or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Organization P0rn (A New Thread for Collectors)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tie Organization P0rn (A New Thread for Collectors) - Page 4

post #46 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

this one hold 188 ties


No fucking way.

post #47 of 144

Holy crap. worship.gif

post #48 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

this one hold 188 ties

what kind of storage is that? incredible
post #49 of 144


Sean Crowley, a tie designer for Polo.
post #50 of 144
@Xenon: That is a LOT of ties (and a lot of purp/blue)!

@Mack: I wish I could get paid to put stripes of color together like many of those. satisfied.gif
post #51 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am DIL View Post

Guess who has a new favourite thread?

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

EDIT #2: JRD. Your collection makes me want to be a better man.

Thanks bro. Very nice compliment. fistbump.gif
post #52 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

this one hold 188 ties

Seems you have an affinity for satin geometric ties? puzzled.gif

I really like the storage method
post #53 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

My set-up. Rack actually folds-upwards.
GREAT collection, G.

Deets on the makers?

Also, where'd you buy the rack?
post #54 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

this one hold 188 ties Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


The sad part is there isn't a tie I can see in this photo that I would consider wearing...
post #55 of 144
Wow, very nice collections biggrin.gif
post #56 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

GREAT collection, G.
Deets on the makers?
Also, where'd you buy the rack?

Thanks. I got the racks were from Ikea. I'll get maker's up later today.
post #57 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post

The sad part is there isn't a tie I can see in this photo that I would consider wearing...

 

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

 

Still an impressive collection in its own right, though.

post #58 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

what kind of storage is that? incredible

It's a homemade unit mounted on hinges for easy access to both sides and can rest against a wall. The woods are purpleheart and maple mounted on bronze hinges.
post #59 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Seems you have an affinity for satin geometric ties? puzzled.gif
I really like the storage method


Actually my favourite ties are bold paisleys followed by bold geometrics, but I have far more paisleys in general. Some of these are works of art. The earlier Penroses and Duchamps are absolutely stunning IMHO. I have a couple Brioni paisleys with a deep black background and either deep purple or silver paisley and generously highlighted in 24K satin gold. Believe it or not these are quite tasteful.

this is rack #1 for blacks, blues, purples, lilacs, fuschias, golds, & yellows. Rack # 2 is identical but for browns, greens, reds, oranges. I have a third cheap rack where my soporific (rarely worn/unloved) ties get relegated to such as stripes/reps, solids etc.
post #60 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

this is rack #1 for blacks, blues, purples, lilacs, fuschias, golds, & yellows. Rack # 2 is identical but for browns, greens, reds, oranges. I have a third cheap rack where my soporific (rarely worn/unloved) ties get relegated to such as stripes/reps, solids etc.

 

Pics pls!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Organization P0rn (A New Thread for Collectors)