Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:59 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama - Page 2post #16 of 4810/3/12 at 8:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 4810/4/12 at 8:37amThread Starterpost #18 of 4810/4/12 at 8:48amThread Starter
Thanks for the input. To sum things up for now:
Romney Wins but then again, what were Obama's choices. Short hair does look best on him.
Both wore pants a bit too long. But overall Obama's suit fit him better on the shoulders.
I guess a choice of personal preference. Red means more American? Not sure about this statement but worth quoting... =)
Personally I like Obama's tie better but Romney's tie was more effective in grabbing the audiences attention. Points to Romney.
Clear Points to Obama for the slight dimple and a better job in pairing it to his collar spread.
As expected, things were kept at a minimum. Personally I think Obama's black leather and silver wrist watch was much classier than Romney's stainless steel one. Yes, Romney's flag pin was bigger, and while in no way more stylish, was more effective given the occasion.
Suit was too big and sleeves were to short. Bad choice on the tie. Collar spread of the shirt was also too narrow for his face and neck.
Any other thoughts?
Hpost #19 of 4810/4/12 at 1:20pmThread Starter
Alright. Thanks again for the input. My article was just published:
Let me know if anything should be added or changed.
Hpost #20 of 4810/4/12 at 1:54pmpost #21 of 4810/4/12 at 4:00pmpost #22 of 4810/4/12 at 5:03pmpost #23 of 4810/4/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
Sharpton has been killing it.
I like the Kudlow report (Sharpton is on prior) so I always catch the tail end of his rants. Great suits, wonder if he goes bespoke?post #24 of 4810/4/12 at 11:17pmpost #25 of 4810/6/12 at 10:56amQuote:
The goal is to appeal to Joe Sixpack...so they put him into a not too expensive looking suit, which meets small town America's perception how a suit should look (i.e. boxy with much too long pants - everything would be European or gay), and nail a giant flag pin on his lapel.post #26 of 4810/6/12 at 11:02ampost #27 of 4810/6/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Mitt Romney’s flag pin: What’s that star on the stripes?
As armies of pundits and fact-checkers inspected every phrase and shrug of Mitt Romney and President Obama in Wednesday’s debate, we got this message from a high-level foreign affairs specialist:
“What is that black spot on Romney’s pin? It’s driving me crazy!”
The dot on Romney’s oversize American flag pin is the Secret Service star logo imposed over the stripes, a custom version created for agents and fans. The pin — for decorative purposes only, not security clearance — was a gift to Romney from his protective detail, but it’s also sold at the Secret Service store in Washington and traded by staffers, just like Olympic pins.
Call us shallow, but we seem to spend waay too much time checking out politicians’ lapels. Not since Madeleine Albright have chest pins been such a big deal — why, now it’s almost politically incorrect for any candidate to show up with a naked suit, as Obama found out in 2007, when the presidential candidate was called out by a reporter for not sporting the flag.
“My attitude is that I’m less concerned about what you’re wearing on your lapel than what’s in your heart,” he told a campaign crowd in Iowa. But the pin came back — and stayed.
The tradition only goes back about 40 years, when Richard Nixon started wearing a flag lapel pin regularly. Nixon biographer Stephen Ambrose wrote that the president, besieged by anti-war protests, got the idea from his chief of staff, Bob Haldeman — who picked it up (we are not making this up) from Robert Redford’s 1972 film, “The Candidate.” The lapel pin started as a Republican gesture; after 9/11, politicians from both parties donned the pins as symbols of patriotism and solidarity.
Today, a simple American flag is just the beginning. The new trend is to customize: Romney has worn the Secret Service lapel pin (Paul Ryan wears what appears to be a variant) and occasionally a flag with a GOP elephant. During the Republican debates, Newt Gingrich wore a pin of the flag that George Washington used in the Revolutionary War. So far, the president and Joe Biden are sticking to the classic American flag pin.
Not everyone liked Romney’s flag pin: Esquire’s Kurt Soller had no problem with the Secret Service logo, but thought it was too big: “Wearing a larger pin — which, in itself, is a piece of jewelry, though probably a pretty cheap one — just served, for me at least, to underline the wealth that’s come from all his business success. It’s a weird show of machismo.”
Hey, everybody’s a critic.post #28 of 4810/6/12 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22Quote:
Sharpton has been killing it.
I like the Kudlow report (Sharpton is on prior) so I always catch the tail end of his rants. Great suits, wonder if he goes bespoke?
Most likely as he's actually a very small man with a big head.
I saw him at Reagan National and was very surprised at how short he really is.post #29 of 4810/6/12 at 2:24pmpost #30 of 4810/6/12 at 2:28pmQuote:
Kudlow's stuff is definitely bespoke. I want to say Logsdail but that could be entirely made up.
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Boy & Girl【+91-9828939517 】Love Vashikaran Specialist Baba ji IN UK... 2 minutes ago
- › SOLD: NAPOLISUMISURA bespoke grey suit -- about size 36/38 -- forza... 2 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl Relationship【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji IN... 4 minutes ago
- › Husband Wife Relationship【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl Love Problem【+91-9828939517 】Solution Baba ji IN UK... 7 minutes ago
- › Husband Wife Divorce【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji IN UK... 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing RJB - Real Japan Blues 9 minutes ago
- › Online Love Vashikaran【+91-9828939517 】Specialist Baba ji IN UK... 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...