good but it is very easy to walk into a J Crew store, get a good fitting suit with no hassle. Brooks Brothers 1818 suits are priced the same, and while the fabric quality is better there, fit quality may not be (especially in the pants for me, which are always too big)
post #392 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully View Post

MAKE ONE!

Done

http://www.styleforum.net/t/363840/the-official-j-crew-thread
post #393 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

FWIW I like the J Crew suits. For $700, I can get a suit in a variety if fabrics and colors with a nice fit, free tailoring (with a two or three day turnaround). Fabric quality is decent enough. Other options like SuitSupply are good but it is very easy to walk into a J Crew store, get a good fitting suit with no hassle. Brooks Brothers 1818 suits are priced the same, and while the fabric quality is better there, fit quality may not be (especially in the pants for me, which are always too big)
do all j crew stores offer free tailoring?
post #394 of 1024
Almost all but it depends on what services. Georgetown only offers trouser hemming, apparently people were having their jacket sleeves taken in to the wrong length and then returning them.
post #395 of 1024
Retail, as far as I know, only offers "free tailoring" if you open or have a J. Crew credit card and only on the length of the sleeves and the length of the pants. Any other types of alterations aren't free.

They also don't do the alterations themselves. They ship it to a local tailor.
post #396 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholom View Post

Anyone can comment on the quality of the Ludlow shirts? They're the accompaniment to the Ludlow Suits. Are they worth $88?

i've gotten them on sale and they fit me pretty well off the rack. good enough for me to wear but then again I don't have anything more expensive to compare to
post #397 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post


do all j crew stores offer free tailoring?

 

Mine doesn't.

post #398 of 1024
Ludlow shirts fit very loose for me all around except chest and shoulder. I have a 41" chest and 30" waist though. The Ludlow shirts aren't that slim
post #399 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post

Ludlow shirts fit very loose for me all around except chest and shoulder. I have a 41" chest and 30" waist though. The Ludlow shirts aren't that slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

i've gotten them on sale and they fit me pretty well off the rack. good enough for me to wear but then again I don't have anything more expensive to compare to
.

Thanks. Any info on the quality? How they hold up after a wash?
post #400 of 1024

Washed mine about 3 times so far, has held up well. 

post #401 of 1024
My gripe with J Crew Ludlow is this: I have a largish head, not freakish or anything, just largish. Luckily I have a full head of hair and broad shoulders and wear my sideburns at the appropriate length so all is good ... but when I put on a Ludlow shirt I see that I need a fuller collar to balance the size of my head (wider lapels too). I wish Ludlow shirts and suits had a variety of collar and lapel sizes instead of the one-size-fits-all approach ...
post #402 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post

Ludlow shirts fit very loose for me all around except chest and shoulder. I have a 41" chest and 30" waist though. The Ludlow shirts aren't that slim

 

 

what brand/size shirts fit well for you? I have just an inch smaller measurement and I feel the same way about j crew shirts. (slim fit medium)

post #403 of 1024
Agreed. Ludlow shirts are not all that slim. The Benetton dress shirt is much slimmer but some of the models are much too short so they continually come out of the trouser but look really good untucked with jeans.
post #404 of 1024
Agree with the others - not that slim so will require some tailoring. Don't think they're worth buying at full retail but on sale for $50 or less they're ok.

I like the BB slim fit for around the same price. Kamakura has a good reputation on the board as well but I have no experience with them.
post #405 of 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf54 View Post
 

 

 

what brand/size shirts fit well for you? I have just an inch smaller measurement and I feel the same way about j crew shirts. (slim fit medium)

 

None lol, gotta get every brand tailored. Jcrew slim fit medium is too small in shoulders and arms 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013