Do you need some help to be strong? Have you become too weak with your money on clothes? Well this is your chance to change this!
You are coordially invited to take the oath to help save yourself from financial ruin.
Please Read Carefully.....
1) You will spend not one penny for the entire month on any clothing or clothing-related item(s) for yourself.
2) You will perform some form of maintenance on your clothes/shoes (sewing buttons, polishing shoes, etc)
3) If you sign up before October 04, 2011 you may allow yourself an 'emergency or maintenance fund' of $150 and no more.
Your Emergency - Maintenance fund is to be used only in the event of a true emergency; a funeral, wedding, or some socks/underwear, etc
4) Should you fall and make a purchase you must report the purchase here. You will then resume the challenge to the end of the month. No need to report an emergency purchase. At the end of the month, we'll do an official score card.
5) There are no Emergency fund carry-overs if you successfully completed last months challenge.
- If you sign up October 05 or later, you are allowed NO emergency-maintenance fund at all.
I will tabulate the official list of participants on October 06, 2011.
At any time during the month, should you feel weak, use this thread so others may help talk you out of a purchase.
Take the vows. Commit yourself to a 31 day break from spending. Just think of the money you'll save. Will you do it? Will you try?
Sign-ups begin today but the challenge will begin Monday October 01, 2012 and run to Wednesday October 31, 2012 at midnight.
If you are not already a Styleforum member, I would like to coordially invite you to take 5 minutes to join our beloved forum and participate.
Who's ready to gain strength from the sharing? Who's with me? Arrrgghhhhh!!.....
Edit- I have updated the Emergency & Maintenace budget to $150 (example- the cost of a full resoling)
Edited by MyOtherLife - 9/26/12 at 4:27pm