or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › CH vs. AE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CH vs. AE - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

AE McAllisters......them and Strands are the only AE i would purchase

well considering you want to buy gucci shoes, I'm not sure that carries much weight
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


well considering you want to buy gucci shoes, I'm not sure that carries much weight

happy.gif

post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


well considering you want to buy gucci shoes, I'm not sure that carries much weight

Thanks for following all my post.I do want Gucci shoes by the way.You probably know all the other things I want to purchase.

post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

Thanks for following all my post.I do want Gucci shoes by the way.You probably know all the other things I want to purchase.

well if they are as bad as the guccis, I'd rather not know.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


well if they are as bad as the guccis, I'd rather not know.

 

Thanks for being concerned anyway.Stay on the topic of the thread and worry about yourself

post #21 of 28
FWIW, I have the Air Madison, I want to say for about 2-2.5 years. I wear it once a week, maybe twice from time to time. I just had it re-soled for the first time last month. While it is not luxury by any means, it is a fine shoe. Is it going to get you noticed amongst the C&J, Lobb, Ferragamo crowd? Nah. But I have found it to be comfortable, and nothing has fallen off, fallen apart, or ripped. The only wear that I am starting to see is a small (1cm) crack in the leather on the back near the top edge of the shoe.
post #22 of 28

I have two pairs of CH.  One pair of loafers that served me reasonably well, but the sole + metal shank just separated from the rest of the shoe on the left foot.  Those are still wearable though.  I also have a pair of black wingtips that I bought before I knew any better and they're absolute junk.  Unbearably uncomfortable and they will break before they break in.

post #23 of 28

Can I hijack the thread a bit and ask the wise folks here their views on the AE McNeil which are about 20% off now?

 

Thanks.

 

I have found my AEs to be higher quality than CH and would recommend getting AEs if your budget allows it.  Looks better, feels better and lasts better....

post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennius View Post

Can I hijack the thread a bit and ask the wise folks here their views on the AE McNeil which are about 20% off now?

 

Thanks.

 

I have found my AEs to be higher quality than CH and would recommend getting AEs if your budget allows it.  Looks better, feels better and lasts better....

I really like the MacNeil and am about to order them in cordovan. Not much I can tell you aside from that!

post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 

The AE Jeffersons are really nice too, but they are very expensive.  I don't know if anyone has invested in them?  They look like super quality.

post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

personally i think it looks terrible with jeans. then again with that stubby cap toe, it looks terrible with everything.


Somebody needs to dunk their tampon in vodka!

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post


Somebody needs to dunk their tampon in vodka!

I prefer scotch, but good idea.

seriously though, that short cap is revolting.
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post

The AE Jeffersons are really nice too, but they are very expensive.  I don't know if anyone has invested in them?  They look like super quality.
I have the Jefferson's walnut; they're my favourite shoe out of my comparatively small collection. The leather is noticable softer than my other AEs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post


Somebody needs to dunk their tampon in vodka!
rotflmao.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › CH vs. AE