or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Made to measure shirts in London - recommendations, please!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Made to measure shirts in London - recommendations, please!

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 

I'm new on here, so please be kind!

 

 

I've just discovered the world of made-to-measure suits and can't quite believe that it took me as long as this!  I've bought a couple so far and I'm really pleased with the results.

 

The obvious next step is M2M shirts.  I've bought a couple from Cad and the Dandy and one from Stephen Haroutunian - I liked them, but I wasn't blown away.

 

I'm not looking for anything too fancy or upmarket - just some shirts (unlike the rest of my off the peg ones) which actually fit me properly and which compliment my new suits.

 

A friend of mine recommended Segun Adelaja, but at £250 a pop, it's a bit more than I had wanted to spend!

 

I'm happy to pay up to, say, £125 or £150, but I'd rather not pay as much as that, if at all possible.  I'm not too fussy in terms of style and fabric - I just want some nice/classic shirts in white or plain / solid colours for work (I'm a lawyer).

 

Any advice or recommendations (in London) would be most welcome!

 

thank you....

post #2 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by eml1909 View Post

I'm new on here, so please be kind!

 

 

I've just discovered the world of made-to-measure suits and can't quite believe that it took me as long as this!  I've bought a couple so far and I'm really pleased with the results.

 

The obvious next step is M2M shirts.  I've bought a couple from Cad and the Dandy and one from Stephen Haroutunian - I liked them, but I wasn't blown away.

 

I'm not looking for anything too fancy or upmarket - just some shirts (unlike the rest of my off the peg ones) which actually fit me properly and which compliment my new suits.

 

A friend of mine recommended Segun Adelaja, but at £250 a pop, it's a bit more than I had wanted to spend!

 

I'm happy to pay up to, say, £125 or £150, but I'd rather not pay as much as that, if at all possible.  I'm not too fussy in terms of style and fabric - I just want some nice/classic shirts in white or plain / solid colours for work (I'm a lawyer).

 

Any advice or recommendations (in London) would be most welcome!

 

thank you....

Think you might struggle at that price range down in London. Emma Wills is good but your looking at £250 up for a shirt again! 

post #3 of 29
The guys at Harvie & Hudson do a good job with a great selection of unique fabrics.
post #4 of 29
I don't think you can find a proper bespoke (forget MTM) shirt in London for less than 150 quids.

Andrey
post #5 of 29
Thread Starter 

I'm happy with MTM, no need for fully bespoke.  My problem is that my neck size is 16", but if I buy 16" collars, the rest of the shirt is too big (especially on the arms).  All I want is a shirt that fits properly.

 

I have bought from Cad and the Dandy (£125) and Stephen Haroutunian (£90) - the shirts were absolutely fine (much better than my off the peg shirts), but nothing special and I'm interested in trying out a few different places just to compare.

post #6 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post

The guys at Harvie & Hudson do a good job with a great selection of unique fabrics.

 

I gave them a call ... bespoke shirts start at £225 (minimum order of 4 shirts), so a bit more than I was hoping to spend, unfortunately.

post #7 of 29
Never tried their MTM service, but at least this is an option to consider: http://www.buddshirts.co.uk/made-to-measure/

Andrey
post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 

I've been doing some further digging on the forum and have come across http://www.russellandhodge.com/ - £175 per shirt - a bit more than I'd hope to spend but perhaps my original budget was unrealistic.

 

Problem is that I have read a couple of mixed reviews about the place (although they were from 2008!).

 

Anyone had any recent experiences of R&H?

post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 

Or what about Rayner & Sturges: http://raynerandsturges.com/index.php also £175 for 3 (plus they let you keep the "trial" shirt for free)?


Edited by eml1909 - 9/25/12 at 2:46am
post #10 of 29
A couple you might want to try.

Nino's on Brewer Street Soho.

The other one is a new find of mine Elizabeth Radcliffe. She is ex Edward Sexton both her bespoke and MTM suits are fully canvassed and she cuts them all herself.
I think the only difference is with Bespoke suits she does all the fittings and tailoring herself
With MTM suits she sends the tailoring out but she cuts herself

With shirts I think she cuts herself but again send the tailoring out

http://elizabethradcliffe.co.uk/
http://www.ninos.co.uk/
post #11 of 29
You might also want to try Frank Foster

http://www.frankfostershirts.com/
post #12 of 29

Don't want to sound like im trying to sell you anything but we are a tailors and do bespoke shirts for £120.00. We will be in London in the next 4 weeks.

 

Sorry to anyone that gets annoyed when people are trying to sell anything just wanted to help this guy out.

post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post

Don't want to sound like im trying to sell you anything but we are a tailors and do bespoke shirts for £120.00. We will be in London in the next 4 weeks.

 

Sorry to anyone that gets annoyed when people are trying to sell anything just wanted to help this guy out.

I'm certainly not offended (can't speak for others!), so thanks!

 

Where are you based and do you have a website I can look at for further details about your shirts?

 

Are these fully bespoke (will I have fittings etc) or are these made to measure (straight to finish)?

post #14 of 29

We are based in Manchester but come to London often. 

 

Website is www.charlescampbellbespoke.co.uk

 

They are full bespoke pattern if drafted for you and kept on file. We don't do fittings but im not 100% sure anyone does fittings on shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eml1909 View Post

I'm certainly not offended (can't speak for others!), so thanks!

 

Where are you based and do you have a website I can look at for further details about your shirts?

 

Are these fully bespoke (will I have fittings etc) or are these made to measure (straight to finish)?

post #15 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post

We are based in Manchester but come to London often. 

 

Website is www.charlescampbellbespoke.co.uk

 

They are full bespoke pattern if drafted for you and kept on file. We don't do fittings but im not 100% sure anyone does fittings on shirts.

Thanks. I'm very interested.  A few questions (if you don't mind):

 

1. When will you next be in London?

2. Can you come to my office or do I have to come to you (whereabouts exactly)?

3. Is there a minum order number?

4. Is £120 for a "basic" cloth only? What is the price range for better cloths? I don't want the best, but as a general rule, whether it's clothes, electronics, games or whatever, I tend to avoid "entry level" and go for "mid range"?

5. What is the lead time from the time I place the order?

 

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Made to measure shirts in London - recommendations, please!