just a few general questions about dress shirt/tie/shoe color/texture combinations.
1) sorry if this sounds a little ridiculous, but can you wear a cream dress shirt with a navy suit, or is it only to be worn with a brown suit? if you can wear it effectively with a navy suit, is it okay for an investment banking environment?
lastly, is this turnbull & asser cream dress shirt an okay shade to wear?
2) if you are wearing brown shoes/brown belt with a navy suit, can you wear a tie with brown as the primary color, or is this too matchy?
3) can you wear cashmere, grenadine, or knit ties with a regular wool suit, or do these type of textured ties command an odd jacket?
4) is it okay to wear a midnight blue satin tie (drake's) with a navy suit to work, say, with a plain white or light blue shirt, given how sedate the color scheme is, or is it still too much/flashy?
5) if you could only have 3 staple ties to wear with SUITS ONLY, what would they be? Reppe, grenadine, and then just regular 50oz twill?
6) can you wear alden shell cordovan loafers in burgundy with a plain wool suit to work, or is cordovan more of a casual leather?
7) does anyone know where I can find a Reppe brown tie with light blue dots? I found one from brooks brothers that was perfect in color, but I was weary of the quality. does anyone know where else I can find such a tie IN NYC (no online) that perhaps would be of quality at least on par with turnbull & asser (as a minimum) or better.. does Cesare Attolini have this kind of tie? chocolate with blue dots or burgundy with blue dots..