or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers - Page 4

post #46 of 116
I got a copy of GQ last week. I think the Gap ad was the best part of the entire magazine. Thats not saying a lot but it had some good looks at a good price. Much better than than guys eyeing True Religion. I will drop in tomorrow and see what's left. The cargos posted above look great.
post #47 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I got a copy of GQ last week. I think the Gap ad was the best part of the entire magazine. Thats not saying a lot but it had some good looks at a good price. Much better than than guys eyeing True Religion. I will drop in tomorrow and see what's left. The cargos posted above look great.

I checked it out tonight in the downtown Chicago store. I wanted to see the tech blazer, but they were sold out of it. The rest of the outer wear only had a few size M and S. The orange Mark McNairy piece is pretty cool. The fabric feels like its water repellent so it will be great for winter. It also has a removable lining so it can be useful for spring and fall. For $178, this is a great buy because its well made.

The wool cargo pant in grey and camouflage looks great too. I left with only purchasing the Saturdays & baseball cap. You guys should really check this Gap collab.
post #48 of 116
Is this collection expected to sell out quickly?
post #49 of 116
got the bomber jacket, not sure i want to keep it. m is slim and fits true, but the arms are really, really slim for some reason. i don't know if they'll give with wear or what, but it's just an odd cut. detailing is very nice.
post #50 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

Is this collection expected to sell out quickly?

Most of the interesting stuff is already sold out in the common sizes. 

 

A friend of mine posted a bunch of pictures of his stuff to Instagram and it looked much better IRL than on the Gap pics so I wound up buying a lot more stuff lol. In addition to the Wool Camo Mark McNairy I also bought the Todd Snyder Cargo (had to get a 30L instead of a 28L since they were all sold out), Todd Snyder Camo T, Ovadia & Sons Cargidan (they were all sold out of the tie ffffuuuu.gif), Saturdays Crewneck, and Saturdays '&' White T. 

post #51 of 116
I thought this GQ collab was a success. I definitely didn't like all the pieces, but saw enough good stuff to go in and try some of it.

Grabbed myself an Ovadia & sons tie and wool cargo, as well as the saturday NYC jacket and Todd Snyder scarf.
post #52 of 116
I picked up the O & S cargo trouser, McNasty camo cargo's, and BLK DNM black slim fit jeans... All really really impressive for $270.
post #53 of 116

I definitely would not be opposed to them doing another collab next season. I'd go so far as to say I'd look forward to it if it was announced. 

post #54 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomSquared View Post

I picked up the O & S cargo trouser, McNasty camo cargo's, and BLK DNM black slim fit jeans... All really really impressive for $270.


Can you or anyone else help me out with sizing on the camo cargos? There is no nearby store for me to try it on. I wear a 31 in RRL slim fits and Naked and Famous Weird Guys. Should I get these in the same size? How big is the leg opening on these? Thanks.
post #55 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Can you or anyone else help me out with sizing on the camo cargos? There is no nearby store for me to try it on. I wear a 31 in RRL slim fits and Naked and Famous Weird Guys. Should I get these in the same size? How big is the leg opening on these? Thanks.
Leg opening on a size 30 is 7", pretty aggressive since most of my slim trousers are about 7.5".

I got a size 30 in the Gap camo trousers and I take a 32 in N&F Skinny Guy.
post #56 of 116
Saw the McNairy camo cargos in person. For ~$80, not too bad. I just despise cargos; would've copped if otherwise.

Did not lie when I said I'd be getting the McNairy boxers. No shame about it.
post #57 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Leg opening on a size 30 is 7", pretty aggressive since most of my slim trousers are about 7.5".
I got a size 30 in the Gap camo trousers and I take a 32 in N&F Skinny Guy.


Thanks wj4. Haven't seen you around lately in the TOJ thread. How was the thigh on them? Looser than the Skinny Guys?


Anyone else with a larger size that can chime in with their measurements? I think I will probably go with a 31.
post #58 of 116
Quote:
Todd Snyder designs reside at the intersection of rugged and refined. He makes clothes for the man who wears a jacket and tie because he wants to
post #59 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Thanks wj4. Haven't seen you around lately in the TOJ thread. How was the thigh on them? Looser than the Skinny Guys?
Anyone else with a larger size that can chime in with their measurements? I think I will probably go with a 31.
Haven't been on the ToJ thread because I don't plan on buying any soon.

Size 30 in the Gap camo trousers is pretty much dead on with a 32 in Skinny Guy for me, waist, seat, and thigh. They're very slim. I tried Gap's slim pants before and they were quite loose on me. I wore Skinny Guys today, you can click on my blog to see how they fit me if you'd like.
post #60 of 116

If anybody bought the Todd Snyder parka, could you post a fit pic? I've been looking for a bright orange rain jacket but I don't know how I feel about the extra long fit on this one. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers